William Saliba

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: William Saliba

Post by augie »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:45 pm
Reality is (and saliba has said this) that lego head gave him no chance before pushing him out the door, and there will be no loyalty from saliba because of that

I would suggest that we worry about that if and when it happens

I wasnt criticising saliba by that comment - my point was in response to the earlier question as to how we have let saliba be down to just 2 years left on his contract, and the answer is that we have a manager that send him away in both of the last two seasons, so we cant get on our high horse and slate the guy if he looks to leave

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:03 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:13 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:30 am
This is just so typical of the rank fucking incompetence and deep stupidity that has been a big part of our financial dealings and contract management for years now.

It's either give Ozil and Aubamewingie stupid money and watch them stop giving a fuck, or let top players walk out the door for a pittance or on a free. It's never the right thing, always a calamity. :oops: :roll:
The club is an absolute mess...cant see any long term planning...
Seriously ?

We had the youngest starting 11 in the league last season , which we have added to with proven premier league quality in Jesus and Zincenko, who are in their prime years.

We have a back 5 that could play together for the next 5/6 seasons potentially.

We have 2 of the brightest young English talents in Smith Rowe and Saka, who will only improve as they gain experience.

We have 2 Brazilian youngsters in Martinelli and Marquinhos who could potentially be superstars.

We have the French young player of the year and a gem in Saliba.

The board, in the last 2 seasons have spent and spent and spent, giving Arteta the chance to jettison those who don’t fit the “project”

In our youth set up we have the likes of Patino, Salah, Flores, Azeez who all have incredible potential

If you can’t see the long term planning there, then you are facing the wrong way.
YES fucking seriously

Saliba situation is a fucking joke...without him back 5 will go to shit...dont rely on white he shits himself under pressure
Yes a gem but will he be here next season???

Transfer dealings/negotiations have been a mess for years....Buy high then give away for f all

Zinchenko is a midfielder has no pace as a full back will get run ragged

Know all about Martinelli....arteta did his best to fuck him up....respect to the lad hes kept going

ESR??? hes well down pecking order despite in my opinion being one of our best players...destined to leave...and who can blame him

yes youngsters with potential...what i seen of patino hes got a way to go.....remains to seen how many make the grade

Dont agree with odergaard being captain
Dont agree that usesless piece of shit xhaka should be anywhere near our first team
Yes in a mess..The club who bought a player for £72 MILLION then cant get anyone interested even on getting him on loan

not sure about what ...facing wrong way shit is all about....i am stating my opinion....

Stick by what i say....

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:25 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:42 am
Looks a class act, the decision to loan him out has proven to be the right one, I think he may have struggled physically when he was first signed and that could have damaged his confidence and development.
So a good shout from those concerned, but as others have said, if he is the real deal, then he'll be gone next season, when it's obvious we aren't going to be challenging for major honours.

Loan him out first season yes. Loan him out the second time - probably correct. Loan him out last season was not correct decision - he proved last season that he was ready to be a starter in senior football, and that should have been with us. To read pep's cone boy come out with nonsense about how saliba doing well last season proved he was correct in sending him away is unbelievable - we shelled out £50m on a guy who isnt good enough or big enough to play the position, and you dont do that if you believe in saliba as a future star. Saliba went to marseille last season and proved the basque fool wrong, and this was shown in his selection in the 20 nominations for best young player in europe, and the fact that he is now a full international in one of the strongest international teams in the world. Reality is (and saliba has said this) that lego head gave him no chance before pushing him out the door, and there will be no loyalty from saliba because of that - reading fan boys crediting lego head with saliba's development is truly laughable
Jesus Augie! I thought I was miserable and twisted! :lol:

TomHelo14

Post by TomHelo14 »

The man glides across the pitch.

In comparison to the likes of Mustafi and other clowns we’ve had at the back where it is complete panic when they are 1 on 1 or on the ball, it is the total opposite with Bill. He is pure class.

Can’t wait for him to join Barca next year :-P :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

To think we had this lad as an option but Carpet Head preferred to spend 50m on White, buy Mari, have David Luiz for a couple of years and prefer Holding

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:59 pm
To think we had this lad as an option but Carpet Head preferred to spend 50m on White, buy Mari, have David Luiz for a couple of years and prefer Holding

And CHOSE to register mustafi ahead of him even though he knew mustafi was going to be out injured for another 3 months anyway :banghead: Now we read shite from some fans saying that he wasnt ready to play for us before - how good do you need to be to be better than the donkeys listed ? FFS my dead grandmother would have been a better option than a fit mustafi :roll:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:59 pm

Tells you all you need to know about the Basque clown.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I have to agree that Saliba should have been in the side for at least a year before he was. Loans are good things for giving young players experience but when you look at the utter rubbish we had as CHs it's crazy Saliba wasn't here starting for us at least a year ago.

Anyway I'm just glad he's here now and hopefully Edutard and Martinez-Lite can manage not to fuck it up completely and we keep the lad for years to come.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:05 am
I have to agree that Saliba should have been in the side for at least a year before he was. Loans are good things for giving young players experience but when you look at the utter rubbish we had as CHs it's crazy Saliba wasn't here starting for us at least a year ago.

Anyway I'm just glad he's here now and hopefully Edutard and Martinez-Lite can manage not to fuck it up completely and we keep the lad for years to come.
I guess it all depends on whether the kid knows how good he is and uses Arsenal as a stepping stone or was patient with Artwata because he really does want to be an Arsenal great for the foreseeable future.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Hes fuckin rapid as well.....unlike holding, mustafi and mari.....
interesting stat..... fourth-highest top speed across the whole Premier League this weekend with 34.49km.[/i]

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:15 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:36 am
augie wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:43 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:10 pm
Saliba looks everything Ben White SHOULD be! If Carpet head drops Saliba to move White back when tommy is fit then we are fucked.
Pedro on Le Grove thought White had a decent game........I thought he was shite, as he is in most games......50m when he's worth 20 at a push!

There was a few journo's on ssn last week stating that they believe that pep's cone boy did not want or rate saliba and that is why he was pushed out last season - they believe that he has changed his position now
I mean, does he have a choice? He'd be a moron to not rate someone that was struggling with the loss of his parent, went on loan because he was pushed out of the Arsenal team. Whilst on loan he turned up in Ligue 1 Team of The Year and became a France international at that time.
The pressure was building.... he had to do U turn.....

Exactly. Let’s not act like Mikel did a genius move taking a chance on this guy. If he didn’t, the likes of PSG, RM, Bayern or even a PL club would’ve taken that offer.

They might do. The treatment he has received wasn’t warranted and it won’t surprise me (nor bother me) if he runs down his contract and goes elsewhere. We have a project here but can’t be asking for loyalty when you boot players out the door because your ego can’t take a hit.

shu

Post by shu »

I would imagine hell is being stuck inside the online gooner forum , going round and round in circles of pain ,negativity and hatred.

You know even if we won anything most of you would still all hate Arteta , he cant win tbh.

Now i am not fan of his but i think we are in a much better place than 3 years ago and the board have provided the finances. Thank god there are the one or two here who are positive but then get aggressively shouted down.

But some of you are a fucking disgrace and should take a look at yourselves.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

shu wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:54 pm
I would imagine hell is being stuck inside the online gooner forum , going round and round in circles of pain ,negativity and hatred.

You know even if we won anything most of you would still all hate Arteta , he cant win tbh.

Now i am not fan of his but i think we are in a much better place than 3 years ago and the board have provided the finances. Thank god there are the one or two here who are positive but then get aggressively shouted down.

Time of the month?

augie

Post by augie »

shu wrote:

Much better place than 3 years ago because the board has been prepared to write of millions to flush the shite out of the club. Best/most important players in this team ? Without doubt we are all saying saka, martinelli, smith-rowe, tierney and now possibly saliba and probably jesus - with the exception of jesus every other player was here before pep's cone boy arrived

Nobody gets aggressively shouted down - you have an opinion and the right to express it on a forum, but there is no need to get all sensitive because others disagree with you :oops: :oops:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

shu wrote:

Ohhhh! Yeah!? So why did you ask me if there were any naked pics of him anywhere!!!???