Aaron Ramsdale...worrying

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: Aaron Ramsdale...worrying

Post by Retro Gunner »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:27 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:43 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:20 pm
He nearly cost us the match is like saying Xhaka nearly won us the match. Neither happened.
Really?? Were you watching when he dithered for an age with the ball at his feet and got closed down. Not only did it almost lead to a goal (he apologised btw), but it changed the pattern of play for the remainder of the first half.

Your Xhaka comment is typically nonsensical. The issue with Ramsdale happened. Did you see him flapping away against Brighton btw? Teams are soon going to cotton on to how poor he is at corners and other set plays and will crowd him and ping the ball right into the 6 yd box. He’s a liability.
Did you not see that Ramsdale kept a clean sheet?
Did you not see Xhaka have a clear attempt on goal?
You're getting stressed over things that didn't happen. A liability is a keeper that has cost us matches, like at Old Trafford where he was at fault for two of the goals if not all three. Criticizing a goalie that kept a clean sheet i.e. did not concede a goal, is a redundant argument.
Sorry mate it's not redundant at all. I'm capable of assessing a player and a game, irrespective of the result, or in the case of a striker or keeper, whether they've scored or conceded. Your problem is that you analyse like a 10 year old, basing your opinion on game to game performances. A keeper can keep a clean sheet, yet still look like a liability and conversely, can concede 3 or 4, but clearly be a quality act.

Ramsdale is an accident waiting to happen every time I watch him play. He's a shot stopper, but even then the ball can come off him straight into the danger zone. He flaps at crosses, his positioning and decision making is poor and it's more than once that he's dithered on the ball and been caught out. If it doesn't lead to a goal, that really doesn't mean that there's nothing wrong. He is also chaotic and over demonstrative, with his shouting and arm waving. Defenders want a calm influence behind them and he's anything but.

No point arguing with you, I'll remind you when he fucks up. We sold a far better keeper.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:19 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
He nearly cost us the match is like saying Xhaka nearly won us the match. Neither happened.
Really?? Were you watching when he dithered for an age with the ball at his feet and got closed down. Not only did it almost lead to a goal (he apologised btw), but it changed the pattern of play for the remainder of the first half.

Your Xhaka comment is typically nonsensical. The issue with Ramsdale happened. Did you see him flapping away against Brighton btw? Teams are soon going to cotton on to how poor he is at corners and other set plays and will crowd him and ping the ball right into the 6 yd box. He’s a liability.
You're getting stressed over things that didn't happen. A liability is a keeper that has cost us matches, like at Old Trafford where he was at fault for two of the goals if not all three. Criticizing a goalie that kept a clean sheet i.e. did not concede a goal, is a redundant argument.
Sorry mate it's not redundant at all. I'm capable of assessing a player and a game, irrespective of the result, or in the case of a striker or keeper, whether they've scored or conceded. Your problem is that you analyse like a 10 year old, basing your opinion on game to game performances. A keeper can keep a clean sheet, yet still look like a liability and conversely, can concede 3 or 4, but clearly be a quality act.

Ramsdale is an accident waiting to happen every time I watch him play. He's a shot stopper, but even then the ball can come off him straight into the danger zone. He flaps at crosses, his positioning and decision making is poor and it's more than once that he's dithered on the ball and been caught out. If it doesn't lead to a goal, that really doesn't mean that there's nothing wrong. He is also chaotic and over demonstrative, with his shouting and arm waving. Defenders want a calm influence behind them and he's anything but.

No point arguing with you, I'll remind you when he fucks up. We sold a far better keeper.
And that would be ????????

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:22 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

A World Cup winner.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

And that the whole point of your argument...all this just to tell us all you "told us so" if and when he has a bad game leads to us losing. A bit sad really. Enjoy your moment when it happens!.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:09 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

And that the whole point of your argument...all this just to tell us all you "told us so" if and when he has a bad game leads to us losing. A bit sad really. Enjoy your moment when it happens!.

Mate, you've made a big point of taking me on over this. You're entitled to express an opinion, just as I am, but you wanted a battle over this, so yeah, I'll be reminding you if he fucks up.

That, of course, is very different to enjoying his fuck ups. I watch him like a fucking nervous wreck, knowing a mistake is looming. When he fucks up I'm furious, because we sold a much better keeper and replaced him with Ramsdale. As with Xhaka, that's not the player's fault, it's the fault of the decision maker/s.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:59 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

A World Cup winner, purely by chance because they don't have anyone else, besides he's an utter prick who behaves like a child and has no class, so he should never be part of THE Arsenal set-up; Arsenal (once) a by-word for Class.

Naaaah! I disagree. :D

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:02 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

A World Cup winner.

Then I shall be reminding you too!

:lol: :wink:
Last edited by Retro Gunner on Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:35 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:02 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

A World Cup winner, purely by chance because they don't have anyone else, besides he's an utter prick who behaves like a child and has no class, so he should never be part of THE Arsenal set-up; Arsenal (once) a by-word for Class.

Then I shall be reminding you too!

:lol: :wink:
And I you... :box: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Is it time to give Matt Turner a run in the Premier League, barely put a foot wrong in the matches he's played this season, including the World Cup?

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:47 pm
Is it time to give Matt Turner a run in the Premier League, barely put a foot wrong in the matches he's played this season, including the World Cup?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Best goalie in the league! 8)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

MOTM match winning performance in the NLD. Partey the real motm in my opinion, Neville's done that to make it look like they battered us. But, made 4 great saves, caught and punched at the right time. The kid is learning. I hope he carries on the form next week.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Wasnt motm in a million years did well, no mistakes no flaps, made one good save others all routine. Perfectly fine today.

as you say neville did it to make it sound like scum battered us, the studio pundits, saha, merse and redcunt all said how ridiculous it was. Neville hates us.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The Met announced that they received a report of an assault on an Arsenal player. I hope the cowardly little scum cùnt responsible has his life ruined by this. :box:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:00 pm
The Met announced that they received a report of an assault on an Arsenal player. I hope the cowardly little scum cùnt responsible has his life ruined by this. :box:

The scum c.unt that done it is Irish - worse still the c.unt is from Laois (my county). B*stard does dj in few pubs in portlaoise :censored: :censored: