ALL OR NOTHING: Arsenal on Amazon Starts August Thursday 4th 2022

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: ALL OR NOTHING: Arsenal on Amazon Starts August Thursday 4th 2022

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:11 pm
gazzatt2 wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:01 pm
have people forgot how shit Auba had been since Jan 2020
so much he was dropped from North London Derby for being late top pre match talk whilst club captain
his form in the season up to |Jan 2021 was very poor how many goals did he score ?
now everyone thinks he would have gone on to score a hatful of goals
wrong he was sucking and causing problems inside the club to the point he was excluded form the first team

But I'm told by a few who watched this crap, that pep's cone boy was the ONLY ONE who wanted auba out of the club when edu, vini and coaches all wanted him brought back into the squad
A catalogue of incidents had been kept of Auba not adhering to the agreement he had signed up to, which is why Arsenal's legal representatives were consulted in case Auba tried to make out he was being treated unfairly. And in the end it was the manager's opinion/decision that he was not acting in the best interests of the club... I guess we will never know :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:59 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:52 am
Well if you want to be pedantic (cue playing mantis :mrgreen: ) It begins in Episode 4 and culminates (Ooooh! Missus! :oops: ) in Episode 5 - Hence the title "Exit".
Why you little cock pussy!

As someone late of this parish once said!
Gee thanks. Obviously touched nerve or two there :lol:

What's the difference between RB and LB ? It depends on which way one is facing. Think about it.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:26 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Well if you want to be pedantic (cue playing mantis :mrgreen: ) It begins in Episode 4 and culminates (Ooooh! Missus! :oops: ) in Episode 5 - Hence the title "Exit".

What's the difference between RB and LB ? It depends on which way one is facing. Think about it.
you got me now OBG?! did i comment on LB vs RB! :shock:

to be pedantic though barca didnt pay aubas full wage we subsidized it...thats been mentioned as on of the reasons they may flog him to chavs as they would have to pay his wage in full this season.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Can't believe Xhaka hung Saka out to dry.

Actually, I can totally believe it...what a xxxt

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Part six is astonishing. Simply astonishing. :shock:

What hold the walking lobotomy Clive has over the team I have no idea but the shit they put up with from this cùnt is gobsmacking.

The single player that slows down more attacks, loses possession the most, and dwells on the ball more than any player and the cùnt has the nerve to saunter into the dressing room at half time and bark "come on guys release the ball quicker". :roll:

He is that idiot we all played with that was the worst player on the team but had the biggest mouth. :roll: :lol:

I note also, true to his nature as a coward, he'll be yelling and complaining at the younger players in the dressing room before Martinez-Lite walks in and then he'll just sit there nodding and smiling while the manager speaks. :roll:

I'd have smashed his fucking face in tbh. :box: :censored:

This show, despite the huge amount of cringey incidents it shows, might serve one purpose. It might wake up the idiot element in our "support" that think Clive is anything but a cowardly useless braindead cùnt.

wibble

Post by wibble »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:01 pm
have people forgot how shit Auba had been since Jan 2020
so much he was dropped from North London Derby for being late top pre match talk whilst club captain
his form in the season up to |Jan 2021 was very poor how many goals did he score ?
now everyone thinks he would have gone on to score a hatful of goals
wrong he was sucking and causing problems inside the club to the point he was excluded form the first team
That’s Xhaka you’re thinking of mate :wink:
Otherwise Auba might we’ll still be here!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:05 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:26 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

you got me now OBG?! did i comment on LB vs RB! :shock:

to be pedantic though barca didnt pay aubas full wage we subsidized it...thats been mentioned as on of the reasons they may flog him to chavs as they would have to pay his wage in full this season.
Yup!

and

I didn't know that, by the way Edu was talking it sounded like they wanted Auba off the books / wage bill completely.

oh well there ya go we learn something every day. :?

SingaporeG88ner

Post by SingaporeG88ner »

I’m actually quite enjoying All or Nothing :shock: :oops: :lol:

I didn’t think I’d like it but the players, Arteta, coaches and management (Edu, Garlick) generally come across quite well.

Xhaka is the exception for me though as he totally comes across as someone who doesn’t quite grasp when he’s at fault and loves to deflect blame onto others. We already knew that though so I wasn’t surprised :x

The bit where the assistant coach had a 1 to 1 with Laca made me laugh. he was shown a video of Benzema scoring a goal and basically told to start playing like Benzema if he wants to score more goals :lol: … honestly, Laca is 30 (or 40? :roll: ) so he’s way passed learning but good try nonetheless :lol:

Looking forward to the next few episodes although obviously we all know it ends in disappointment :duh:

By the way, that Carlos Cuesta is impossibly handsome :oops: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SingaporeG88ner wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:46 pm
I’m actually quite enjoying All or Nothing :shock: :oops: :lol:

I didn’t think I’d like it but the players, Arteta, coaches and management (Edu, Garlick) generally come across quite well.

Xhaka is the exception for me though as he totally comes across as someone who doesn’t quite grasp when he’s at fault and loves to deflect blame onto others. We already knew that though so I wasn’t surprised :x

The bit where the assistant coach had a 1 to 1 with Laca made me laugh. he was shown a video of Benzema scoring a goal and basically told to start playing like Benzema if he wants to score more goals :lol: … honestly, Laca is 30 (or 40? :roll: ) so he’s way passed learning but good try nonetheless :lol:

Looking forward to the next few episodes although obviously we all know it ends in disappointment :duh:

By the way, that Carlos Cuesta is impossibly handsome :oops: :lol:

:gayflag:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Fucccckkk! The last two episodes 7 and 8 are a Hard & Difficult watch; especially knowing what's coming.

