ALL OR NOTHING: Arsenal on Amazon Starts August Thursday 4th 2022

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: ALL OR NOTHING: Arsenal on Amazon Starts August Thursday 4th 2022

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:50 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:11 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:37 am
This is going to be a cringe-fest. Apparently there is a toe curling clip where Martinez-Lite wheels out some speakers onto the training pitch and blasts out "you'll never walk alone" at full volume during training in some pathetic hipster snowflake attempt to "prepare" our little flowers for the "cauldron" of anfield. Fucking anfield. One of the quietest stadiums there is 99% of the time ffs. :oops: :roll:

It was in the build up to the game where Mane elbowed Tommy and Martinez-Lite and Stupid Teeth shaped up to each other. :roll:

So Martinez-Lite wants to be seen as quirky and "innovative" as a manager. That my friends is the arrogance of a novice.

I have an awful feeling this Amazon thing is going to make our club look like a pile of minges. :|
That's because the manager, the players and the club ARE a pile of minges - they proved that beyond all reasonable doubt last season. Bigger bottlers than under Wenger, Emery or any other manager I know. Imagine losing every away game where you conceded first and not scoring a single goal in any of them - I'd love to know how many teams have ever had such a bottle job record in PL history? I doubt any

I've been trying to escape everything Arsenal until Friday night, and by and large done a good job of it, but just saw the clip you're referring to on Twitter. My god, what an uber c.unt the bloke is. Playing that shit through speakers on a wide open field - we lost 4-0 anyway and were as limpdicked as ever. Can't believe I've got another 9 months ahead of listening to this hand shandy every week. Like Augster I can't stand listening to the prick, so this self indulgent shit on Amazon will be like torture!

I doubt if I am the only one thinking that this is the cone boy playing up to the camera's :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19402530 ... tottenham/
Maybe that photographer should be given the manager's job.....

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

I think it's fair to say that those who hate Arteta and are generally disgruntled with the state of affairs at the club will hate the series. At the same time the 'new generation' of fans will probably lap it up and buy into the emotions on display. I will watch it as I have a subscription and don't have to pay extra. While I am interested in how they will show the Auba controversy and the end of season collapse, I am pretty sure that it will be watered down and some sort of light at the end of the tunnel spin will be put on it.

Both the pre Anfield and NLD footages are cheesy and but it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, a lot of managers do stuff that can be seen as frivolous.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunnerz4life wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:04 am
I think it's fair to say that those who hate Arteta and are generally disgruntled with the state of affairs at the club will hate the series. At the same time the 'new generation' of fans will probably lap it up and buy into the emotions on display. I will watch it as I have a subscription and don't have to pay extra. While I am interested in how they will show the Auba controversy and the end of season collapse, I am pretty sure that it will be watered down and some sort of light at the end of the tunnel spin will be put on it.

Both the pre Anfield and NLD footages are cheesy and but it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, a lot of managers do stuff that can be seen as frivolous.
It's this desperate attempt to grab the money off the "new generation of fans" that has all but ruined modern football because most of that new generation of fans are snowflake arseholes.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

The club I’ve loved over the last 40 odd years have done some truly toe curling things,and whether it’s Arteta playing up for the cameras or not, I have a feeling this will be by far the most embarrassing,

Is money really a bigger pull for Arsenal than retaining what little class they have left

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:12 pm
Gunnerz4life wrote:

It's this desperate attempt to grab the money off the "new generation of fans" that has all but ruined modern football because most of that new generation of fans are snowflake arseholes.
Exactly who dont want you standing up or shouting....or heaven forbid...swearing.....as it might upset them looking at facebook or whatever else shit they look at

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:41 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Gunnerz4life wrote:

Exactly who dont want you standing up or shouting....or heaven forbid...swearing.....as it might upset them looking at facebook or whatever else shit they look at
Yep. Complete fuckwits. They want a matchday experience of sitting comfortably and silently in a cookiecutter modern stadium with their ipad, free WiFi, a nice Latte in hand, watching personality-free wannabe celebidee fooblers feigning injury.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:09 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:41 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Gunnerz4life wrote:

Yep. Complete fuckwits. They want a matchday experience of sitting comfortably and silently in a cookiecutter modern stadium with their ipad, free WiFi, a nice Latte in hand, watching personality-free wannabe celebidee fooblers feigning injury.
Shouldn’t Stuart McFarlane be receiving a stadium ban ? Given all his profanities ?
That’s not the sort of thing we want to encourage is it, passion, emotions, effing and Jeffing in earshot of our snowflakes ❄️

Now I’ve actually met him and he is a nice guy, however,
If a fan was to do the same on tv camera, on match day, no doubt there would be outrage and swiftly ejected by the stewards.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Gunnerz4life wrote:

:shock: Very, very harsh......

....but very, very fair. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:25 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Gunnerz4life wrote:

:shock: Very, very harsh......

....but very, very fair. :lol:
:lol:

But yeah probably a bit harsh. I mean every generation has its arseholes. In my generation it was augie. :lol: :wink:

I just think this generation has more arseholes that play at being football fans. :x

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

That marginal gains, extra 1% stuff has been going on in every sporting organisation
in the country for the last 20+ years and for even longer than that in US sports where it first originated. Getting a glimpse behind the scenes at clubs is just something we were never allowed access to until Amazon’s wad of cash came along so most people haven’t a clue what goes on day to day.

I only played football at a modest level and even we had a coach who was big into it. He’d make up motivational messages/images/videos and send them in to the group chat during the week or you might get something specific to a fixture the morning of a game.

At times depending on results/personal form you’d get stuff specifically tailored to yourself sent on. Other stuff like writing messages on the back of your wrist in black marker before going out on the pitch - alone you are weak together we are strong - that kind of thing.

Now that kind of stuff is complete fucking marmite amongst a squad of 20 lads of varying ages. I actually liked it for the most part and found that some of it definitely helped but there were others on the team who thought it was stupid shit and a waste of everyone’s time.

It’s not going to work on everyone but if you can get that extra few % out of 2 or 3 players in a team because of it then you just might turn a loss into a draw or a draw into a win. Marginal gains which all add up over the course of a season.

We used to train Tuesday and Thursday with a game at the weekend and even though we had a great bond as a group and I’ve life long friends from it, spending 3 days out of 7 for 9 months of the year with the same people, listening to the same voices over and over can get fucking tedious at times especially when things aren’t going well. Fuck knows what it’s like at elite level when they’re together every day of the week.

So I would enjoy it when something left field would happen at a training session, some of it was definitely bat shit but a lot of it was very enjoyable and gave a different perspective on things. It’s not for everybody that’s for sure :lol:

beck

Post by beck »

SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
This is going to be a cringe-fest. Apparently there is a toe curling clip where Martinez-Lite wheels out some speakers onto the training pitch and blasts out "you'll never walk alone" at full volume during training in some pathetic hipster snowflake attempt to "prepare" our little flowers for the "cauldron" of anfield. Fucking anfield. One of the quietest stadiums there is 99% of the time ffs. :oops: :roll:

It was in the build up to the game where Mane elbowed Tommy and Martinez-Lite and Stupid Teeth shaped up to each other. :roll:

So Martinez-Lite wants to be seen as quirky and "innovative" as a manager. That my friends is the arrogance of a novice.

I have an awful feeling this Amazon thing is going to make our club look like a pile of minges. :|
That's because the manager, the players and the club ARE a pile of minges - they proved that beyond all reasonable doubt last season. Bigger bottlers than under Wenger, Emery or any other manager I know. Imagine losing every away game where you conceded first and not scoring a single goal in any of them - I'd love to know how many teams have ever had such a bottle job record in PL history? I doubt any

I've been trying to escape everything Arsenal until Friday night, and by and large done a good job of it, but just saw the clip you're referring to on Twitter. My god, what an uber c.unt the bloke is. Playing that shit through speakers on a wide open field - we lost 4-0 anyway and were as limpdicked as ever. Can't believe I've got another 9 months ahead of listening to this hand shandy every week. Like Augster I can't stand listening to the prick, so this self indulgent shit on Amazon will be like torture!
Not had to look far to find a team that lost every away game after conceding first and didn’t score a goal themselves after
It happened to wolves last year
Man Utd may have scored consolations( one of them was against us) but they lost 7 matches last season after conceding first away from home as did we

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Yep, that’s just reaffirmed my position to not bother with it.

I really wish we didn’t do it, to be honest,

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

From the clips I've seen it looks like a pile of cringeworthy shite :oops: Holy fuck that Anfield noise shite through the speakers..just horrendous :| Talking about going up hills on a bike in Spain and how he shat himself at Anfield when he played there :rubchin: I wish he would fuck off on his bike to Spain and take that anushole Xhaka with him..I don't think I'll bother watching it tbh..I'll probably get a running commentary about it from the non gooner *word censored* in my work taking the piss.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:25 am
From the clips I've seen it looks like a pile of cringeworthy shite :oops: Holy fuck that Anfield noise shite through the speakers..just horrendous :| Talking about going up hills on a bike in Spain and how he shat himself at Anfield when he played there :rubchin: I wish he would fuck off on his bike to Spain and take that anushole Xhaka with him..I don't think I'll bother watching it tbh..I'll probably get a running commentary about it from the non gooner *word censored* in my work taking the piss.
Thought it was funny when the guy he asked half heartedly says...yeah ...pause.....think its a good idea :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

beck wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:22 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Not had to look far to find a team that lost every away game after conceding first and didn’t score a goal themselves after
It happened to wolves last year
Man Utd may have scored consolations( one of them was against us) but they lost 7 matches last season after conceding first away from home as did we
Yes, and please remind me what's happened to both of those clubs in terms of managerial change. Man Utd suffered their worst ever points total in the PL and are now on their 3rd manager in a year! Wolves burnt through Nuno and had a new manager bounce but I suspect this fella won't see beyond mid-season if they don't improve