Praise be to G Jesus!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ed Hunter The Gooner

Re: Praise be to G Jesus!

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

I think he is a decent signing for us and hopefully he'll be a success with us. At City he was a bit shadowed by Aguero and played the second fiddle but hopefully with us he'll smashes it. Given that Arteta won't put him on the wing that is.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

I hope this Jesus turns up,not like his fucking namesake

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

robbo10 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:07 pm
I hope this Jesus turns up,not like his fucking namesake
Oh yea of little faith :wink:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

To be fair to him, everything I’ve seen so far suggests that he is (and wants to) fitting in with the club.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Kieran Tierney: “The signings have been amazing, like Gabriel Jesus from Manchester City. The first thing I said to him was, ‘I hated playing against you!’, so I’m buzzing he’s on our team now. There is a feeling in the camp, a different hunger, a different desire.” [Mail] #afc

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

I hope he proves you guys all wrong , our new wrighty ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

He looked good in spells tonight. Has some great touches. Just hope playing in front of the complete fucktard Clive doesn't demotivate him.

TomHelo14

Post by TomHelo14 »

Gonna throw it out there, reckon our lord and saviour bags minimum 20 all comps this year.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Praise be to G Jesus! ???

Hallelujah !

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

TomHelo14 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:25 pm
Gonna throw it out there, reckon our lord and saviour bags minimum 20 all comps this year.

In all competitions? I would bloody hope so. I'd consider that a minimum expection tbh. I think I said, before the pre season games, that 16 league goals is the minimum we should be loking for, but that I would be surprised if he scores more than 12 in the league. If he carries on with his pre season form and the first half against Palace, then 12 looks low, but early days. Once again, I would love to be wrong.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I reckon he will score at least 18 - 20 goals in just the Prem! :barscarf:

(I hope) :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wasn't against us signing him, but did not think he was what we needed. So happy to be proven so wrong by Martinez-Lite. Jesus has been superb for us.

The man is different class. 8)

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:51 pm
Wasn't against us signing him, but did not think he was what we needed. So happy to be proven so wrong by Martinez-Lite. Jesus has been superb for us.

I think hes surprised all of us to be fair

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:23 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:51 pm

I think hes surprised all of us to be fair
Apparently Ohdeargod is well respected as captain but for me he is too inconsistent in his performance and seems quiet on the pitch. I'd like to see Jesus get the armband. He is a leader and a fantastic example to all our players.

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

I don't think even the most optimistic of supporters would have predicted the transformative impact that Jesus have had. I feel even the way Martinelli had exploded this season has a lot to do with playing alongside a player like Jesus, they are made of the same cloth. I don't think there is another front 3 in the league that provides the menace factor to defenders than Jesus, Saka and Martinelli does.

On the flip side though, the non comprising way that Jesus plays every minute he is on the pitch, it gives me a mini heart attack every time he is at the wrong end of a heavy challenge. I wish he would be a bit more clever and careful about when to engage because what he brings is irreplaceable in the current squad.