Fábio Vieira

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Fábio Vieira

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Not quite in .com yet but Arsenal direct are advertising his shirt number etc.

https://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/shopb ... BIO_VIEIRA
Last edited by Arsenal Till I Die on Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Welcome Fábio Vieira

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Fabio Vieira has joined us from FC Porto on a long-term contract.

The 22 year-old midfielder, who made 54 appearances during his time with Porto, developed through the Portuguese club’s youth academy, making his first team debut in June 2020 and was part of the Primeira Liga winning squads in both 2019/20 and 2021/22.

Fabio is a Portuguese Under-21 international and has scored an impressive 13 goals from his 21 appearances. He also represented his country at youth level, playing all five tournament matches as Portugal finished runners-up at the 2019 UEFA Under-19 Championship.

During last season’s Primeira Liga winning season, Fabio made 27 appearances, scoring six goals and making 14 assists during the league campaign.

Technical Director Edu said: “We’re so pleased to have completed the signing of Fabio from FC Porto. Fabio is a player with special qualities who is comfortable with the ball in the final third of the pitch. We are all looking forward to working with him and enjoying his future contribution to Arsenal. We will now continue to work hard and are looking forward to finishing this transfer window as strongly possible.” Please click here to watch the full interview with Edu.

Mikel Arteta added: ”I am very excited that we have identified and signed such a special talent. Fabio is a very creative player that will bring high quality and versatility to our attacking play. We welcome Fabio and his family to our club and are looking forward to starting work with him ahead of the new season.”

Fabio will wear the number 21 shirt and join up with his new team mates soon for pre-season training.

Everyone at Arsenal welcomes Fabio to the club.

The transfer is subject to the completion of regulatory processes.
https://www.arsenal.com/news/fabio-viei ... m-contract

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

He had a good season in Portugal last year so hopefully he can take that forward, some accounts saying we got him for a steal at £34M as his release clause was in the region of £42.5, any way......

Welcome Fabio and I hope you can live up to your namesake's legacy :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:38 pm
He had a good season in Portugal last year so hopefully he can take that forward, some accounts saying we got him for a steal at £34M as his release clause was in the region of £42.5, any way......

Welcome Fabio and I hope you can live up to your namesake's legacy :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
What,that long haired ponce model Fabio? :oops: :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Welcome, Fabio and the very best of luck to you. I hope you'll be awesome. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:08 pm
Welcome, Fabio and the very best of luck to you. I hope you'll be awesome. :barscarf:
Amen to That Brother! :high5:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

robbo10 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:14 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Was thinking the exact same thing! :D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:19 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:14 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Was thinking the exact same thing! :D :wink:
Nooooo! You're thinking of the Tree Hugger who couldn't defend if his life depended on it. :roll: :D

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Looks a little too much like Ceballos for my liking but good luck to the lad, he looks good on YouTube :barscarf:

By the way, Vieira himself said his playing style is similar to Odegaard so perhaps he’s more a central player than wide right.

Also, it feels great typing the name Vieira again… please do the name justice Fabio! :box:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Apparently his nick name is The Beast as he "Likes' a Tackle ! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: Go on my son "AVE HIM!" :box: :D

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:09 am
Apparently his nick name is The Beast as he "Likes' a Tackle ! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: Go on my son "AVE HIM!" :box: :D
That’s a bad omen. Baptista was nicknamed the beast and he was anything but!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Oh! Don't Remind Me.... Chest Like a fucking wardrobe with 2 left feet at different angles! :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:06 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:09 am
That’s a bad omen. Baptista was nicknamed the beast and he was anything but!
IIRC I think someone on here changed his nickname to "The Least". :lol:

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

At least he's already got a song - all we've got to do is change "Senegal" to "Portugal".

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

And yes, it does scan!