Aaron Ramsdale...worrying

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: Aaron Ramsdale...worrying

Post by Retro Gunner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:59 am
Jaysus lads it's time to build that bridge.

You're right IW8, but we're all entitled to express an opinion about a player that we don't think is good enough, without what DB10 refers to as "the fan boys" getting upset. I've never understood this idea that because a player wears the red and white shirt, he's beyond reproach. It's seeing the world through red and white eyes that has held the club back. I've had a Gooner recently tell me that Xhaka has been "world class" this season! :shock: :lol:

We're all entitled to our opinions, but they'll often show up a suspect understanding of the game. We've got Ramsdale and we've made our bed, so unless Arteta gets shot of him, we've got to lie in it. What I can't understand is how anyone can try to mount a sensible argument that he is a better keeper than Martinez, when all the evidence shows otherwise.

Few seem to mind the constant barracking that Xhaka deservedly gets on here and I won't apologise for highlighting my concerns over Ramsdale. I'd love for him to prove me wrong, but so far, he's reinforcing my doubts. He could easily have cost us yesterday and that's not unusual.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

whether one is better than the other doesnt matter now . One has gone the other is here .
Looking at the incident yesterday I felt that it was down to communication , Ramsdale came for the ball but was blocked by Tomiyasu jumping backwards to head it and missing it . whether a call would have made a difference is moot but I wonder if he shouted for it .

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:33 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:20 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:11 am
Rian1 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:21 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:31 pm
No it's not.

He is simply a far better goalie than the Argentinian Prick.
I mean, sure, based on what?

Some people just say Ramsdale > Martinez because they’re bitter or just want to hate.

Let’s not forget how instrumental he was for us in that short period of time and how monumental he was in December for Argentina. You can’t be a shit keeper and routinely make world class saves at the World Cup.

I hadn't noticed Bard's post previously. Rian makes a fair point Bard, on what basis are you making Ramsdale a better keeper than Martinez?

I think there's little doubt that most football followers who aren't Arsenal or Villa fans, would pick Martinez as the better keeper. I saw the highlights of the Soton / Villa game on MOTD and Martinez made some cracking saves. Saints should have won it, but he kept Villa in it and they nicked a late winner. Yesterday, Ramsdale handed Utd their equaliser.

On what basis do you base that? - You seem to think you can speak for all football fans whose allegiances are not to Arsenal or the Villains...

There was a reason Martinez was second GK till Leno got injured and yes he did well, but also another reason why Arteta sold him instead of making him 1st GK over Leno.

There are certain types of players; not just goalies whose predilection is to be a "Prick" and act one. ie: Conduct themselves in a manner befitting Stupidity, regardless of the circumstances. Martinez is one of those and before anyone says that doesn't automatically make that player not good, it does point to their Psychological and Moralistic profile as being something below average intelligence and awareness and those that cannot see that are by definition of the same ilk.

Yep, I do think most football fans would pick Martinez over Ramsdale. My opinion, but any non partisan supporter watching the two perform would have to reach that decision...unless they're clueless about the game of course.

So you think the reason that Arteta chose Leno over Martinez was because Emi has psychological issues and poor moral standards? How the fuck do you know that?? Martinez acted like a prat after winning the WC, but you're drawing an awful lot of speculative conclusions from that....unless there's something else you know?

I don't see Villa or the Argentine national team having issues with his mental and moral disorders :? , perhaps they like the fact that he's a top quality keeper.

In the meantime, we can keep watching Ramsdale flapping at crosses and making costly fuck ups, but hey, maybe he's a bastion of moral virtue, who knows?
Yet again you are unable to read what has been written, you put your own twist on it.

I did not say he had (your words not mine) "psychological issues" - There is and has been (in the general population globally) a lowering of Intelligence - what might referred to as 'the Unconscious" - Those who think they can act in whatever way they deem fit whether it be offensive to Decent Morals or not... Footballers are not exempt from that ; mind you neither are some of the posters on here :wink: )... Martinez's 'conduct during the WC aftermath celebrations showed him to be without Class; furthermore intelligence and the self-awareness to know and recognise it...

One of the reasons I believe Arteta chose Leno over Martinez was because he saw this in him, another reason because Leno was and is a better keeper.

Anyone witnessing how Martinez conducted himself would either think it was normal and acceptable behaviour or see it for what it was; poor behaviour, unintelligent and simply embarrassing.

You state "but any non partisan supporter watching the two perform would have to reach that decision" but that is your opinion and in my opinion mis-placed and whilst we are all entitled to our own opinion based on our perceptions and understanding of things, you seem unable to accept that opinions will and do differ from your own, only to make out "they're clueless about the game", Some might say the exact same of your opinions...

But hey! Why let Freedom of Speech and a Differing Opinion not be permitted simply because an opinion does not fall in line with your own.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Play nice now, guys. :wink:

We all have different opinions. For example, I think Lefty is a great guy, even if he is an Ewok. Spuddy used to hate him though. Something to do with the Second War Of The Dwarves or some such shite. :lol: :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:02 pm

We all have different opinions. For example, I think Lefty is a great guy, even if he is an Ewok. Spuddy used to hate him though. Something to do with the Second War Of The Dwarves or some such shite. :lol: :wink:
:lol: :lol:

Spuddy was sadly KIA in said war, hit by a wrotten tomato after being captured and put in stocks :( :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:19 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:02 pm

Spuddy was sadly KIA in said war, hit by a wrotten tomato after being captured and put in stocks :( :lol:
I didn't know Spuddy even wore socks! :shock: I mean what with webbed feet etc. :D

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:03 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:33 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:20 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:11 am
Rian1 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:21 am

I mean, sure, based on what?

Some people just say Ramsdale > Martinez because they’re bitter or just want to hate.

Let’s not forget how instrumental he was for us in that short period of time and how monumental he was in December for Argentina. You can’t be a shit keeper and routinely make world class saves at the World Cup.

I hadn't noticed Bard's post previously. Rian makes a fair point Bard, on what basis are you making Ramsdale a better keeper than Martinez?

I think there's little doubt that most football followers who aren't Arsenal or Villa fans, would pick Martinez as the better keeper. I saw the highlights of the Soton / Villa game on MOTD and Martinez made some cracking saves. Saints should have won it, but he kept Villa in it and they nicked a late winner. Yesterday, Ramsdale handed Utd their equaliser.

On what basis do you base that? - You seem to think you can speak for all football fans whose allegiances are not to Arsenal or the Villains...

There was a reason Martinez was second GK till Leno got injured and yes he did well, but also another reason why Arteta sold him instead of making him 1st GK over Leno.

There are certain types of players; not just goalies whose predilection is to be a "Prick" and act one. ie: Conduct themselves in a manner befitting Stupidity, regardless of the circumstances. Martinez is one of those and before anyone says that doesn't automatically make that player not good, it does point to their Psychological and Moralistic profile as being something below average intelligence and awareness and those that cannot see that are by definition of the same ilk.

Yep, I do think most football fans would pick Martinez over Ramsdale. My opinion, but any non partisan supporter watching the two perform would have to reach that decision...unless they're clueless about the game of course.

So you think the reason that Arteta chose Leno over Martinez was because Emi has psychological issues and poor moral standards? How the fuck do you know that?? Martinez acted like a prat after winning the WC, but you're drawing an awful lot of speculative conclusions from that....unless there's something else you know?

I don't see Villa or the Argentine national team having issues with his mental and moral disorders :? , perhaps they like the fact that he's a top quality keeper.

In the meantime, we can keep watching Ramsdale flapping at crosses and making costly fuck ups, but hey, maybe he's a bastion of moral virtue, who knows?
Yet again you are unable to read what has been written, you put your own twist on it.

I did not say he had (your words not mine) "psychological issues" - There is and has been (in the general population globally) a lowering of Intelligence - what might referred to as 'the Unconscious" - Those who think they can act in whatever way they deem fit whether it be offensive to Decent Morals or not... Footballers are not exempt from that ; mind you neither are some of the posters on here :wink: )... Martinez's 'conduct during the WC aftermath celebrations showed him to be without Class; furthermore intelligence and the self-awareness to know and recognise it...

One of the reasons I believe Arteta chose Leno over Martinez was because he saw this in him, another reason because Leno was and is a better keeper.

Anyone witnessing how Martinez conducted himself would either think it was normal and acceptable behaviour or see it for what it was; poor behaviour, unintelligent and simply embarrassing.

You state "but any non partisan supporter watching the two perform would have to reach that decision" but that is your opinion and in my opinion mis-placed and whilst we are all entitled to our own opinion based on our perceptions and understanding of things, you seem unable to accept that opinions will and do differ from your own, only to make out "they're clueless about the game", Some might say the exact same of your opinions...

But hey! Why let Freedom of Speech and a Differing Opinion not be permitted simply because an opinion does not fall in line with your own.

Sorry mate, but you clearly questioned his psychological well being, as well as his intelligence. You're concluding from his ill-advised conduct after the WC, that he is challenged psychologically, morally and intellectually and that it is the reason that Arteta dropped him in favour of Leno and then let him go. That's one hell of a leap, unless you have some serious inside information that the rest of us...and the media...are unaware of. I think you need to lay off the pseudo pyscho babble. Quite how you bring into a discussion about goalkeepers that there's a global lowering of intelligence, which is fuelling poor moral and behavioural conduct and that's why Arteta got shot of Martinez, well fuck knows? A staggering conclusion and entirely without evidence. :oops:

I'm judging him on what we know and that's his goalkeeping ability. In my opinion he's comfortably ahead of Leno (who Arteta quickly lost confidence in) and Ramsdale. Yes, that's my opinion, but sure, you're perfectly entitled to yours. Some people still believe the world is flat...the evidence seems to be against the notion, but they're free to believe it. I'm still wondering how the players and management at Villa and the Argentine national team, are managing to cope with Emi's lack of both intelligence and moral rectitude...I guess it's because of his goalkeeping ability and his World Cup winners medal.

OneBardGooner

Re: Aaron Ramsdale Arsenal's Best Goalie Since Seaman.

Post by OneBardGooner »

Don't apologise for being wrong, we are used to it by now! :lol:

No I didn't if you read (No! I mean "Read" my post you will see I didn't , either that or I refer you to the bit about unconsciousness.

I have more important things to do with my time and energy than ekucide further, as you seem intent on not accepting another or a differing opinion.

In a nutshell

You think martinez is better than Ramsey - I disagree.

We shall see over the next few seasons.

ps: The World Is Neither Round, Elliptical nor Flat.... In truth it doesn't exist; it is part of an illusionary reality... That Reality is "Maintained" by a Collective of Thought - Which is borne of the ego...

Try some Eckhart Tolle and perhaps that will explain the beginnings of that.
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

shu

Post by shu »

Blimey rowing over Ramsdale really.

Well this forum likes a good negative vibe doesn’t it.

Yes well done !!!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:05 pm
Don't apologise for being wrong, we are used to it by now! :lol:

No I didn't if you read (No! I mean "Read" my post you will see I didn't , either that or I refer you to the bit about unconsciousness.

I have more important things to do with my time and energy than ekucide further, as you seem intent on not accepting another or a differing opinion.

In a nutshell

You think martinez is better than Ramsey - I disagree.

We shall see over the next few seasons.

ps: The World Is Neither Round, Elliptical nor Flat.... In truth it doesn't exist; it is part of an illusionary reality... That Reality is "Maintained" by a Collective of Thought - Which is borne of the ego...

Try some Eckhart Tolle and perhaps that will explain the beginnings of that.

:lol: :lol: Discussing goalkeepers and now we're into the realms of Eckhart Tolle and an illusory world. Read some Tolle about 15 years ago...interesting, but didn't help my goalkeeping judgement.

No apology from me mate and I'd strongly suggest that this quote from you is questioning his psychological well-being, "it does point to their Psychological and Moralistic profile as being something below average intelligence and awareness". Odd wording, but certainly questioning Martinez's psychological state.

Anyway, I agree, we'll see how the keepers perform in future.

Btw, what the fuck does "ekucide" mean?? Is it something that's round, flat, or elliptical, or maybe it doesn't exist? :rubchin:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

shu wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:01 pm
Blimey rowing over Ramsdale really.

Well this forum likes a good negative vibe doesn’t it.

Yes well done !!!

No, we've moved on to Eckhart Tolle, please keep up.

OneBardGooner

Re: Aaron Ramsdale Arsenal's Best Goalie Since Seaman

Post by OneBardGooner »

Oh! FFS Please *PLEASE" don't get Shu involved with E.Tolle - That would open a whole can of Quantum Entanglement (and Worms.). :|

OneBardGooner

Re: Aaron Ramsdale Arsenal's Best Goalie Since Seaman

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps:Pre emptive typing shyte

Should have said "Elucidate"

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Can you 2 just get it over with and fck each other and be done with it. All this intellectual flirting is derailing the thread!

I'm having to read it thinking there's meaningful posts and it's a lot of cerebral stuff over my head!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:45 am
Can you 2 just get it over with and fck each other and be done with it. All this intellectual flirting is derailing the thread!

I'm having to read it thinking there's meaningful posts and it's a lot of cerebral stuff over my head!