Palace Pantpirates and their bunch of Vulva ultras A Fri 5th Aug KO 8PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Palace Pantpirates and their bunch of Vulva ultras A Fri 5th Aug KO 8PM

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Palace only lost 4 home games last season and even then the score in those games was 0-1.

It’s a very difficult place to go, superb 3 points.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:03 am
Palace only lost 4 home games last season and even then the score in those games was 0-1.

It’s a very difficult place to go, superb 3 points.
A lot of top teams will drop points there

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Turned on ESPN FC this morning to see what they thought of the game and apparently we aren't top 4 material because we didn't convincingly beat a Palace team that will be mid table by the end of the season. These people actually get paid to analyse football :banghead:

NickF98

Post by NickF98 »

BFG4 wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:31 am
Turned on ESPN FC this morning to see what they thought of the game and apparently we aren't top 4 material because we didn't convincingly beat a Palace team that will be mid table by the end of the season. These people actually get paid to analyse football :banghead:
So which part do you disagree with?

I don't think we will make the top 4 and Palace probably will finish mid table.

Just looking at the result though, we lost badly there last season so it is good to get a win this time.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

One of the small tactical things I picked up on was we seemed to be much quicker in taking throw ins.

Last season one of my (several) bug beats was how shit our throw in were and how often we gave away cheap possession by having no outlet or movement and just threw it down the line - like you do when you were 10.

The corner guy seems to have worked on producing some different ones that are effective, I really want to see some inventive throw ins now.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

NickF98 wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:40 am
BFG4 wrote:

Just looking at the result though, we lost badly there last season so it is good to get a win this time.
I can find a million things we did wrong last night but to take the first game of the season at a tough place to go and because we didn't destroy them that means we aren't good enough for top 4, that is such lazy nonsense.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
    Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:04 am
    One of the small tactical things I picked up on was we seemed to be much quicker in taking throw ins.

Last season one of my (several) bug beats was how shit our throw in were and how often we gave away cheap possession by having no outlet or movement and just threw it down the line - like you do when you were 10.

The corner guy seems to have worked on producing some different ones that are effective, I really want to see some inventive throw ins now.
    Yeah! I noticed that too. Also (hopefully) no more Foul Throws I counted 6 last season and for any prem team that's ridiculous.

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

BFG4 wrote:
    Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:11 am
    NickF98 wrote:
    BFG4 wrote:

I can find a million things we did wrong last night but to take the first game of the season at a tough place to go and because we didn't destroy them that means we aren't good enough for top 4, that is such lazy nonsense.
    They are clearly pissed off we didn’t lose :censored:

You hear so often, sign of a good team winning ugly, or when you havent played well etc.
    Well we did play well first half, pissed all over them, then defended well second half and our 3 new players are all contributing straight away to improving the team.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

NickF98 wrote:
    BFG4 wrote:

We are definitely in with a shout of 4th place

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BFG4 wrote:
    NickF98 wrote:
    BFG4 wrote:

Palace on their day at home will give anyone a game....Top 4 definetly the achievable target

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Redarmy wrote:
    Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:12 pm
    BFG4 wrote:
    NickF98 wrote:
    BFG4 wrote:

Palace on their day at home will give anyone a game....Top 4 definetly the achievable target
    Palace drew at home to City last year 0-0 and beat them at the Etihad so certainly no mugs.

Over the season of course they will be mid table- that covers everything from 16 - 8th, no way will they be higher as too many clubs have cash to spend but they won’t get dragged into relegation fight either.
    Happy we won :barscarf:

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Top 4 very achieveable.
    Could have been 3/4 last year but for our collapse and we'll be better this year.
    Spurs will be main rivals for top 4

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

StuartL wrote:
    Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:22 pm
    Redarmy wrote:
    Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:12 pm
    BFG4 wrote:
    NickF98 wrote:
    BFG4 wrote:

Palace drew at home to City last year 0-0 and beat them at the Etihad so certainly no mugs.

Over the season of course they will be mid table- that covers everything from 16 - 8th, no way will they be higher as too many clubs have cash to spend but they won’t get dragged into relegation fight either.
    Happy we won :barscarf:
    Coud not give 2 fucks where palace end up...The Arsenal have a chance of top 4.....

SingaporeG88ner

Post by SingaporeG88ner »

augie wrote:
    Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:43 pm
    for those of you drunk/braindead retarded enough to suggest that a fit Tierney might struggle to get his place ahead of zinchenko.... :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:
    Drunk/retarded to suggest Zinchenko might get plenty of minutes ahead of Tierney? Weird. Seems quite possible based on Arteta’s comments.

Anyway, glass houses mate.

You admitted you were so upset we signed Jesus that you almost cried! :oops: :lol:

Still can’t believe you said that you big girls blouse :lol: :wink: were you drunk or are you retarded? :wink: