Toon turdholes A Mon 16th May KO 8PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
sk-gtfo

Re: Toon turdholes A Mon 16th May KO 8PM

Post by sk-gtfo »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:57 pm
Saliba should walk into that team next season as first choice right sided player but you just know that Arteta will stick with White and Gaby and probably sell Saliba for 30m

Yep will need to sell now to count the pennies.
Wiggy prick hopefully gets fed up giving us loans and sells up.

Glad season is over and quite frankly have no interest in next season.

Back to ignoring Arsenal again, as much as possible, not hooking me back in while these pricks run the club into the ground.

Why can't he sell us and buy Chelsea!!
🤬🤬

John F

Post by John F »

Elneny and Xhaka in midfield two substandard fullbacks and no decent striker what did we expect. The season was lost in the summer and winter windows .50 mil spent on white when we had other positions that urgently needed fixing. This is where the novice accusation of Arteta rings true. He was given money and wasted it on three players, Nuno, Lokonga, and White. He knew in the summer that Auba was misfiring and had given up playing for him. Lacazette was never going to score enough and Eddie's contract was running out.All issues that should of been dealt with in the summer.Really bad mismanagement by the club to try and get by with a substandard threadbare squad. Utd will likely come back, Newcastle will spend and the Spuds will likely have Champions League football to attract players. This was our last chance at the top four. This manager is tactically hopeless as evidenced by the lack of games won when we go behind. Just fucking dismal.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 9:03 pm
Reckon we’ll get to the QF or quite possibly the semi of the Europa before coming up against a half decent side and bottling it.

So that’s next season sorted then.
Forget Europa, we need to concentrate on winning the league.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

January cost us. Not any particular results but stripping the squad bare and not. Ringing a single player in. Not bringing a striker in, even on loan. The management of this football team has been nothing short of fucking disastrous. Catastrophically bad.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:57 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:54 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:40 pm
Think this is me done for a while.

No love in this Arsenal team for me anymore. It’s not even the fact that we’re poor, it’s just the lack of care and effort from these multimillionaires. It’s really not enjoyable anymore.
yep its like the wenger end days but worse, we knew he would go at some point. we know this cu.nt is here for a few years yet, my interest was in us stopping the scum and fucking them over for decades financially, but lets watch them pull ahead again despite having a massive millstone round their neck because they appointed a proper manager yet a massive proportion of our fan base turned there noses up at conte, not for arsenal, not the right style, not the right attitude. People who wouldnt know who GG was for the life of them. Sickening what we are now. Imagine what conte could get out of those young players.
Conte would have brought in 2 or 3 leaders to go with them mate. *word censored* chops will be signing more lightweight no marks - either kids nobody knows or cast offs from his mate Pep
yep and he would bomb out the shit. he wouldnt cut of his nose to spite his face eojer like this crunt has done in alinetating auba and the like. we need pragmatism not some jam tomorrow project that will never happen, been their done that with some monstrous ego french fool who lost the plot. this has the hallmarks of the leics season title win. all the stars aligned for us and we could have propelled ourselves in to a position of strength and severely weakened our rivals for years, but we shot our selves in the foot for no reason than the ego and inexperience of one man. I know we wouldnt compete in the cl next season, but that wasnt the point,we would have stopped an immediate rival and fucked them over monumentally and at least given ourselves a bit more hope of improving by the attractiveness of it and extra (theoretical) spend we should have had.

we wont be in the top 4 again for 5 years at least. scum will march on now, united will surely come gain and newcatse will be there. this is the grimmest point i can think of in many a year for our future, given the architect of it has signed a new deal.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Mon May 16, 2022 9:02 pm
I’m done.

I’m done pretending.

I’m done pretending that the efforts, or lack there of, of these multi-millionaires mean something to me anymore.

I’m done pretending that these multimillionaires give anything close to as much shit as the average fan who invests so much emotional and financial investment into the team.

I’m done pretending that it’s actually important to finish anywhere in the table below first or above 18th, because who gives a shit overall? Quite frankly, if we are not in then running for a trophy then the season is pointless. Why should I, or any supporter of Arsenal Football Club, care if the team earns x amount of money for finishing in X position, when it’s not a trophy? The expectations of this football club is to win trophies. Celebrating anything else is farcical.

