Steptoe and Brendas bulbeyes H Sat 13th Aug KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Steptoe and Brendas bulbeyes H Sat 13th Aug KO 3pm

Post by rodders999 »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:13 am
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:56 pm
xgtdec wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:42 pm
I’m using iptv from Germany coupled with a vpn, I watched match live today on bein sports premier 2, no idea on the commentary but full HD for the picture via vlc player.
Yeah I understood about 4 words of that :wink:
I’m guessing Germany, coupled ,watched, live, based on your “form”

You know me so well :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:32 pm
rodders999 wrote:
xgtdec wrote:
I’m using iptv from Germany coupled with a vpn, I watched match live today on bein sports premier 2, no idea on the commentary but full HD for the picture via vlc player.

I think they are calling you a c.unt again :lol: :lol:
The quote tower debacle was a free hit but I deserved it for championing Rashford over Jesus :oops:

I’ve been critical of Martinelli’s finishing which to be fair hasn’t been up to a scratch for a while now but 2 in 2 is a great start to his season and yesterday’s goal a was superb finish into the bottom corner. He absolutely rag dolled Fofana all day, seems to have added extra muscle over the summer and is a joy to behold out there.

Loved to hear Jesus speak more about the chances he missed rather than his goals, how he asked for video footage of them in the dressing room and how he was massively pissed of not to get the hat trick. One world class finish and the other a fox in the box goal - he looks a serious threat up there and will score bucket loads. In one game he’s already got the same amount of goals from open play as Laca did in the whole of all last season :oops:

Disappointing to concede 2 sloppy goals, especially the second - and allowing the opposition score from almost all their limited amount of shots on target in games is something that’s plagued us for years.

Immediately going up the other end and extending our lead after conceding twice was massively encouraging. We’d have wobbled and shit the bed in the past and pissed away 2 points there.

The bench is looking a lot stronger with ESR, Tomi and Tierney back on it and keeping those 3 fit for the season will be key to our success. Vieira back in full training too so we can only get stronger in that regard.

Hopefully Tielemens comes in before the window closes and we badly need an option on the wing in order to be able to rotate Saka who looks a bit burned. He’s played a shit load of football in the last couple of seasons and there’s a danger we might over load him especially in this ludicrous season with a Christmas World Cup in the middle of it.

Need to flush that turd Pepe and sign a winger so we can see the bets of Saka this season.

All in all a superb start to the season.

ONWARDS :barscarf:

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:04 am
augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
xgtdec wrote:

The quote tower debacle was a free hit but I deserved it for championing Rashford over Jesus :oops:

I’ve been critical of Martinelli’s finishing which to be fair hasn’t been up to a scratch for a while now but 2 in 2 is a great start to his season and yesterday’s goal a was superb finish into the bottom corner. He absolutely rag dolled Fofana all day, seems to have added extra muscle over the summer and is a joy to behold out there.

Loved to hear Jesus speak more about the chances he missed rather than his goals, how he asked for video footage of them in the dressing room and how he was massively pissed of not to get the hat trick. One world class finish and the other a fox in the box goal - he looks a serious threat up there and will score bucket loads. In one game he’s already got the same amount of goals from open play as Laca did in the whole of all last season :oops:

Disappointing to concede 2 sloppy goals, especially the second - and allowing the opposition score from almost all their limited amount of shots on target in games is something that’s plagued us for years.

Immediately going up the other end and extending our lead after conceding twice was massively encouraging. We’d have wobbled and shit the bed in the past and pissed away 2 points there.

The bench is looking a lot stronger with ESR, Tomi and Tierney back on it and keeping those 3 fit for the season will be key to our success. Vieira back in full training too so we can only get stronger in that regard.

Hopefully Tielemens comes in before the window closes and we badly need an option on the wing in order to be able to rotate Saka who looks a bit burned. He’s played a shit load of football in the last couple of seasons and there’s a danger we might over load him especially in this ludicrous season with a Christmas World Cup in the middle of it.

Need to flush that turd Pepe and sign a winger so we can see the bets of Saka this season.

Summed up nicely mate bang on! :D

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Not wanting to come across all Augie but pleased with win but worried by the slack goals we conceded, ramsdale another mistake and the fact we should have scored 6 at least. We need to put these games to bed as good opposition not moribund Leicester will punish us.

Jesus looks different gravy, zinchenko good attacking but again not great defending.

Tierney and tomi in for white and defence is strong. Imagine how good we could be with Xhaka and Odergaard.

2 wins out of 2 can't ask for more though!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
xgtdec wrote:

Lovely foundation here for a quote tower. :lol: :wink:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:15 pm
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
xgtdec wrote:

A what?!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Come on Chelsea ! :barscarf:

Fucking hate them but needs must :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:21 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

A what?!
:lol: :lol: :barscarf:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Good performance and a good start to the season, but as the Mantis says, there are definitely areas that need improving, or we'll come unstuck against decent oppposition.

The keeper worries me big time, as I've said on the forum regularly and while it's all been said before about Xhaka, I also find Partey bang average at best. Anyone who watched the Chelsea / Scum game yesterday would have seen how the battle was taking place in the middle of the park and either of those sides would have destroyed our centre mid. In fairness to Chelsea, they looked very good yesterday, although suffered from our problem of not turning domination into goal chances.

We have the capability to be a useful side, but that woeful centre midfield will let us down against the big boys and it's frustrating to think that even if we had a couple of dependable workhorses in there, we'd be a far greater proposition.

We also need ESR to start instead of Odegaard, but no way is that gonna happen.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:39 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:

A what?!
Indeed There Is :proudtosay: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:42 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

A what?!
:lol:

That's the rebar in for the founds, and a nice first floor added to the Quote Tower. Looking good. :D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:15 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

A what?!

That's the rebar in for the founds, and a nice first floor added to the Quote Tower. Looking good. :D :wink:

Is there room for a Pent House??? :D

Ooops! Nealry forgot ...here's the Basement :lol: 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:06 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:15 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

A what?!

Is there room for a Pent House??? :D

Ooops! Nealry forgot ...here's the Basement :lol: 8)
Good work. :D 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:

A what?!
The big fuck-off size articulated lorries have just turned up with the Double Glazing frames and the light fittings for all 122 Floors!

There's plenty of work waiting to be done on this particular Quote Tower.....

Apparently Tiellemans iS a done deal, but he jus willing to wait till the Crimbo transfer Window (Double Glazed of course!). :proudtosay: