ALL OR NOTHING: Arsenal on Amazon Starts August Thursday 4th 2022

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: ALL OR NOTHING: Arsenal on Amazon Starts August Thursday 4th 2022

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:32 pm
No doubt those predicting the programme an embarrassment to the club will still watch it, and confirm the embarrassment they thought. A bit like all the doom and gloom predictions at the beginning of last season. There's an awful trend of judging things negatively before they happen with Arsenal supporters. The club will struggle to progress with so much negative energy coming from supporters. Lighten up, embrace and enjoy this coming season.

Yup! I always live in hope of being proved wrong....

Yes and that turned out well when we shat our pants against the scum and lost 4th which WAS in our hands.

I will as long as we don't shit our pants again end up outside Top 4 and that a HUGE difference can be noticeably witnessed each game.

I guess one rule of thumb will be to see how we do compared to the Scum - Will their manager out manage ours????? :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

John F wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:54 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:39 pm
Anyway it was equal parts embarrassing and interesting.

One thing I will say: I would not want Martinez-Lite managing me in my old amateur team. He comes across as a football version of Father Trendy from the Father Ted show. His team talks are fucking awful. He could not motivate me to take a shit if I had Cholera. :roll:

I'll be amazed now if we get 5th or 6th tbh, never mind top 4. :|
Father Ted :D .It would explain some of the poor second-half performances we saw last season and the inability to recover from a losing position. Managers who go for speeches, Gimmicks, or give the hair dryer treatment just waste time and do not add anything useful. I prefer ones who change tactics and tell you what is going wrong and what can be done to try and fix it. The other thing that has bothered me about recent Arsenal Teams is the way they over-celebrate when we get a result in a tough game. We need to come across as a professional team that is expected to win not like a lower league team that has just knocked out a premiership team in the cup.
Oh! Boy! Are we signing Dougal???? :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:34 am
John F wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

One thing I will say: I would not want Martinez-Lite managing me in my old amateur team. He comes across as a football version of Father Trendy from the Father Ted show. His team talks are fucking awful. He could not motivate me to take a shit if I had Cholera. :roll:

Father Ted :D .It would explain some of the poor second-half performances we saw last season and the inability to recover from a losing position. Managers who go for speeches, Gimmicks, or give the hair dryer treatment just waste time and do not add anything useful. I prefer ones who change tactics and tell you what is going wrong and what can be done to try and fix it. The other thing that has bothered me about recent Arsenal Teams is the way they over-celebrate when we get a result in a tough game. We need to come across as a professional team that is expected to win not like a lower league team that has just knocked out a premiership team in the cup.
He already plays for us. Wears the number 34 jersey. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The other thing that became very apparent is Martinez-Lite is a bluffer and a bit of a bullshitter. His micro-analysis approach will impress most fooblers because let's be honest most fooblers are thick as shit. :lol:

Players were making comments like "his attention to detail is amazing" and "he sees all these little things that no one else sees" and whilst in any job attention to detail is important it should never be the be-all and end-all. It should never take complete precedence over the bigger picture.

I think Martinez-Lite fails because he gets bogged down in the tiniest details of systems and processes but then misses or poorly implements the basics and the bigger picture.

Football is not a very complex game and managers that over complicate it or get bogged down in micro details usually fail.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:06 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
John F wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Okay who looks the more intelligent Dougal or Dougal???

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:21 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
John F wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Top one looks like a dopey fucker.

Bottom one is a cùnt.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Well I've watched the first two episodes......and I like it. I'm not over-analysing it like Arteta would do, it's about my club, I'm seeing things I would never see, watching the Spurs episode gave me goosebumps, hearing the photographer give the best teamtalk so far gave me goosebumps. Sometimes I forget how much the Arsenal mean to me, the last 10 years have squeezed so much enthusiasm from me, so much belief has gone, I've had so much bad feeling towards the owners, Wenger, many players.......it is changing a little. Yes a. lot of this series is going to be contrived drivel but it will also make me smile, laugh and get partially engorged (not fully because we all know the ending)! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it, but not as much as seeing us win 1-3 tonight!! Come on you Gooners!!! :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Unlike most TV/ Netflix drama series I would actually love to see this coming season be an all or nothing documentary, just to see if the lessons from last season have been learnt on and off the pitch. The impact of the new signings in the dressing room and players taking on the responsibility of their new shirt numbers.

Plus, isn't Anfield 's away dressing room crap. That's why they rarely lose at home, facilities like a 1980's primary school reception area.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:46 pm
its boring but watched it anyway. anyone know who the female staff member is often in the dressing room?!?

That's what I like, a bloke with his priorities in proper order. Good man. :barscarf: :lol:

Btw, I haven't seen it...was she a looker?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:22 pm
Unlike most TV/ Netflix drama series I would actually love to see this coming season be an all or nothing documentary, just to see if the lessons from last season have been learnt on and off the pitch. The impact of the new signings in the dressing room and players taking on the responsibility of their new shirt numbers.

Plus, isn't Anfield 's away dressing room crap. That's why they rarely lose at home, facilities like a 1980's primary school reception area.
The whole place (Anfield) is a SHYTE HOLE!. Just like the Gobshyte fans.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:24 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:46 pm
its boring but watched it anyway. anyone know who the female staff member is often in the dressing room?!?

That's what I like, a bloke with his priorities in proper order. Good man. :barscarf: :lol:

Btw, I haven't seen it...was she a looker?
Yuppppp! :-P

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Ffs OBG thought u had a name!

Yes, not bad retro!

Will have to rewatch...

One thing i forgot to mention was re. Pepe and all the comments on here about him appearing to be thick as shit.

He obviously is as there's a bit in training room where manager asks them to remember something on the whiteboard about positions of others and says to them all don't worry its not a test/competition and then specifically references pepe and then they focus on pepe who has his head in his hands and they all laughing at him.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

For anyone who wants to watch this but doesn't want to pay for prime, I'm only watching it as i have a free prime trial for a month.

If you need something from amazon just sign up with a new email address (easy enough to set up a new gmail) and get a free prime trial a month...

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

That clip of them training with YNWA playing in the background and the fucking cocky novice idiot manager thinking he has just changed the psychology of the entire squad or cured cancer or something was one of the most cringe inducing embarrassing things I've ever seen. :oops: :oops:

shu

Post by shu »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:21 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
John F wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I thought u meant Dougal the dog 🤣