William Saliba

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: William Saliba

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:20 pm
Gunnerz4life wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:06 pm
He has 2 years left and it is going to be a tricky task getting him to sign a new contract. I have to say I am a bit worried about this one.

Leicester has rejected a 70 million bid for Fofana and the Chavs will be going back with a improved bid, Saliba should be worth more than Fofana.
Fuck...2 years....Arsenal have dropped a bollock here.....how did they let it come to this

£70 million is no good for saliba...fucking white cost £50 million...hes 10 times the player White is

you just wont replace him...end up with 10 years of Holding and Mari lookalikes
Enjoy this season cause he'll be gone after it

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Saliba and Fofana were the CB Pairing at Saint Etienne, pity we didn't snap up Fofana at the same time before Leicester got him because they are both absolute Quality.

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:10 pm
Saliba looks everything Ben White SHOULD be! If Carpet head drops Saliba to move White back when tommy is fit then we are fucked.
Pedro on Le Grove thought White had a decent game........I thought he was shite, as he is in most games......50m when he's worth 20 at a push!

There was a few journo's on ssn last week stating that they believe that pep's cone boy did not want or rate saliba and that is why he was pushed out last season - they believe that he has changed his position now

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Looks a class act, the decision to loan him out has proven to be the right one, I think he may have struggled physically when he was first signed and that could have damaged his confidence and development.
So a good shout from those concerned, but as others have said, if he is the real deal, then he'll be gone next season, when it's obvious we aren't going to be challenging for major honours.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:43 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Saliba looks everything Ben White SHOULD be! If Carpet head drops Saliba to move White back when tommy is fit then we are fucked.
Pedro on Le Grove thought White had a decent game........I thought he was shite, as he is in most games......50m when he's worth 20 at a push!

There was a few journo's on ssn last week stating that they believe that pep's cone boy did not want or rate saliba and that is why he was pushed out last season - they believe that he has changed his position now
Basically he could not deny it .....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

This is just so typical of the rank fucking incompetence and deep stupidity that has been a big part of our financial dealings and contract management for years now.

It's either give Ozil and Aubamewingie stupid money and watch them stop giving a fuck, or let top players walk out the door for a pittance or on a free. It's never the right thing, always a calamity. :oops: :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Which is why I still think it was the Wrong Decision to let Guendouzi go... He was young and didn't know the ropes, so instead of educating him and setting him straight. arteta dropped him like a fucking safe... And in time to come Guendouzi will become a very VERY Good player.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

augie wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

I mean, does he have a choice? He'd be a moron to not rate someone that was struggling with the loss of his parent, went on loan because he was pushed out of the Arsenal team. Whilst on loan he turned up in Ligue 1 Team of The Year and became a France international at that time.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Ah yes journalists,they who should be believed :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:30 am
This is just so typical of the rank fucking incompetence and deep stupidity that has been a big part of our financial dealings and contract management for years now.

It's either give Ozil and Aubamewingie stupid money and watch them stop giving a fuck, or let top players walk out the door for a pittance or on a free. It's never the right thing, always a calamity. :oops: :roll:
The club is an absolute mess...cant see any long term planning...

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Rian1 wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:36 am
augie wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

I mean, does he have a choice? He'd be a moron to not rate someone that was struggling with the loss of his parent, went on loan because he was pushed out of the Arsenal team. Whilst on loan he turned up in Ligue 1 Team of The Year and became a France international at that time.
The pressure was building.... he had to do U turn.....

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:42 am
Looks a class act, the decision to loan him out has proven to be the right one, I think he may have struggled physically when he was first signed and that could have damaged his confidence and development.
So a good shout from those concerned, but as others have said, if he is the real deal, then he'll be gone next season, when it's obvious we aren't going to be challenging for major honours.

Loan him out first season yes. Loan him out the second time - probably correct. Loan him out last season was not correct decision - he proved last season that he was ready to be a starter in senior football, and that should have been with us. To read pep's cone boy come out with nonsense about how saliba doing well last season proved he was correct in sending him away is unbelievable - we shelled out £50m on a guy who isnt good enough or big enough to play the position, and you dont do that if you believe in saliba as a future star. Saliba went to marseille last season and proved the basque fool wrong, and this was shown in his selection in the 20 nominations for best young player in europe, and the fact that he is now a full international in one of the strongest international teams in the world. Reality is (and saliba has said this) that lego head gave him no chance before pushing him out the door, and there will be no loyalty from saliba because of that - reading fan boys crediting lego head with saliba's development is truly laughable

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

The lad looks ace in what I have seen so far, but I won't get carried away until a few more games against better attackers. :-)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:13 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:30 am

The club is an absolute mess...cant see any long term planning...
Seriously ?

We had the youngest starting 11 in the league last season , which we have added to with proven premier league quality in Jesus and Zincenko, who are in their prime years.

We have a back 5 that could play together for the next 5/6 seasons potentially.

We have 2 of the brightest young English talents in Smith Rowe and Saka, who will only improve as they gain experience.

We have 2 Brazilian youngsters in Martinelli and Marquinhos who could potentially be superstars.

We have the French young player of the year and a gem in Saliba.

The board, in the last 2 seasons have spent and spent and spent, giving Arteta the chance to jettison those who don’t fit the “project”

In our youth set up we have the likes of Patino, Salah, Flores, Azeez who all have incredible potential

If you can’t see the long term planning there, then you are facing the wrong way.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Reality is (and saliba has said this) that lego head gave him no chance before pushing him out the door, and there will be no loyalty from saliba because of that

I would suggest that we worry about that if and when it happens