Steptoe and Brendas bulbeyes H Sat 13th Aug KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xgtdec

Re: Steptoe and Brendas bulbeyes H Sat 13th Aug KO 3pm

Post by xgtdec »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:36 pm
xgtdec wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:34 pm
Is ramsdale fast becoming the weakest link
I have moaned about him on here since about Christmas - worrying that we let Leno go to Fulham
The yank had better keep his gloves handy, there’s the makings of a team here and ramsdale clangers need to be iradicated

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:36 pm
xgtdec wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:34 pm
Is ramsdale fast becoming the weakest link
I have moaned about him on here since about Christmas - worrying that we let Leno go to Fulham
Shut up you tart. :lol:

He's still better than Butter Wrists. YOU would be better than Butter Wrists ffs Rob! :lol: :wink:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Fucking hell, talk about short memory!

Matthew Upson on commentary talking about Jesus and all the top strikers we've had in the last 20 years, more like double that. Amazing how Smith gets criminally underrated, Merson, Anelka, even Ian Wright was 30 years ago FSS.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Well done, boys. Looked very, very good for long periods. Still the nervous moments every now and again. Jesus and Martinelli and fucking brilliant. Two wins out of two. 36 games until we're champions.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I enjoyed that, yes there were a couple of dodgy moments but some good goals, really nice interplay and nice to see the injured players getting minutes. Saliba was very unlucky with the own goal and Ramsdale probably should have saved the second if he'd sorted his feet out but otherwise not bad at all. Jesus looks better than i thought he was going to be, his strength at times for a smallish guy is excellent, two good goals and nice to see an old fashioned poachers goal, they all count. Martinelli was excellent all game and really nice to see him get the reward, i actually rate him more than Saka if i'm honest. Xhaka for once did not not play utterly terribly which by his standards means he was just mweh but in the right place at the right time is all you can ask.

Good overall performance but still areas to tighten up on and improve but better than last season with the responses to the goals scored against us where we would quite often fold.

And yes i know Leicester aren't good at the moment but i dont care :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Ramsdale is going to give me fever dreams like when we had Cech and Almunia in goal.

Shame we don’t have a decent back up for him, like when he took over from Leno. Looks to be too comfortable with his position now.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:46 pm
Fucking hell, talk about short memory!

Matthew Upson on commentary talking about Jesus and all the top strikers we've had in the last 20 years, more like double that. Amazing how Smith gets criminally underrated, Merson, Anelka, even Ian Wright was 30 years ago FSS.
Two golden boots for Smith :barscarf: :barscarf: in title winning season to boot 🥾 :lol:

Got eclipsed once Wrighty arrived but was still very effective target man.

Happy with the win, naturally, but also the team performance - all working to win the ball back, putting pressure on, in very difficult conditions and Leicester were happy to always look for the long ball over the top.

Saka had a very quiet game, which is allowed considering how much he carried the team last season.

Martinelli made Forfana look like it was 50 year old Kanu marking him at times and Zinchencko was great too.

Jesus unlucky, could easily have had 3 or 4.

We are looking like a team now, not one or two individuals that we always rely on. :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Immediately going down the other end and scoring straight we conceded both times makes a refreshing change from the complete collapse we would have expected in recent seasons.

While we all knew he was holding the team back big time I t’s only now coming to light just how much the team suffered with Laca up top from January onwards stinking the place out week after week.

Barely saw a kick of the game thanks to the fucking state of the shit streams knocking about but that’s the last week I’ll suffer that misery.

I’d been reading during the week of people using VPNs to sign up for American streaming services that show you every single game live. Think it’s NBC and Peacock. I’m actually prepared to pay for a legit service, no interest in shit streams with a million pop ups that crash every 2 mins.

I’ll pay a subscription to both if I can watch on my tv, anyone on here with an experience of doing that?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Kingralph wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:07 pm
Ramsdale is going to give me fever dreams like when we had Cech and Almunia in goal.

Shame we don’t have a decent back up for him, like when he took over from Leno. Looks to be too comfortable with his position now.
Breaking into the England team may have made him lose his edge maybe ?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:15 pm
Immediately going down the other end and scoring straight we conceded both times makes a refreshing change from the complete collapse we would have expected in recent seasons.

While we all knew he was holding the team back big time I t’s only now coming to light just how much the team suffered with Laca up top from January onwards stinking the place out week after week.

Barely saw a kick of the game thanks to the fucking state of the shit streams knocking about but that’s the last week I’ll suffer that misery.

I’d been reading during the week of people using VPNs to sign up for American streaming services that show you every single game live. Think it’s NBC and Peacock. I’m actually prepared to pay for a legit service, no interest in shit streams with a million pop ups that crash every 2 mins.

I’ll pay a subscription to both if I can watch on my tv, anyone on here with an experience of doing that?
Me Too!... I'll cancel my Netflix and Amazon Prime (as soon as I've finished the All Or Nothing), and would appreciate if anyone who is an expert in this area as I too am fed up with trying to watch games on a dodgy stream etc.

I don't have a TV so rely on my PC & MAC - My Broadband & phone are through Virgin, just wondering what would be the cheapest way forward as I would happily go with another provider if it means I can watch at least Arsenal's Prem Games

Any help advice would be much appreciated. :cheers:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

If you think Ramsdale is bad just wait until Turner makes his debut. :mrgnu:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:17 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:07 pm

Breaking into the England team may have made him lose his edge maybe ?
Yeah! He was solid and reliable up-till-then, he seems down to earth etc, but he also has that joker type thing in him where he loses serious focus etc. Pity as he is obviously very able as a keeper and brave as fuck.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:45 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:38 pm
:proudtosay:

Jesus!
He changes water into Wine
He plays for Arsenal
And wears the number 9

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Worst. Song. Ever. :oops:

And it doesn't scan. :lol:
No it's not and it Does!

So fuck off

please! :D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:56 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:53 pm
Superb football in that first half - absolute joy to watch

The difference in having a confident striker as opposed to watching Laca waddle around up there
Movement up top is everything, sadly Lacca lacked it.
Don't you mean Laca lacced it!? :D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:18 pm
xgtdec wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:16 pm
What annoys me there is Ben white is standing looking at the flick on, he’s nowhere near challenging for it
I just don't rate Ben White. He's an OK defender but not a great or even at times not a good one.
Agreed he just doesn't have "it" and the gap / difference between him and Saliba is Huge.