Everton N Sun 17th July KO 0.00 hrs

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Everton N Sun 17th July KO 0.00 hrs

Post by falkirk goon »

Next up is a pile of pish friendly :oops: fuck me :rubchin: friendlies against teams from our own league :oops: what's the point :roll: Kick off is 7pm east coast time over there on the sat so it's midnight Saturday our time.Theyre shite...were shite....game will be shite..... :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Re: Everton N Sun 17th July KO 0.00 hrs

Post by mcdowell42 »

Thomas Partey is among the players who won’t be travelling to the US for Arsenal’s pre-season tour today, as well as Bernd Leno & Folarin Balogun.

[@TimesSport] #afc

Times well off the mark with this,Arsenal.com confirms squad for the U.S. and the above 3 players are included in the squad travelling
Last edited by mcdowell42 on Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:29 pm
Next up is a pile of pish friendly :oops: fuck me :rubchin: friendlies against teams from our own league :oops: what's the point :roll: Kick off is 7pm east coast time over there on the sat so it's midnight Saturday our time.Theyre shite...were shite....game will be shite..... :barscarf:
Pre-season friendlies should involve games against lower division teams who are up for a proper game against a bigger club and who want to make a name for themselves. Or, they should be against decent teams from other countries who you rarely play against. When did all this play against someone from your own league bollox begin? Fuck me, waste of fucking time playing Everton. Who fucking cares? I blame fucking Sky for all this shit, about fifteen years ago they needed to start filling their summer schedules with stuff and tried pretending that friendlies were important. Nobody cares.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:54 am
falkirk goon wrote:
Pre-season friendlies should involve games against lower division teams who are up for a proper game against a bigger club and who want to make a name for themselves. Or, they should be against decent teams from other countries who you rarely play against. When did all this play against someone from your own league bollox begin? Fuck me, waste of fucking time playing Everton. Who fucking cares? I blame fucking Sky for all this shit, about fifteen years ago they needed to start filling their summer schedules with stuff and tried pretending that friendlies were important. Nobody cares.
My favourite ever pre season match was at the start of the 89 season…

The Makita International tournament
, Us, Bayern Munich, Milan and Scum

We beat the scum 4–0, with them having all the hype of Gazza et al, Marwood bossed them and we strolled home.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 9kKPWzG_1-

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:53 pm
falkirk goon wrote:

We beat the scum 4–0, with them having all the hype of Gazza et al, Marwood bossed them and we strolled home.

I believe the scum put out a DVD and coffee mug combo set after that game : "The glory glory game we didn't lose 5 nil to Arsenal" :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Regards an alleged rapist accusation against a person

(A)can a person on police bail in the UK leave the country

and
(B) will the US allow a person on bail from another jurisdiction entry.

Any armchair legal experts on here know .

PS It's not me

Perryashburtongroves

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:44 pm

and

PS It's not me
It depends whether said individual has been charged or not. If he hasn't been, he is usually able to move around freely.

Perryashburtongroves

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:34 pm
StuartL wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:53 pm
falkirk goon wrote:

I believe the scum put out a DVD and coffee mug combo set after that game : "The glory glory game we didn't lose 5 nil to Arsenal" :lol:
I used to fucking love the Makita tournament. We won it regularly and teams like Bayern Munich, Sampdoria, Panathinaikos, Atletico Madrid, Real Sociedad seemed exotic and exciting. I have a memory of some of the early ones being live on ITV too.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:28 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:44 pm

and

PS It's not me
It depends whether said individual has been charged or not. If he hasn't been, he is usually able to move around freely.

Just saw this on twitter

There have been no charges laid on the player in question and he can fulfil his professional commitments including permitted travel.

[@TheAthleticUK] #afc

Thanks 😉

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Just popped in to say hello

God I hate pre-season

Couldn't give a fuck if we win 7-4, lose 3-6, draw 4-4.....whatever. All meaningless nonsense

When I see Bellerin featuring in pre season games with Mari, AMN, Pepe etc, it just proves to me that all this 'clearing out the deadwood' stuff is just a bullshit myth. Lets hope by the time the season starts that we have something vaguely looking like a competitive squad

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

If Calvert lewin scores a hat trick against us we should just sign him there and then.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Tickets still available
Anyone on here going?

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

2-0

The Messiah with a goal and an assist :barscarf:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

No Smith Rowe. Injured?

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

ESR, Tierney, Tomi, White and Vieira out with niggles/ minor injuries.

A bit worrying that Tomi seems to be going the Tierney way and breaking down a lot. We can't afford another season with our first choice fullbacks missing half the season.