Jack Wilshere retires

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Jack Wilshere retires

Post by Nos89 »

Guess it was inevitable. Such a great talent, Arsenal through and through. A career blighted by injuries. Seen his highs and lows, to finish at only 30 years is hard to take for him. I'd still have in the team ahead of Xhaka now. Good luck for the future Jack, hope your coaching career exceeds your playing one.

Gunnerz4life

Re: Jack Wilshere retires

Post by Gunnerz4life »

Looks like he will be appointed as the head coach of the U18s. Good luck to the lad.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:05 pm
Guess it was inevitable. Such a great talent, Arsenal through and through. A career blighted by injuries. Seen his highs and lows, to finish at only 30 years is hard to take for him. I'd still have in the team ahead of Xhaka now. Good luck for the future Jack, hope your coaching career exceeds your playing one.
Maybe Xhakash!t might consider retiring at 29…

… but for injuries and lifestyle choices, Wilshere could have been an Arsenal great. So talented.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Not suprising really given his last couple of years….

Wishing him all the best :barscarf:

Not sure what his coaching ability is like to step into the under 18 role, but good luck to him if he does.

Scored an absolutely iconic goal that showed off our pass and move, one touch flick finish v. Norwich that deservedly got goal of the season

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... Y-fcAzZ3Cy
Last edited by StuartL on Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Is it harsh to blame Wenger for overplaying him and ruined his career !

Midz

Post by Midz »

who fucking cares, really.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:22 pm
It suprising really given his last couple of years….

Not sure what his coaching ability is like to step into the under 18 role, but good luck to him if he does.

Scored an absolutely iconic goal that showed off our pass and move, one touch flick finish v. Norwich that deservedly got goal of the season

That goal was Wilshere and Giroud at their best. Unfortunately we never got to see either of them at that level consistently.

Jack was a superb talent and I can't help but think he wasted his career with poor onfield decision making and poor lifestyle choices.

Wish him all the best.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Sad to see him retire at 30. In another timeline, he's been our captain for five years and been the best midfielder in Europe for the last six or seven. It could have been so different. Blame Wanker for playing him into the ground as a 17 year old and not looking after him.

John F

Post by John F »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:02 pm
StuartL wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:22 pm
It suprising really given his last couple of years….

That goal was Wilshere and Giroud at their best. Unfortunately we never got to see either of them at that level consistently.

Jack was a superb talent and I can't help but think he wasted his career with poor onfield decision making and poor lifestyle choices.

Wish him all the best.
I lost count of the number of times other teams used to target his ankles. If he had played abroad I am sure he would have had a longer career.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

He was shite!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

All the best Jack...Arsenal through and through

shu

Post by shu »

gooner265 wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:44 pm
Is it harsh to blame Wenger for overplaying him and ruined his career !

But wenger did overplay him as a 16/17 year old and he was crying out for a rest but wenger had no back up . So wenger is at the very atleast part to blame

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Cue what’s happening to Saka now

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The Club has been mid-managed for approaching 20 years. All of these tales are collateral damage.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:00 pm
The Club has been mis-managed for approaching 20 years. All of these tales are collateral damage.