Toon turdholes A Mon 16th May KO 8PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Toon turdholes A Mon 16th May KO 8PM

Post by falkirk goon »

Well next up after tonights disaster at the swamp :( its the moneybags barcodes. I was going to make the title Toon turdholing cos theres a fair chance thatll happen here :( Its their last game at home and theyve had the place rocking these last few months.
Its at times like these you look to your senior pros and manager :oops: for inspiration..
By the time we go here the scum will have already played Boornleh..lets hope they get something cos theres a good chance well get ragdolled again on monday :cry:

SteveO 35

Re: Toon turdholes A Mon 16th May KO 8PM

Post by SteveO 35 »

Will we have any centre halves. Most of the bench will be revising for their A levels whilst the game goes on

Back line of Cedric, Tomiaysu, Xhaka and Tavares most likely. There’s a battle hardened squad ready for CL football eh?
Lokonga back in CDM

We will lose 1-0 and it will be played at a pace that Ted Drake would be at home playing in

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have won 17 and lost just one of their last 18 Premier League games against Newcastle United.

The Gunners have lost just one of the last 13 at St James Park - winning seven of the last eight

What could possibly go wrong :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

we will probably be relying on Burnley to get us a result at Spurs on Sunday :oops:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:08 pm
Will we have any centre halves. Most of the bench will be revising for their A levels whilst the game goes on

Back line of Cedric, Tomiaysu, Xhaka and Tavares most likely. There’s a battle hardened squad ready for CL football eh?
Lokonga back in CDM

We will lose 1-0 and it will be played at a pace that Ted Drake would be at home playing in
I think Xhaka will be suspended for this match

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:21 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:08 pm

Lokonga back in CDM

I think Xhaka will be suspended for this match

Why would he be suspended

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

You have to have 15 yellows to be suspended at this late stage of the season and even he hasn't that many.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

This is the Arsenal - owned by one of the world's richest men, the biggest club in the biggest city in Europe......and here we are wondering if we will have a centre half available to play when we've played less games than any of our rivals in the top six.

He chose to farm out Mavropanos, Saliba, Chambers and Mari - and leave us with 3 recognised centre halves, plus the option of a RB who can play there part time in his first season in English football

If that isn't chronic squad mismanagement I don't know what is. Leaving yourselves 3 and a bit centre halves for a full English PL season - absolutely embarrassing. If we do end up playing Clive there lets not bemoan injuries - they happen every season for every club and ours this season haven't been especially bad compared to other clubs or previous seasons. You need a minimum of 4 centre halves, preferably 5. We have 3. Shameful mismanagement

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Things are not going as well as we had hoped, however we have 2 games to win to get CL next season, it's not going to be easy & I've been worried about this Newcastle game for weeks. But let's face facts we don't deserve to qualify if we can't win these last 2 games anyway, I read that the Swampys have already won both their same games against the sides we have to play, so if we do the same we will be good enough. :barscarf:

As for Middlesex & their last 2 games, they look easier on paper, Burnley & Norwich, both relegated, so they are only playing for pride. So the pressure is on us, but we have our own fate in our hands, would our scum rivals swap with us? Are we in a better position? :rubchin:

Time to go for it, if we do what is needed they can't catch us, we know what is required, no excuses, blood & guts, we are The Arsenal & when we are underdogs we often surprise the doubters! :box: :barscarf: It was always going to come down to the last 2 games so bring it on! :box: :mrgreen:

Come on you Gunners, don't let our club & supporters down! :barscarf:

Moaning & complaining is not an option, we are The Arsenal. :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I keep hearing about what a tough game this is, as if it will be some heroic achievement to go up there and get a result

This lot are 14th FFS, and they are there for good reason. They are absolutely fucking shit.

In the last month they've lost 5-1 to Spurs and 5-0 to City. They've scored 4 in their last 4 games and 3 of them were against Norwich, who just about everyone is racking up 3 or more against.

If we lose or draw with these c.unts its a shameful result. If we win, it isn't some heroic effort - its what we should be expecting

Saint Maximin is ok, this Bruno bloke we were supposed to like is supposed to be ok.....but this is a team that lashed out £15m on Chris Wood to survive FFS. Lascelles, Targett, Krafth, Burn - fuck me, if we don't go up there and score at least a couple it will be epic failure !

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:04 am
You have to have 15 yellows to be suspended at this late stage of the season and even he hasn't that many.

Can we invent some a bit sharpish?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:49 am
Things are not going as well as we had hoped, however we have 2 games to win to get CL next season, it's not going to be easy & I've been worried about this Newcastle game for weeks. But let's face facts we don't deserve to qualify if we can't win these last 2 games anyway, I read that the Swampys have already won both their same games against the sides we have to play, so if we do the same we will be good enough. :barscarf:

As for Middlesex & their last 2 games, they look easier on paper, Burnley & Norwich, both relegated, so they are only playing for pride. So the pressure is on us, but we have our own fate in our hands, would our scum rivals swap with us? Are we in a better position? :rubchin:

Time to go for it, if we do what is needed they can't catch us, we know what is required, no excuses, blood & guts, we are The Arsenal & when we are underdogs we often surprise the doubters! :box: :barscarf: It was always going to come down to the last 2 games so bring it on! :box: :mrgreen:

Come on you Gunners, don't let our club & supporters down! :barscarf:

Moaning & complaining is not an option, we are The Arsenal. :barscarf:

A Churchillian WWII style speech, but about a French WWII style army.

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 11:47 am
I keep hearing about what a tough game this is, as if it will be some heroic achievement to go up there and get a result

This lot are 14th FFS, and they are there for good reason. They are absolutely fucking shit.

In the last month they've lost 5-1 to Spurs and 5-0 to City. They've scored 4 in their last 4 games and 3 of them were against Norwich, who just about everyone is racking up 3 or more against.

If we lose or draw with these c.unts its a shameful result. If we win, it isn't some heroic effort - its what we should be expecting

Saint Maximin is ok, this Bruno bloke we were supposed to like is supposed to be ok.....but this is a team that lashed out £15m on Chris Wood to survive FFS. Lascelles, Targett, Krafth, Burn - fuck me, if we don't go up there and score at least a couple it will be epic failure !

£25m Steve O - they pissed away £25m on that donkey

My one fear about this game isnt the possibility of drawing or even losing, it is that this useless c.unt will score against us - I have a buddy over here that is a geordie fan and I have been giving him dogs abuse for months about pissing away £25m on chris wood, and the thoughts of having to listen to shit from him if chris wood scores against us is causing me sleepless nights :oops: I dont care what centre halves we are missing Monday night - if we played the two women centre halves against him I would be disgusted if they let him score

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Willow goal to do us over anyone...?

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 11:47 am

Yep should be 2 routine wins for us next 2 games. But given how shite and flaky we are under pressure would we bet on it....