League finish prediction (22/23)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Where will we finish?

Top 2 (haha)
11%
3rd/4th
49%
5th/6th
35%
7th/8th
5%
9th/10th
No votes
Bottom half!
No votes

Total votes: 37

SingaporeG88ner

League finish prediction (22/23)

Post by SingaporeG88ner »

Hope it’s ok for a newbie to start a thread :wink: but it’s that time of year again when we predict where we’ll finish.

Last season 28% correctly said top 6 (including a wonderful poster called g88ner) so pat on the back for them! :lol:

Bizarrely, 38% went for 9th or lower… and 19% of you weirdos even said bottom half :oops: :lol: … so let’s see if you guys can do better this season :lol:

1 person even said top 4 and was very close to being right :shock:

———

For me, anywhere between 3rd and 6th seems possible so I’ll go with 4th. Realistically, I’d call that success. 5th would be par I suppose but I’d be disappointed unless it was accompanied by a trophy! (Europa league ideally).

John F

Re: League finish prediction (22/23)

Post by John F »

The top two are sewn up with the Dippers and City. Chelsea appears to have disharmony behind the scenes and Utd might take time to get going. The Spuds even though they might bore the pants off everyone look to have the Team and the Manager make the top four. As for us, looking good so far with the new signings and our younger players being that more experienced. It could be anything from 3rd to 6th I put 4th hoping Partey does not get injured because if he does that could knock us down a couple of places. I do have concerns about when we play Teams who defend deep with our small strike force and that Arteta has yet to prove to me that he is a good tactical manager who can come up with solutions when the game is going against him.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SingaporeG88ner wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:34 am
Hope it’s ok for a newbie to start a thread :wink: but it’s that time of year again when we predict where we’ll finish.

Last season 28% correctly said top 6 (including a wonderful poster called g88ner) so pat on the back for them! :lol:

Bizarrely, 38% went for 9th or lower… and 19% of you weirdos even said bottom half :oops: :lol: … so let’s see if you guys can do better this season :lol:

———

For me, anywhere between 3rd and 6th seems possible so I’ll go with 4th. Realistically, I’d call that success. 5th would be par I suppose but I’d be disappointed unless it was accompanied by a trophy! (Europa league ideally).
Even though most of our buying has been done, it is still too early to vote, as there is a chance Tielmmanns will come in I hope so anyway so as to lessen the chances for CliveElCunto getting gametime.

You need to have set parameters on the Vote to end before we play our first game so people can't (cough cough) cheat. :D :wink:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Why cant i vote ?

SingaporeG88ner

Post by SingaporeG88ner »

gooner265 wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:05 pm
Why cant i vote ?
Incompetence? :rubchin: :lol:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I voted 7th 8th cos we've still got the Swiss bulge on the books :oops: I'm a pessimistic fucker like a few on here :lol: Last season it went diddies up and all we had to occupy us was the league..This season we've got Thursday football and I don't think el beige has the nous to cope with that..The cock that he is.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SingaporeG88ner wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:34 am

———

NEWBIE!!!??? You've been here years under another name! g88ner(?)...

btw: How did the course of injections go mate? :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

I voted 3rd/4th but as others have said, that is more down to disarray of others (chavs, manure and leicester) than anything we have done.

I was chatting the wife's uncle by marraige yesterday (he is an 83 year old english Gooner) at a ceremony to bury his wife's ashes over here, and of course 98% of chat was about The Arsenal. He is a long standing bond holder and he was telling me that there is a growing sense of unease over there (amongst all his Gooner buddies at least) at how smith-rowe is being marginalised by the cone boy, so it pleased me to know that I wasnt the only one concerned at that. If the team start season well and are getting results then the smith-rowe situation will be pushed to one side by the fans for sure, but if it doesnt start well and smith-rowe is not getting a fair craic, then it could become a big issue real fast cos there is nothing fans of every club love more (except winning) than bringing through their own academy players.

I feel that with the exception of the top 2 nobody has a better squad than us, and that is why I refused to accept this b.ullshit notion that we overachieved last season. The scum have done some great business this summer for sure, and truth be told I expect them to finish ahead of us again this season (as the squad currently stands) cos they have a much better manager than us, and they will have more fire in them than some of our pussies

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Can't see any better than 5th, could be 6th if injuries go against us. If Jesus or Partey are unavailable for any period of time we are fucked. We may sign cover for Partey but I don't see a striker coming in as Carpet Head has promised The Feather minutes this season. Shame, I don't think we're far away but need another couple of.quality signings yet.....and Xhaka needs to feck right off obviously!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:37 pm
Can't see any better than 5th, could be 6th if injuries go against us. If Jesus or Partey are unavailable for any period of time we are fucked. We may sign cover for Partey but I don't see a striker coming in as Carpet Head has promised The Feather minutes this season. Shame, I don't think we're far away but need another couple of.quality signings yet.....and Xhaka needs to feck right off obviously!!

