William Saliba

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: William Saliba

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:17 am
My biggest worry with Saliba has always been that I just think he’d rather be in France.

So no matter how successful he was here or how much money we throw at him, if PSG were to come in he’d be off.

I think that’s ultimately what will happen which is why it’s vital we get him to sign some sort of contract soon so we get a massive wedge of that delicious oil money when the time comes and not have him walk for peanuts in the last year of his contract or even worse for nothing if he runs it out.
Verily Tis True Rodders, I can even see him telling the BarcaWhores and Madrid Pedo's to fuck off... But PSG ; even though they are a shyte club, he would definitely think twice... and his agent is the agent for some PSG players already. :?

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:17 am
My biggest worry with Saliba has always been that I just think he’d rather be in France.

So no matter how successful he was here or how much money we throw at him, if PSG were to come in he’d be off.

I think that’s ultimately what will happen which is why it’s vital we get him to sign some sort of contract soon so we get a massive wedge of that delicious oil money when the time comes and not have him walk for peanuts in the last year of his contract or even worse for nothing if he runs it out.
Ultimately, that is always likely to happen - but as you rightly stated if / when it does we need to ensure we get top dollar for him.
Sign his new deal for 4/ 5 years and we have a £80m + player under contract

I have no problem in him being given £100k - £130k a week if that is what it takes to get the deal signed.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I'd be happy to see him be our Top Paid player mate. I mean aubaCunto got £350k+ out of us then nosedived - Ceeeeuuuunnnnttt! - But I don't see Tequila EVER downing Tools etc. Should he stay and Odegaard leaves I could see him being a Decent Captain!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Arsenal have activated option to extend William Saliba contract until June 2024. Existing terms were due to end June 2023 & deadline to trigger extra 12 months was Dec 31. Arsenal did so in recent days. Talks continue over fresh deal @TheAthleticFC #AFC

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:22 pm
🚨 Arsenal have activated option to extend William Saliba contract until June 2024. Existing terms were due to end June 2023 & deadline to trigger extra 12 months was Dec 31. Arsenal did so in recent days. Talks continue over fresh deal @TheAthleticFC #AFC
Well that’s relatively good news, just hope he sees what is happening at the club, and he is a big part of that

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

CollenG53

Post by CollenG53 »

given how good willy has been i would probably look to sell gabriel while his stock is high and move white inside to build a partnership. i mean dont fix what isnt broke but tomiyasu can play RB now and need a back up like aarons or something to have more balance back there.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal are planning to step up talks over a new long-term contract for William Saliba. The Frenchman has already rejected one offer from #AFC [⁦@JamesOlley⁩].

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Why don't we just learn to get these things done quickly and properly. We want the boy to sign a new deal, so make him feel wanted and happily pay him enough to get the deal done quickly. We always haggle and low ball, just as in our transfer dealings and it pisses the player and the agent off, leaving a sour taste even if they sign. It also encourages other clubs who are watching to fancy their chances and to court the player.

We saw all this bollocks under the idiot Wenger and saw the damage this approach does. We didn't seem to mind paying bundles to bang average players on long term deals, meaning we were stuck with them, so ffs pay the guys we want to keep the right money, without haggling for months and send the right message to the bloke.

I'm hoping we've learnt the lesson, but will believe it when I see it. It doesn't help when I read on the transfer thread that we offered Mudryk 50k per week, which the chavs doubled! I know it's paper talk, but if it's true (and it apparently came from the boss at Shakhtar), then do we really think that a player we're happy to value at 80-90 million, is going to take 50k p week??! :oops: :oops:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Saliba new contract announcement imminent………..

Let’s hope so, he looks like he is loving it here

:barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Excellent news! :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:13 am

Where did you see this Stuart ,my sources haven't confirmed this :wink: :lol:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:53 am
Stuart L (2) wrote:

Kingralph dreamt it. :lol:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:38 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:

But rich coming from you, the Twitter copy and paste master, BobbyP.

I’m surprised you didn’t try to claim to have been the one handing big Willie the Mont Blanc he signed the new contract with.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Kingralph wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:16 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:

But rich coming from you, the Twitter copy and paste master, BobbyP.

I’m surprised you didn’t try to claim to have been the one handing big Willie the Mont Blanc he signed the new contract with.
When I’m walking round the training ground in pre-season again I’ll give you a wave. It’s who you know. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:

:coffeespit: