Aaron Ramsdale...worrying

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: Aaron Ramsdale...worrying

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

augie wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:14 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:00 pm
The Met announced that they received a report of an assault on an Arsenal player. I hope the cowardly little scum cùnt responsible has his life ruined by this. :box:

The scum c.unt that done it is Irish - worse still the c.unt is from Laois (my county). B*stard does dj in few pubs in portlaoise :censored: :censored:
Welcome back buddy

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:14 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:00 pm
The Met announced that they received a report of an assault on an Arsenal player. I hope the cowardly little scum cùnt responsible has his life ruined by this. :box:

The scum c.unt that done it is Irish - worse still the c.unt is from Laois (my county). B*stard does dj in few pubs in portlaoise :censored: :censored:
REALLY??!! Name and shame augster. :box:

And welcome back. :wink:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

For the sake of balance, it's important that I post here and congratulate Ramsdale for a very good performance yesterday. The MOTM award was over the top, because other than two, the saves were pretty much routine, but as the playing mantis said, no silly mistakes, no poor judgement, no flapping at crosses. I also liked the fact that there were no over the top histrionics, with the chest bumping (wtf is that with modern footballers?!) and high fiving.

If he carries on like this, then I'll be happy, but one swallow doesn't make a summer. For the record, I'd love him to become a top keeper, but need to see a lot more of what we saw yesterday.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:15 pm
For the sake of balance, it's important that I post here and congratulate Ramsdale for a very good performance yesterday. The MOTM award was over the top, because other than two, the saves were pretty much routine, but as the playing mantis said, no silly mistakes, no poor judgement, no flapping at crosses. I also liked the fact that there were no over the top histrionics, with the chest bumping (wtf is that with modern footballers?!) and high fiving.

If he carries on like this, then I'll be happy, but one swallow doesn't make a summer. For the record, I'd love him to become a top keeper, but need to see a lot more of what we saw yesterday.
Still better than Martinez :lol:

OneBardGooner

Aaron Ramsdale Our Best Goalie Since Seaman.

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:30 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:

And Leno!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:30 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:

:lol: Sorry IW8, but can't go that far. Quite a way to go before anyone can claim that he's better than the Villa fans' player of the season and the World Cup winning goalkeeper...and given the penalty shoot-outs, highly instrumental in the win. If Ramsdale turns out to be as good as Emi, I'll be well chuffed.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

No it's not.

He is simply a far better goalie than the Argentinian Prick.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Had a bit of flap at the corner that led to Martinez's goal, although got to give some credit for a clever finish. Wasn't his most confident performance again against manure. Excellent save from rashford to compensate for his mistake, a bit lucky with the bounce seen them drop in the next a few times.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Generally, Aaron is fine. Though, it’s worrying how he flaps around during corners/free kicks only to then not be able to claim the ball.

2nd United goal, completely down to him. Either leave the defender to challenge the ball OR punch the ball away from danger area. He does none and pushes the ball towards Martinez. It’s just his inability to at times claim the ball that’s worrying. The one blunder where he rushed out to get Rashford and luckily the latter fell, otherwise it was a tap-in for him. Though, he did well there - hadn’t he rushed out, Rashford would’ve taken it 1v1 and likely score.

On the other hand, solid game overall. Great save to deny Rashford’s attempt which would’ve put them 3-2 up.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:31 pm
No it's not.

I mean, sure, based on what?

Some people just say Ramsdale > Martinez because they’re bitter or just want to hate.

Let’s not forget how instrumental he was for us in that short period of time and how monumental he was in December for Argentina. You can’t be a shit keeper and routinely make world class saves at the World Cup.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Rian1 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:21 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
No it's not.

Some people just say Ramsdale > Martinez because they’re bitter or just want to hate.

Let’s not forget how instrumental he was for us in that short period of time and how monumental he was in December for Argentina. You can’t be a shit keeper and routinely make world class saves at the World Cup.

I hadn't noticed Bard's post previously. Rian makes a fair point Bard, on what basis are you making Ramsdale a better keeper than Martinez?

I think there's little doubt that most football followers who aren't Arsenal or Villa fans, would pick Martinez as the better keeper. I saw the highlights of the Soton / Villa game on MOTD and Martinez made some cracking saves. Saints should have won it, but he kept Villa in it and they nicked a late winner. Yesterday, Ramsdale handed Utd their equaliser.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:07 pm
Had a bit of flap at the corner that led to Martinez's goal, although got to give some credit for a clever finish. Wasn't his most confident performance again against manure. Excellent save from rashford to compensate for his mistake, a bit lucky with the bounce seen them drop in the next a few times.

"A bit of a flap" :lol: . More than "a bit", he properly fucked up. Whether the finish was clever or otherwise is irrelevant, if Ramsdale doesn't fail to catch the ball (he shouldn't have been trying to), then the ball doesn't drop to Martinez to finish.

Yep, excellent save from Rashford, but that doesn't offset the error. He's there to make saves, but not to make schoolboy errors. He's a shot stopper, but that's all. His judgement and positioning are truly iffy and I've said plenty of times on here that he's dreadful with crosses and flaps constantly. Teams will soon cotton on to that weakness and it was no surprise that Utd were mobbing him at set pieces.

I'm expecting at least one serious fuck up every time we play and he's going to cost us. He almost did yesterday.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:11 am
Rian1 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
No it's not.

I hadn't noticed Bard's post previously. Rian makes a fair point Bard, on what basis are you making Ramsdale a better keeper than Martinez?

I think there's little doubt that most football followers who aren't Arsenal or Villa fans, would pick Martinez as the better keeper. I saw the highlights of the Soton / Villa game on MOTD and Martinez made some cracking saves. Saints should have won it, but he kept Villa in it and they nicked a late winner. Yesterday, Ramsdale handed Utd their equaliser.

On what basis do you base that? - You seem to think you can speak for all football fans whose allegiances are not to Arsenal or the Villains...

There was a reason Martinez was second GK till Leno got injured and yes he did well, but also another reason why Arteta sold him instead of making him 1st GK over Leno.

There are certain types of players; not just goalies whose predilection is to be a "Prick" and act one. ie: Conduct themselves in a manner befitting Stupidity, regardless of the circumstances. Martinez is one of those and before anyone says that doesn't automatically make that player not good, it does point to their Psychological and Moralistic profile as being something below average intelligence and awareness and those that cannot see that are by definition of the same ilk.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:20 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:11 am
Rian1 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
No it's not.

On what basis do you base that? - You seem to think you can speak for all football fans whose allegiances are not to Arsenal or the Villains...

There was a reason Martinez was second GK till Leno got injured and yes he did well, but also another reason why Arteta sold him instead of making him 1st GK over Leno.

There are certain types of players; not just goalies whose predilection is to be a "Prick" and act one. ie: Conduct themselves in a manner befitting Stupidity, regardless of the circumstances. Martinez is one of those and before anyone says that doesn't automatically make that player not good, it does point to their Psychological and Moralistic profile as being something below average intelligence and awareness and those that cannot see that are by definition of the same ilk.

Yep, I do think most football fans would pick Martinez over Ramsdale. My opinion, but any non partisan supporter watching the two perform would have to reach that decision...unless they're clueless about the game of course.

So you think the reason that Arteta chose Leno over Martinez was because Emi has psychological issues and poor moral standards? How the fuck do you know that?? Martinez acted like a prat after winning the WC, but you're drawing an awful lot of speculative conclusions from that....unless there's something else you know?

I don't see Villa or the Argentine national team having issues with his mental and moral disorders :? , perhaps they like the fact that he's a top quality keeper.

In the meantime, we can keep watching Ramsdale flapping at crosses and making costly fuck ups, but hey, maybe he's a bastion of moral virtue, who knows?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Jaysus lads it's time to build that bridge.