ALL OR NOTHING: Arsenal on Amazon Starts August Thursday 4th 2022

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ernie71

Re: ALL OR NOTHING: Arsenal on Amazon Starts August Thursday 4th 2022

Post by Ernie71 »

The only thing fans want to see is the bottle job in the last 10 games

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:53 pm
That marginal gains, extra 1% stuff has been going on in every sporting organisation
in the country for the last 20+ years and for even longer than that in US sports where it first originated. Getting a glimpse behind the scenes at clubs is just something we were never allowed access to until Amazon’s wad of cash came along so most people haven’t a clue what goes on day to day.

I only played football at a modest level and even we had a coach who was big into it. He’d make up motivational messages/images/videos and send them in to the group chat during the week or you might get something specific to a fixture the morning of a game.

At times depending on results/personal form you’d get stuff specifically tailored to yourself sent on. Other stuff like writing messages on the back of your wrist in black marker before going out on the pitch - alone you are weak together we are strong - that kind of thing.

Now that kind of stuff is complete fucking marmite amongst a squad of 20 lads of varying ages. I actually liked it for the most part and found that some of it definitely helped but there were others on the team who thought it was stupid shit and a waste of everyone’s time.

It’s not going to work on everyone but if you can get that extra few % out of 2 or 3 players in a team because of it then you just might turn a loss into a draw or a draw into a win. Marginal gains which all add up over the course of a season.

We used to train Tuesday and Thursday with a game at the weekend and even though we had a great bond as a group and I’ve life long friends from it, spending 3 days out of 7 for 9 months of the year with the same people, listening to the same voices over and over can get fucking tedious at times especially when things aren’t going well. Fuck knows what it’s like at elite level when they’re together every day of the week.

So I would enjoy it when something left field would happen at a training session, some of it was definitely bat shit but a lot of it was very enjoyable and gave a different perspective on things. It’s not for everybody that’s for sure :lol:
So you played for Minge FC huh?

Interesting. :rubchin:

:D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

That must have been a Hairy experience! :D

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

No doubt those predicting the programme an embarrassment to the club will still watch it, and confirm the embarrassment they thought. A bit like all the doom and gloom predictions at the beginning of last season. There's an awful trend of judging things negatively before they happen with Arsenal supporters. The club will struggle to progress with so much negative energy coming from supporters. Lighten up, embrace and enjoy this coming season.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

All the hullabaloo about football nowadays is really wearing me down. All I have ever wanted is to turn up watch the game and go home . It's getting too much.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:32 pm
No doubt those predicting the programme an embarrassment to the club will still watch it, and confirm the embarrassment they thought. A bit like all the doom and gloom predictions at the beginning of last season. There's an awful trend of judging things negatively before they happen with Arsenal supporters. The club will struggle to progress with so much negative energy coming from supporters. Lighten up, embrace and enjoy this coming season.
Looking forward to it.....but at the end of the day its about results...no one will embrace it if we loose first 7 out of 8 games

There are positives...like the look of Jesus....he reminds me of Ian Wright....and have yet to see Saliba in action

Still think we wont make top 4, although after spending £380 million it may/should be close

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Watched the first 2 episodes and nothing to report really, however something caught my attention towards the beginning of Ep 2.

There was a very brief conversation between ESR and CliveElCunto, they were just preparing to go out and start the days training and Clive was saying Wow! Number 10 (ESR had just been given that shirt no) and a future Arsenal Captain and ESR being the younger but far wiser of the two said it's not about the future it's about Now!.... and Clive says something like My suspension is ended (he has just served a 3 game ban for one of his dullard-thick-as shit two footed tackles on a Man City player (3rd game of the season) which we lost 4 or 5 nil if I remember ) and you can see this look on ESR's face and he just says, 'Yeah and straight back into the team' - so whilst arteta may think Clive's shyte smells of roses I don't think the all of the squad / youngsters feel the same way...

Could be mis-interpreting ... but :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:32 pm
Didn't Wenger try on that same horseshit mate? :roll:

That's the cart before the horse right there. These pampered entitled millionaires are there to impress us, not the other way around. They are in a position of immense privilege and they should be made fucking earn it.

There's a big difference between being a supporter and being a sheep. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Anyway it was equal parts embarrassing and interesting.

One thing I will say: I would not want Martinez-Lite managing me in my old amateur team. He comes across as a football version of Father Trendy from the Father Ted show. His team talks are fucking awful. He could not motivate me to take a shit if I had Cholera. :roll:

I'll be amazed now if we get 5th or 6th tbh, never mind top 4. :|

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

its boring but watched it anyway. anyone know who the female staff member is often in the dressing room?!?

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:00 am
falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:25 am
From the clips I've seen it looks like a pile of cringeworthy shite :oops: Holy fuck that Anfield noise shite through the speakers..just horrendous :| Talking about going up hills on a bike in Spain and how he shat himself at Anfield when he played there :rubchin: I wish he would fuck off on his bike to Spain and take that anushole Xhaka with him..I don't think I'll bother watching it tbh..I'll probably get a running commentary about it from the non gooner *word censored* in my work taking the piss.
Thought it was funny when the guy he asked half heartedly says...yeah ...pause.....think its a good idea :D
Aye that was funny :lol: :lol: :barscarf: Guy probably thinking to himself "fuck me this cnuts went cuckoo surely" :oops: :lol:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Watched the 3 episodes. With Arteta I like the way he does try different things in training. A bit different, a bit innovative. There is nothing wrong with that at all. I've seen many young managers, myself included do things outside the box to try and find a strategy to make a team successful. Somethings work, sometimes they don't but there's no harm in trying. However, the most telling conversation was between Edu and one of the coaches about Arteta engaging with the players more directly and personally. Of course, this is the best way to manage footballers. The main thing with Arteta is that, even during the first 3 episodes, he adapts and changes his style, learning all the time, which is a very good sign. The talk he gives before Anfield was interesting because as it turned out the only one to lose his cool was Arteta himself.
It's noticeable how quiet Auba was in the dressing room, a nice guy, but hardly inspirational. Something that couldn't be said about his predecessors.

John F

Post by John F »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:39 pm

One thing I will say: I would not want Martinez-Lite managing me in my old amateur team. He comes across as a football version of Father Trendy from the Father Ted show. His team talks are fucking awful. He could not motivate me to take a shit if I had Cholera. :roll:

Father Ted :D .It would explain some of the poor second-half performances we saw last season and the inability to recover from a losing position. Managers who go for speeches, Gimmicks, or give the hair dryer treatment just waste time and do not add anything useful. I prefer ones who change tactics and tell you what is going wrong and what can be done to try and fix it. The other thing that has bothered me about recent Arsenal Teams is the way they over-celebrate when we get a result in a tough game. We need to come across as a professional team that is expected to win not like a lower league team that has just knocked out a premiership team in the cup.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

John F wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:54 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:39 pm

Father Ted :D .It would explain some of the poor second-half performances we saw last season and the inability to recover from a losing position. Managers who go for speeches, Gimmicks, or give the hair dryer treatment just waste time and do not add anything useful. I prefer ones who change tactics and tell you what is going wrong and what can be done to try and fix it. The other thing that has bothered me about recent Arsenal Teams is the way they over-celebrate when we get a result in a tough game. We need to come across as a professional team that is expected to win not like a lower league team that has just knocked out a premiership team in the cup.
This this this ^^^ 8) 8) 8)

Some of our over celebrating of basic wins has been beyond cringe inducing. This says to me the players have an inferiority complex. And no player playing for The Arsenal should ever have that. :cussing:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:46 pm
its boring but watched it anyway. anyone know who the female staff member is often in the dressing room?!?
I think her official job title is

Fluffer.

:D