For me I can only hope that with the new signings coming in and much of the deadwood going out we will be better placed to challenge for the Top 4, though of course both the Chavs and the Scum have also added to their squad and their managers have far more experience than ours at winning things.

I am assuming the top 2 teams will be $hitty and ScouseFilth, so the fight for 3rd and 4th will be between Us the Chavs & the Scum.

Winning the opening 2 games of this season has given us a far better start than the last; mind you it couldn't have been any worse than last year I guess, also the opening 5 games this season are kinder (?) than last year.

I would like The All Or Nothing Documentary to be re-visited and one more episode added to it at the end of this season if we fare any better: Fingers Crossed.

#COYG. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Got a free month of Prime when ordering something, and decided to bite the bullet and give it a watch, and now on episode 4.

Quietly impressed with Artetas drive and values when talking about Arsenal. Feel there's a solid and potentially successful manager underneath there somewhere, whether it will be with us or not is another matter.

My opinion may change the more episodes I get through though 😂

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I wasn't looking forward to watching all or nothing. Especially the last few episodes with the Spud/Newcastle defeats.

But the way we have started this season, has taken the pain away slightly from watching a rerun of those two weeks again.

Personally after being on the fence about Arteta sometimes thinking yeah he's doing ok, to thinking let's get PV4 in he's totally won me over. Our dressing room when he joined was poisonous and he's now flushed all that toxicity out of the club. Even at the back end of last season, you could see Laca wasn't engaged with his coaching session.

Looking across social media it seems as though Arteta has won over large swathes of the fan base, he gets Arsenal and understands the values that our history was built on. If you don't follow his lead, you are out it doesn't matter who you are. And that's how it should be.

The team is in the best position in years to be competitive, the problem is we now have more other strong teams than ever in the PL. I thought we would be a laughing stock after this series. Seems like we came out of it quite well.

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:21 am
I wasn't looking forward to watching all or nothing. Especially the last few episodes with the Spud/Newcastle defeats.

But the way we have started this season, has taken the pain away slightly from watching a rerun of those two weeks again.

Personally after being on the fence about Arteta sometimes thinking yeah he's doing ok, to thinking let's get PV4 in he's totally won me over. Our dressing room when he joined was poisonous and he's now flushed all that toxicity out of the club. Even at the back end of last season, you could see Laca wasn't engaged with his coaching session.

Looking across social media it seems as though Arteta has won over large swathes of the fan base, he gets Arsenal and understands the values that our history was built on. If you don't follow his lead, you are out it doesn't matter who you are. And that's how it should be.

The team is in the best position in years to be competitive, the problem is we now have more other strong teams than ever in the PL. I thought we would be a laughing stock after this series. Seems like we came out of it quite well.

With the greatest of respect pal, that is a crock of shit - I frequently hear comments along those lines (not just regarding arteta) where they talk about understanding AFC's traditions and stuff like that, but what they are talking about is AFC's traditions under wenger ONLY. Lets be real clear about one thing, AFC's history is not built on silky football, but so many "fans" nowadays talk as though anything other than total football is an insult to our history and traditions. AFC was built on "nobody likes us and we dont care" mentality - incidents like guendouzi at brighton were rampant in our history and we as a club and fanbase thrived on it, but nowadays we are embarrassed by it. I get (but dont like) that football has changed and moved on, and maybe I do need to change my mentality to adapt to a more pr conscious time, but this club is 136 years old and "our traditions" go back a lot further than wenger and sky tv

Btw I would argue that there is NOT more strong teams than ever before - our 98 team and invinceable teams would piss this league but we didnt get 100 pints back then, but that is the aim now for teams hoping to win the league. The weaker teams nowadays are so much weaker than the weaker teams in previous era's and it is a given that the best teams will beat them 99% of the time - what has happened though is that while the gap between the top 2 and the rest is stretching, the gap amongst the others sides is shrinking so teams in that bracket like us are finding it harder

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:43 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:21 am

With the greatest of respect pal, that is a crock of shit - I frequently hear comments along those lines (not just regarding arteta) where they talk about understanding AFC's traditions and stuff like that, but what they are talking about is AFC's traditions under wenger ONLY. Lets be real clear about one thing, AFC's history is not built on silky football, but so many "fans" nowadays talk as though anything other than total football is an insult to our history and traditions. AFC was built on "nobody likes us and we dont care" mentality - incidents like guendouzi at brighton were rampant in our history and we as a club and fanbase thrived on it, but nowadays we are embarrassed by it. I get (but dont like) that football has changed and moved on, and maybe I do need to change my mentality to adapt to a more pr conscious time, but this club is 136 years old and "our traditions" go back a lot further than wenger and sky tv

Btw I would argue that there is NOT more strong teams than ever before - our 98 team and invinceable teams would piss this league but we didnt get 100 pints back then, but that is the aim now for teams hoping to win the league. The weaker teams nowadays are so much weaker than the weaker teams in previous era's and it is a given that the best teams will beat them 99% of the time - what has happened though is that while the gap between the top 2 and the rest is stretching, the gap amongst the others sides is shrinking so teams in that bracket like us are finding it harder
Augie, I can't even read your posts anymore let alone reply to them, if you are that unhappy with Arsenal maybe it's about time you looked at another sport/team? It has after all been a shower of shit for many years, no?