Bournemouth bumholes A Sat 20th Aug KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Bournemouth bumholes A Sat 20th Aug KO 1730

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Jesus may or may not end up being a 20 goal a season striker but if he plays and assists as he has been the amount of chances he will help create will make up the difference :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:23 pm
3-0 away from home is a very good result.....Salibas goal was excellent

Random question....have we now got "ultras".....as saw quite a few geysers in black T shirts in pub before game
Christ I hope not, mate. I hate attention seeking superfans. :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:17 pm
We’ve got Granit Xhaka CLAP CLAP Granit Xhaka CLAP CLAP :wink:
I've a better song.....

You're a cùnt, You're a cùnt, You're a cùnt, cùnt, cùnt! :wink:

shu

Post by shu »

Good win and my sky bet bet builder came in a treat .

Where are the miserable gits ? :D

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Yes, there were a bunch of fans in black t-shirts in the north bank against Leicester who seemed to be starting the singing. I read somewhere they are called the 'Ashburton Army which is very embarrassing if true, not only that, they missed a trick as they should have called themselves the 'Grove Armada' 8)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

3 matches
3 wins

Well done - now win the next 3 as well 8)

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Great win away :barscarf: The only blemish for me was that utter fuckhole Xhaka getting the armband when Odegaard went off :( Well 2 blemishes really :rubchin: Xhaka starting being the other one.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Good win can only beat what's in front of us but 2 away wins is nice. We should have pumped wm for 6 though! Gotta get the goals in when we in the ascendancy s our rivals always do. Good to see our captain have some influence finally!

Let's do Fulham too please. No slip ups.

We need to get another CM and proper attacker in though. If Jesus gets injured we are fooked and Tielemans would be nice option too.

Get it done arsenal

herbert

Post by herbert »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:03 pm
Yes, there were a bunch of fans in black t-shirts in the north bank against Leicester who seemed to be starting the singing. I read somewhere they are called the 'Ashburton Army which is very embarrassing if true, not only that, they missed a trick as they should have called themselves the 'Grove Armada' 8)
They are a group of young lads who got together over the last couple of seasons to create atmosphere in the Clock end (family enclosure and they are definitely improving the atmosphere at home games,This season they have moved over nearer to the away fans and like minded individuals who want to stand and sing all game are encouraged to buy match tickets in that block

I believe the club has embraced them and despite my thoughts on organised ultras in matching t-shirts I think they are doing a brilliant job in raising the atmosphere levels at home

herbert

Post by herbert »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:50 pm
Jesus loves a wrestle. :lol: 8)

I was completely whelmed by his signing but am thrilled to so far be proved wrong. He has looked top quality and adds so much to the attack. Hope he keeps it up for the season.
Sometimes you get that feeling that a player justs fits a football club (Wrighty)

Fingers crossed🤞

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

I never knew Jesus was such a good dribbler of the ball. Pep must have used his as a role player but here the shackles are off and he is ghosting past players. Thats why I feel our front three are unique relative to our rivals. Everyone of Saka, Martinelli and Jesus will fancy themselves in a one v one. All three are natural carriers of the ball and wont give it up in tight spaces. You cant double mark three players.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Rival fans call Arteta 'lego head or 'lego pep', which is pretty funny. But I think Arteta is becoming a serious manager who doesn't tolerate any shit and knows what he wants and is showing signs he knows how to get it.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:30 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:23 pm
3-0 away from home is a very good result.....Salibas goal was excellent

Random question....have we now got "ultras".....as saw quite a few geysers in black T shirts in pub before game
:rubchin:

You sure they were Geysers and not Goths!? :D :wink:
:D :D :D

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

10 odd years ago they brought in the daylight rule for offsides giving the benefit of the doubt to the attacking team, a great rule change, resulting in more free flowing football, more chances and more goals.

How the fuck we’ve gone from that to freeze frame pictures of the tip of an attackers boot and drawing a line to the tip of a defenders boot and working out the millimetre difference is beyond fucking belief.

Didn’t cost us yesterday with the Jesus goal thankfully (Brentford got fucked over though) but it’s the biggest scourge in the game right now.

I was always pro VAR for the clear and obvious stuff, this is absolute bollocks.