ALL OR NOTHING: Arsenal on Amazon Starts August Thursday 4th 2022

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: ALL OR NOTHING: Arsenal on Amazon Starts August Thursday 4th 2022

Post by OneBardGooner »

You don't seem to be able to grasp the fact that Holding simply isn't good enough:

To hold down a permanent position in the team

Isn't good enough quality wise to play at Arsenal never mind be Captain.

If you genuinely regard Holding as being good enough to be the Arsenal Captain then I would suggest you are on your own in that opinion.

How about we ask Augie what he thinks? He has a fair and balanced view of all things Arsenal. :D

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Just watching episode 4 .
Many thought at the time that Auba should have been indulged. Arteta was right that he was a cancer.

He wanted Jesus instead and just look at that boy's attitude.

Arteta was right.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Watching episode 5 with growing rage.... fucking Clive the supposed senior player trying to blame youngster Saka for his own stupidity in getting a red against the victims. The cùnt genuinely thinks he saved the day with that stupid pathetic "tackle". And referring to himself in the third person as well. :roll:

This just minutes after a clip of him talking about being one if the experienced players that have to lead and "adwise" the younger players. :roll: :oops:

Deluded fucking moronic cùnt. :censored:

Fair fucks to Saka, was having none of it and stood his ground. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Oh my dear fucking God. Just watching the Clive fluff scene with his wife and kids. What a cynical faked fucking bit of club PR horseshit this is. :oops: :roll:

Self pitying cùnt Clive still whining about fans yelling at him. :roll: :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Worryingly this episode really gives the impression that Edutard and Dick Garlick are much like Martinez-Lite - just novices in their jobs. They seem to have been taken by surprise by Martinez-Lite clearing out half the squad in January and seemed almost incapable of respinding effectively.

And tbh Edutard is a whiney fucker too. "Ooh my job is so tough... ooh I can't sleep at night.... ooh poor me..."

Fuck off. If you can't cut it, get out. :censored:

augie

Post by augie »

Thynker wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:14 pm
Many thought at the time that Auba should have been indulged. Arteta was right that he was a cancer.

Arteta was right.

And if he doesnt score the goals auba did will your opinion change ? :rubchin:

No-one ever doubted jesus's attitude and work ethic (not even me), but as well as he played yesterday (his 2 goals were great goals in different ways), auba of two seasons ago would have grabbed at least 4 yesterday cos jesus missed two that top strikers score. Your argument on getting rid of auba is all well and good, but you cant be taken seriously if you are only justifying it by comparing to a player who has only played two games for the club - try justifying it by looking at our lack of goals in the second half of last season, and tell me then if it was such a great decision :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:13 am
Oh my dear fucking God. Just watching the Clive fluff scene with his wife and kids. What a cynical faked fucking bit of club PR horseshit this is. :oops: :roll:

Self pitying cùnt Clive still whining about fans yelling at him. :roll: :censored:

I did warn you mate. :|

I have reached the point where I am Totally Bewildered and Utterly Baffled that there are 'fans' who think the cun.t is the bees knees and even rate him as a decent player... I mean in what fucking universe do these morons live?; obviously the same delusional universe as Farteta and Edutard....

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:09 pm
Thynker wrote:

Arteta was right.

No-one ever doubted jesus's attitude and work ethic (not even me), but as well as he played yesterday (his 2 goals were great goals in different ways), auba of two seasons ago would have grabbed at least 4 yesterday cos jesus missed two that top strikers score. Your argument on getting rid of auba is all well and good, but you cant be taken seriously if you are only justifying it by comparing to a player who has only played two games for the club - try justifying it by looking at our lack of goals in the second half of last season, and tell me then if it was such a great decision :roll:

Regardless of how Jesus fares mate, Auba was taking the piss... it was bad enough that his form had dropped off a cliff and that he could barely be bothered to close down and case down the opposition as part of the forward press, but then to actually start taking the piss by not turning up on time for training etc (having been given dispensation to visit his mother during a working week)..

It wasn't the first time Auba had pulled these kind of stunts...which is why B. Dortmund were keen to sell him.

So I for one think it was right to get shot of him, but that doesn't mean I think Farteta is the man for the job.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:52 am
Well if you want to be pedantic (cue playing mantis :mrgreen: ) It begins in Episode 4 and culminates (Ooooh! Missus! :oops: ) in Episode 5 - Hence the title "Exit".
Why you little cock pussy!

As someone late of this parish once said!

the playing mantis

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:27 pm
If anything it shows Rob Holding is a major leading in the dressing room. Even the new signings have said how welcoming he is. If anyone should be club captain it's Rob Holding, even though he's not a regular first team starter. He should not be sold or loaned out yet. He balances the squad.
This is all that's wrong. Keeping a player who never will be good enough and is a liability as he's the "right sort".

Where's the winning mentality going to develop with nonsense like this. No wonder the support is happy with mediocrity and we will never get back whilst this attitude exists in thr club and a lot of the fan base.

Fuck it, give him a concierge job if we must as he makes everyone feel so welcome, just nowhere near the playing squad.

the playing mantis

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:32 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:13 am

I did warn you mate. :|

I have reached the point where I am Totally Bewildered and Utterly Baffled that there are 'fans' who think the cun.t is the bees knees and even rate him as a decent player... I mean in what fucking universe do these morons live?; obviously the same delusional universe as Farteta and Edutard....
It's masses of thr fan base.

Yesterday commentator saying he's turned the fans back in love with him or words to that effect. Bllx

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

have people forgot how shit Auba had been since Jan 2020
so much he was dropped from North London Derby for being late top pre match talk whilst club captain
his form in the season up to |Jan 2021 was very poor how many goals did he score ?
now everyone thinks he would have gone on to score a hatful of goals
wrong he was sucking and causing problems inside the club to the point he was excluded form the first team

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:38 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:09 pm
Thynker wrote:

Arteta was right.

Regardless of how Jesus fares mate, Auba was taking the piss... it was bad enough that his form had dropped off a cliff and that he could barely be bothered to close down and case down the opposition as part of the forward press, but then to actually start taking the piss by not turning up on time for training etc (having been given dispensation to visit his mother during a working week)..

It wasn't the first time Auba had pulled these kind of stunts...which is why B. Dortmund were keen to sell him.

So I for one think it was right to get shot of him, but that doesn't mean I think Farteta is the man for the job.

Again I have no issue with any Gooner saying that auba had to go, but my gripe is that we should NOT have sold him unless we had another striker signed to take his place. My second gripe is this juvenile argument that jesus's performance in just 2 games (8 months later) can be used as proof that selling auba was right decision - it is an embarassing modern day fan mentality as though 2 games is all evidence needed to pass judgement :oops:

augie

Post by augie »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:01 pm
have people forgot how shit Auba had been since Jan 2020
so much he was dropped from North London Derby for being late top pre match talk whilst club captain
his form in the season up to |Jan 2021 was very poor how many goals did he score ?
now everyone thinks he would have gone on to score a hatful of goals
wrong he was sucking and causing problems inside the club to the point he was excluded form the first team

But I'm told by a few who watched this crap, that pep's cone boy was the ONLY ONE who wanted auba out of the club when edu, vini and coaches all wanted him brought back into the squad

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I was one of the first to say that Jesus was too "Lightweight" to be our main striker; I was recommending we go for Ivan Toney of Brentford as he's a bit of a beast. Having said that Jesus has played extremely well in our first 2 games which of course is no indicator as I recall Willian playing really well in his first game last season and we all know how that turned out.

I will be delighted if Jesus proves my initial opinion to be wrong, but that is something only time will tell, but first impressions is that he appears to have stepped up a level from when he was at city; which is understandable as his role there was not as the main man.

As to the decision to off-load Auba and then not bring anyone in is now old news unless someone has a Tardis. But in the All or Nothing documentary, the relationship between Auba and the manager is shown to have totally broken down and they either had to keep him on the books (at £400k a week?) or convince another team to take him then and there AND pay his wages in full, which is what the Barcawhores did. What also needs to be considered is that IF we had Brough in a replacement, the selling team of that player would most likely have held us out to ransom and so negating the reason for getting shot of Auba.

That is all in the past what I am focused on is the here and now and how we play this season.