Having said that, I’d much rather we are a team where 6th meant something rather than the yo-yo “Sky a sports European place head-to-head” sort of team that we currently are. It’s pointless, it’s farcical; and quote from ally the whole club can go and fuck itself.

I didn’t watch the derby. The first one I haven’t watched in 14 years. Not for any other reason other than I just didn’t care anymore. I just can’t. I didn’t watch tonight but I did sneak a quick listen on the radio here and there. It’s just boring. This faux “European spot” shit is exhaustingly tedious. The whole “Sky Sports/BT Sports” thing is boring. It’s just boring.

The players that are paid thousands per weeks by this club don’t care as much as ANYONE on this forum. So why should I? Why should you?

It’s a joke. All of it.

I’ll stay on here and enjoy the laughter etc, but I just don’t have it in me to honestly care about the exploits of a team that doesn’t give a rats arse if they play well or not.
100% agree,I love the name Arsenal football club and the club of my youth,not this current sham who are cheating my clubs name most weeks,it makes me sick some of these players wear my clubs shirt and fake emotion when they have been fucking awful,unacceptable and undefendable by anyone

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Crap, utter crap, lack of leadership and adaptability shows time and time again with a bunch of inexperienced players. No one out there calming things down, no one takiing control and taking the sting out of things, it reeked of desperation before they even kicked off.

Arteta getting an extended contract was an absolute joke before the end of the season and yet again it shows the poor quality of leadership at the club, i'm not sure currently which one is worse Emery's collapse or Arteta's :roll:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

John F wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 9:04 pm
Elneny and Xhaka in midfield two substandard fullbacks and no decent striker what did we expect. The season was lost in the summer and winter windows .50 mil spent on white when we had other positions that urgently needed fixing. This is where the novice accusation of Arteta rings true. He was given money and wasted it on three players, Nuno, Lokonga, and White. He knew in the summer that Auba was misfiring and had given up playing for him. Lacazette was never going to score enough and Eddie's contract was running out.All issues that should of been dealt with in the summer.Really bad mismanagement by the club to try and get by with a substandard threadbare squad. Utd will likely come back, Newcastle will spend and the Spuds will likely have Champions League football to attract players. This was our last chance at the top four. This manager is tactically hopeless as evidenced by the lack of games won when we go behind. Just fucking dismal.
To be fair to elneny he’s been our best player this last month

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Mon May 16, 2022 9:05 pm
January cost us. Not any particular results but stripping the squad bare and not. Ringing a single player in. Not bringing a striker in, even on loan. The management of this football team has been nothing short of fucking disastrous. Catastrophically bad.
Yeah that’s what sealed it for me too (even though I almost started to believe at one point down the stretch).

Just goes to show how poor this league is outside of the top 2 that a team rammed full of shit like Cedric, Nuno, Xhaka and El Neny that has no striker at the club could even be in contention for top 4.

Add to the mix our better players - Saka, ESR, Martinelli and Odegaard who barley kicked a ball between them since February and you’ve a team that’s weak as fuck and it’s a miracle they qualified for any kind of European competition at all.

As I said on the other page you then have Tomi, Tierney and Party - 3 massive sick notes and fuck me when you put it all together it’s a giant fucking shit show.

A rookie manager out of his depth and an absent owner that doesn’t give a shit

:suicide:

Block93

Post by Block93 »

I don't see what the problem was tonight, to be honest.

Newcastle were the better team by a mile, quicker players on the ball, and with a good manager. Even with nothing to play for.

Spurs are a much better team, with an experienced manager who knows what he's doing. Other than Tierney, would any of our players get a starting place in that side?

We couldn't score goals, so we gave away our best striker in January, who has scored plenty of goals since.

We have relied for goals on two players who actually don't want to be here, and frankly, are next to useless at this level.

Barring a miracle on Sunday, then the atmosphere at home should be toxic. I hope it is.

We have got 100% of what we deserve.

And Arteta's new contract at £7m per year just puts the tin lid on everything.

What a complete and utter fucking shambles.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 9:09 pm
Crap, utter crap, lack of leadership and adaptability shows time and time again with a bunch of inexperienced players. No one out there calming things down, no one takiing control and taking the sting out of things, it reeked of desperation before they even kicked off.

Arteta getting an extended contract was an absolute joke before the end of the season and yet again it shows the poor quality of leadership at the club, i'm not sure currently which one is worse Emery's collapse or Arteta's :roll:
The Arteta collapse has been much much worse because he only had the league to focus on

To be fair to Emery he was distracted by the Europa league as well that season

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Xhaka is untouchable. Wenger bought him and as was his wont in those situations, doubled down on the mistake and practically picked the team around him. Arteta, a Wenger disciple, does the same, and will continue to do so. So not only are we stuck with the manager, we are stuck with Xhaka being the first name on the team sheet. I want to say we deserve better....but do we?? Fans chanting Arteta's name, a mediocre player and an even worse manager. Maybe not us, but the club has got what it deserves.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I used to say it under Wenger for about 8 years or so....

I'm afraid there will be many more days like this. We are a club that always be able to attract bright prospects and develop talented kids....but sadly we will never have the ambition to round if off. The similarity is that both managers didn't value leadership (rotational leadership vs leadership group) - all sounds familiar eh? Two managers that value nice bright young lads who hang off their every word and can't manage top talents with a bit of personality

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

robbo10 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 9:07 pm
Mon May 16, 2022 9:02 pm
I’m done.

I’m done pretending.

I’m done pretending that the efforts, or lack there of, of these multi-millionaires mean something to me anymore.

I’m done pretending that these multimillionaires give anything close to as much shit as the average fan who invests so much emotional and financial investment into the team.

I’m done pretending that it’s actually important to finish anywhere in the table below first or above 18th, because who gives a shit overall? Quite frankly, if we are not in then running for a trophy then the season is pointless. Why should I, or any supporter of Arsenal Football Club, care if the team earns x amount of money for finishing in X position, when it’s not a trophy? The expectations of this football club is to win trophies. Celebrating anything else is farcical.

Having said that, I’d much rather we are a team where 6th meant something rather than the yo-yo “Sky a sports European place head-to-head” sort of team that we currently are. It’s pointless, it’s farcical; and quote from ally the whole club can go and fuck itself.

I didn’t watch the derby. The first one I haven’t watched in 14 years. Not for any other reason other than I just didn’t care anymore. I just can’t. I didn’t watch tonight but I did sneak a quick listen on the radio here and there. It’s just boring. This faux “European spot” shit is exhaustingly tedious. The whole “Sky Sports/BT Sports” thing is boring. It’s just boring.

The players that are paid thousands per weeks by this club don’t care as much as ANYONE on this forum. So why should I? Why should you?

It’s a joke. All of it.

I’ll stay on here and enjoy the laughter etc, but I just don’t have it in me to honestly care about the exploits of a team that doesn’t give a rats arse if they play well or not.
100% agree,I love the name Arsenal football club and the club of my youth,not this current sham who are cheating my clubs name most weeks,it makes me sick some of these players wear my clubs shirt and fake emotion when they have been fucking awful,unacceptable and undefendable by anyone
This is what it all comes down to, the 'working mans' game is gone, it is all about money now across the game but for me the EPL has become the embodiment of footballing WWE, it is entertainment not sport any more.

I watched an interesting podcast thing yesterday and it was talking about the middle class elites and money men taking away footballs original culture and it is so true, i often wonder how many lads who were born within a mile or two of Highbury actually attend the conglomerates these days, christ how many can afford to.

So much went wrong in football with the advent of the PL and the Sky deal and snowballed worldwide from there, the astronomical wages and player values, the huge dislocation of players from all over the world with next to no interest in playing for the badge but do so because of the money they earn, they in the main just dont understand what it means to local people. People whose families helped build these clubs by attending week in week out for over a century had the souls of the clubs ripped out of them for money.

Christ look at the top tiers of football FIFA and UEFA, they are registered charities but make more money than many international corporations, they are in my own opinion utterly corrupt and are without any oversight, christ on a bike Qatar gets the World Cup, a country renowned for their human rights violations and utter disregard for various minority groups......

We bemoan the results but in reality it is just a symptom of what football has become, 'who cares if we lost i still earned my £100k this week'.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

There was a big opportunity this season to progress.
The teams around us were handing us 4th on a plate and we've fucking squandered it.

We could have got away with it, got in a top striker who wanted to play CL and push on.
Saliba has to come in and play and partner Gabriel. The midfield needs sorted out but most importantly we need experienced players.

Just look at the likes of Jordan Henderson, Thiago and Virgil Van Dijk all 30+ but fucking winners.
This team has no balance.