The very fact that he gave him a new (improved) contract instead of getting shot of him for me proves that farteta isn't all he thinks he is, also of course there is ever baffling subject of CliveElCunto, for me the worst player in the history of arsenal since god knows when.

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

augie wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:55 pm
I voted 3rd/4th but as others have said, that is more down to disarray of others (chavs, manure and leicester) than anything we have done.

I was chatting the wife's uncle by marraige yesterday (he is an 83 year old english Gooner) at a ceremony to bury his wife's ashes over here, and of course 98% of chat was about The Arsenal. He is a long standing bond holder and he was telling me that there is a growing sense of unease over there (amongst all his Gooner buddies at least) at how smith-rowe is being marginalised by the cone boy, so it pleased me to know that I wasnt the only one concerned at that. If the team start season well and are getting results then the smith-rowe situation will be pushed to one side by the fans for sure, but if it doesnt start well and smith-rowe is not getting a fair craic, then it could become a big issue real fast cos there is nothing fans of every club love more (except winning) than bringing through their own academy players.

I feel that with the exception of the top 2 nobody has a better squad than us, and that is why I refused to accept this b.ullshit notion that we overachieved last season. The scum have done some great business this summer for sure, and truth be told I expect them to finish ahead of us again this season (as the squad currently stands) cos they have a much better manager than us, and they will have more fire in them than some of our pussies
F*ck me mate, the season hasn't even started and you are already ready to discredit anything the team may achieve saying it will be down to the disarray of others. Isn't any achievement in competitive sport subjective to what your competitors have done?

So after Saliba and Martinelli, ESR is the new stick for you this season to beat Arteta with. If Arteta can see potential in Saka and Martinelli then there is no reason that he can't see that in ESR. There has been well documented fitness issues with ESR and he just wasn't able to carry on the form he showed in the first half of the season to the second half and hence was dropped. It is upto him to rise to the challenge and break into the team again. With the number of games we have to play this season and the world cup in the middle, ESR will get his chance. Suggesting that Arteta has anything against ESR like he was supposed to have for Saliba and Martinelli is pure doom mongering.

It's funny that you say that we have best squad except the top 2 and at same time call our signings Jesus and Zinchenko sh*t. So we basically have no decent striker and no decent cover at LB and we still have the best squad outside the top 2?

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

We are fighting for 5th with United

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Seems to be a bit of optimism around fir this season for some reason.
Well I was spot on last season and said 5th and I’m saying 5th again this season.

I just think it will be difficult to finish in the top 4 whilst playing in the Europa and I don’t like the way that the scum have strengthened this summer either.
Slight hope of 4th with Chelsea struggling a bit I think, but they always seem to come good and let’s face it Tuchel is a much better manager than Arteta.
We really need another midfielder in, otherwise 6th, 7th, 8th is still possible.

The one thing I’m counting on this season is a good start.
Get a result v Palsce and I can genuinely see us being in the top 2 or 3 heading into the international break in mid September.
Ultimately we won’t stay there but it could be a good couple of months to come!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

5th or 6th for me. And that is down to Martinez-Lite's fucking ridiculous obsession with Clive. If Clive starts almost every game again it'll be 6th place for us. If the empty cuntbrain is fucked out or gets a nice serious injury early on then we can grab 5th and maybe even 4th depending on who does what In the January window.

We are unbalanced as a side and light in midfield when Clive plays. It's like starting with 10 men. And then add to that the ever present risk of the walking lobotomy gifting the oppo a stupid penalty at any given moment. :roll: :censored:

I'll never take Martinez-Lite seriously as a manager whilst he picks Clive as a starter. :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The Scum have a better; though equally loathsome manager than us.

The chavs have a very good manager in Tuchel the kiddie Fiddler (allegedly) who is better than both farteta and the Italian cuntbag who celebrates goals as if he's won the prem.

So yes, I will be pleasantly surprised if we get in the top 4 (because of Farteta's in-experience and arrogance)

Bu it would be nice to finish above manure and their chopsyCunt fans.

If we 'Can' get Tielemanns and ElCunto gets relegated to the bench for as many games as possible, we would/ could challenge for 4th but a long as the pointing disaster is in the squad it reduces our chances of Top 4 significantly.

Saliba at less than half-the-price has shown the £50 million White to be pretty average at best.