Palace Pantpirates and their bunch of Vulva ultras A Fri 5th Aug KO 8PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Palace Pantpirates and their bunch of Vulva ultras A Fri 5th Aug KO 8PM

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:19 am
    StuartL wrote:
    Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:04 am
    One of the small tactical things I picked up on was we seemed to be much quicker in taking throw ins.

Last season one of my (several) bug beats was how shit our throw in were and how often we gave away cheap possession by having no outlet or movement and just threw it down the line - like you do when you were 10.

The corner guy seems to have worked on producing some different ones that are effective, I really want to see some inventive throw ins now.
    Yeah! I noticed that too. Also (hopefully) no more Foul Throws I counted 6 last season and for any prem team that's ridiculous.
    You have to wonder why it was not picked up and resolved last season

augie

Post by augie »

SingaporeG88ner wrote:
    Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:38 pm
    augie wrote:
    Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:43 pm
    for those of you drunk/braindead retarded enough to suggest that a fit Tierney might struggle to get his place ahead of zinchenko.... :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:
    Drunk/retarded to suggest Zinchenko might get plenty of minutes ahead of Tierney? Weird. Seems quite possible based on Arteta’s comments.

Anyway, glass houses mate.

You admitted you were so upset we signed Jesus that you almost cried! :oops: :lol:

Still can’t believe you said that you big girls blouse :lol: :wink: were you drunk or are you retarded? :wink:

Jesus looked really sharp in pre-season, and in the first 15-20 minutes last night he looked like he was going to tear them a new arsehole, but the subsequent 70 minutes showed up exactly why I am not happy that he is our first choice number 9 - there were comments made on here about how he went out of the game because of the lack of supply and they are perfectly valid comments imo, but that to me highlights the need for a number 9 who can do a job for the team when we are under pressure, because he is not playing in a team that is going to dominate every match and he is too easily squeezed out of a game then.

A fully fit Tierney pisses all over zinchenko - a fully fit Tierney pisses all over most left backs in the league imo, but of course the problem is that he is injured too often. The fact that pep's cone boy loves zenchenko doesnt make him better than tierney, but it does worry me that the basque c.unt will pick him ahead of tierney when tierney is fit.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
    Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:03 am
    Palace only lost 4 home games last season and even then the score in those games was 0-1.

It’s a very difficult place to go, superb 3 points.

It was a big 3pts because it is a tough place to go, BUT lets be honest here and admit that last nights palace team is not a patch on the team they had last season - gallagher from the chavs is a massive loss for them imo, and without some quality signings in this window they will struggle imo

herbert

Post by herbert »

Great PL debuts from the 3 new boys, Saliba looks like a Rolls Royce of a defender and Zinchenko was solid and Jesus really looks like he could get or create the goals to win football matches for the Arsenal👍

Coming on here and reading some of the posts it is like a totally different Arsenal universe to the one in the away end at Selhurst

Arteta,Edu and the crankys are building something very positive at the Arsenal so I say don't let your personal opinions of past seasons get in the way and jump on the Arsenal happy bus 🥳

It is never to late to repent and bury all those armchair manager posts and support your team🤣

Zinchenko always believe in your soul. 🎷🎹🎸🪕🎻🪘🥁🪗

beck

Post by beck »

augie wrote:
    In second half ayew was raping zinchenko. Let that thought sink in for a minute. Ayew is absolutely fcuking dogshite on his best days, and he was pissing by zinchenko like he wasnt there :oops: :oops:

I called it early in the game about how shit odeargod was, but our central midfield as a whole was poor all night - it is very hard to cover the huge level of ineptitude that is xhaka, but partey in second half should have just parked himself in front of our centre backs, but yet they were getting so much space in there :roll:

First game of season so the 3pts is the priority for sure, but much improvement will be needed in the coming games, and for those of you drunk/braindead retarded enough to suggest that a fit Tierney might struggle to get his place ahead of zinchenko.... :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:
    181 minutes and ayew has not scored or assisted v zinchenko

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

herbert wrote:
    Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:07 am
    Great PL debuts from the 3 new boys, Saliba looks like a Rolls Royce of a defender and Zinchenko was solid and Jesus really looks like he could get or create the goals to win football matches for the Arsenal👍

Coming on here and reading some of the posts it is like a totally different Arsenal universe to the one in the away end at Selhurst

Arteta,Edu and the crankys are building something very positive at the Arsenal so I say don't let your personal opinions of past seasons get in the way and jump on the Arsenal happy bus 🥳

It is never to late to repent and bury all those armchair manager posts and support your team🤣

Definitely encouraging signs, the new players look great and the optimism around the club is great.
    I just think we have a huge opportunity to get off to a great start to the season the way the fixtures have fallen.

I would be disappointed if we are not in the top 2 going into the September international break.
    That would set us up for a crack at the top 4 this season

herbert

Post by herbert »

Gunner Rob wrote:
    Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:54 pm
    herbert wrote:
    Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:07 am

Definitely encouraging signs, the new players look great and the optimism around the club is great.
    I just think we have a huge opportunity to get off to a great start to the season the way the fixtures have fallen.

I would be disappointed if we are not in the top 2 going into the September international break.
    That would set us up for a crack at the top 4 this season
    Other teams will have good starts Rob so within striking distance before the break would be ok

A big test will come after the break when we play Totnum Liverpool, Leeds away then City

It will be interesting to see how many points we get from them games

beck

Post by beck »

NickF98 wrote:
    Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:40 am
    BFG4 wrote:
    Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:31 am
    Turned on ESPN FC this morning to see what they thought of the game and apparently we aren't top 4 material because we didn't convincingly beat a Palace team that will be mid table by the end of the season. These people actually get paid to analyse football :banghead:
    So which part do you disagree with?

I don't think we will make the top 4 and Palace probably will finish mid table.

Just looking at the result though, we lost badly there last season so it is good to get a win this time.
    Maybe the not top for material thing
    Considering nobody beat them by more than 2 goals last season including all who finished in top four
    And since time they did 16 months ago they didn’t lose by more than 2 to champions Man City in the season before either

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

beck wrote:
    Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:50 am
    augie wrote:
    In second half ayew was raping zinchenko. Let that thought sink in for a minute. Ayew is absolutely fcuking dogshite on his best days, and he was pissing by zinchenko like he wasnt there :oops: :oops:

I called it early in the game about how shit odeargod was, but our central midfield as a whole was poor all night - it is very hard to cover the huge level of ineptitude that is xhaka, but partey in second half should have just parked himself in front of our centre backs, but yet they were getting so much space in there :roll:

First game of season so the 3pts is the priority for sure, but much improvement will be needed in the coming games, and for those of you drunk/braindead retarded enough to suggest that a fit Tierney might struggle to get his place ahead of zinchenko.... :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:
    181 minutes and ayew has not scored or assisted v zinchenko
    Tierney made us look a much better team in the 10 minutes he was on the pitch. Still think Zinchenko will be moved into the midfield to ultimately replace Xhaka as he will play the passes for the front 3, that Xhaka just doesn't see. Maybe, move White into DM role because he'll do a Petit and just sit in front of the CB's.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

After watching how Saliba, White ,Zinchenko and `Tierney performed when they were on the pitch, it seems pretty obvious that:

Tomiyasu at RB. Saliba at RCB, Gabriel at LCB with Tierney at LB

With White as the RMF, then Partey CMF and Zinchenko at LMF (So Fuck-Off Clive you cun.t)

Would be our best Back Line & Midfield Line-up.

Jesus was on fire, not only creating chances but tackling back to get the ball and then actually creating chances,. Have to admit I thought Jesus would be too light weight to lead the attack but if the Palace game is anything to go by he is stronger & tougher than he looks, also his close control is pretty damn good.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Well, that was a much nicer start to the season than last year

For 30 minutes I thought we were outstanding and didn't give the windowlicking ultras anything to get excited about. If there was a criticism it would only be in not being clinical enough - game should have been put to bed inside that opening half an hour.

As for Saliba - the Arteta fanboys are all over social claiming its the genius decisions of the past 2 years to loan him out that led to this performance, whilst most of us of sane mind know that if he'd started last season instead of Mari (3 defeats from 3) or finished at Spurs and Newcastle instead of the tattooed pansy or Holding, we'd probably be in the CL now. Leagues ahead of any centre half we have - and yes that includes Gabriel too. Hope El Brittas realises how much his stupid "oooh but I didn't sign him" stance looks now.....especially if the fella winds down his contract

Anyway, a brilliant 30 minutes followed by a decently, solid 60 minutes......made all the better by watching Man U under their new messiah yesterday :D :D :D

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
    Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:57 am

For 30 minutes I thought we were outstanding and didn't give the windowlicking ultras anything to get excited about. If there was a criticism it would only be in not being clinical enough - game should have been put to bed inside that opening half an hour.

As for Saliba - the Arteta fanboys are all over social claiming its the genius decisions of the past 2 years to loan him out that led to this performance, whilst most of us of sane mind know that if he'd started last season instead of Mari (3 defeats from 3) or finished at Spurs and Newcastle instead of the tattooed pansy or Holding, we'd probably be in the CL now. Leagues ahead of any centre half we have - and yes that includes Gabriel too. Hope El Brittas realises how much his stupid "oooh but I didn't sign him" stance looks now.....especially if the fella winds down his contract

Anyway, a brilliant 30 minutes followed by a decently, solid 60 minutes......made all the better by watching Man U under their new messiah yesterday :D :D :D
    Got to push on now Steve. We have a series of winnable games, Friday will count for nothing unless we bank the points we should right up until the first three weeks of October, which will be the real test. Spuds, Pool and City at home with a EL game sandwiched in.

Saliba is the best CB we have had since Sol Campbell, and I have been accused of hyping him up by saying this. But my response is I can only say what I see, I was lucky enough in my younger years to watch some of the best defenders in the history of our club. And this lad is as good as the lot of them. The only thing that can let him down is his temperament, but his interview after the match on Friday was very impressive and suggests his feet are on the ground.

For the first time in years, proper looking forward to my first game of the season on Saturday.

beck

Post by beck »

SteveO 35 wrote:

Mari has never had 3 defeats in a row for us
    He was on the bench at man city

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:

Wasting your time on that buddy - the level of stupidity on here is reaching new levels with the praising and support of lego head for sending saliba away last season, and there is zero help for gobshites like them :roll: :oops: :oops:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
    Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:25 am
    robbo10 wrote:
    Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:47 pm
    Palace the new Wimbledon….long ball c unts
    Wimbledon won the FA Cup back in the days of the Football League, Charlton have also won the FA Cup late '40's, QPR won the League Cup in the '60's. Fulham even got to a Europa Cup final.

Palace, Millwall, Brentford & Orient have never won a major trophy, losing cup finals is not a trophy, nor is finishing 2nd in the league or winning a lower division title.

Meanwhile Sutton are supposed to be a London club, but like Barnet & Watford are a bunch of feckin yokels, a bit like the Swamp Dwellers living in the marshes! :censored:

Fuck 'em all! :barscarf:

Maybe, but finishing 4th is a trophy...never forget that. The Great Man said it, so it is so.