Aaron Ramsdale...worrying

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Aaron Ramsdale...worrying

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ramsdale has his issues, no doubt, but that fingertip match-saving save onto the crossbar was quality.

We should consider getting Emi back though. And play him as a 9. :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:34 pm
Ramsdale has his issues, no doubt, but that fingertip match-saving save onto the crossbar was quality.

:coffeespit: Quality Mate ... QUALITY!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Good save no doubt, DB, but there'd have been murders on here if he hadn't made it. Few, not even me, doubt his ability as a shot stopper (although the ball can fly anywhere off him) but it's his positioning, decision making and his flapping at crosses that worry me. Oh and his fucking about with the ball at his feet.

As for Emi, he deserved all he got today, given his time wasting, but the goals don't reflect on his ability. Emery was unhappy that he went up for the corner, so that's on Martinez, but the goals were nothing to do with poor goalkeeping.

It has become evident on here recently that more and more posters have doubts about Ramsdale, but there's a reluctance to air those doubts fully. Not sure why that is, but he clearly makes people nervous. I've said all along that I hope he comes good, but I'm quite a way from being convinced yet.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:34 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Good save no doubt, DB, but there'd have been murders on here if he hadn't made it. Few, not even me, doubt his ability as a shot stopper (although the ball can fly anywhere off him) but it's his positioning, decision making and his flapping at crosses that worry me. Oh and his fucking about with the ball at his feet.

As for Emi, he deserved all he got today, given his time wasting, but the goals don't reflect on his ability. Emery was unhappy that he went up for the corner, so that's on Martinez, but the goals were nothing to do with poor goalkeeping.

It has become evident on here recently that more and more posters have doubts about Ramsdale, but there's a reluctance to air those doubts fully. Not sure why that is, but he clearly makes people nervous. I've said all along that I hope he comes good, but I'm quite a way from being convinced yet.
Absolutely agree. I still think of Martinez, Butter Wrists and Ramsdale, that Ramsdale is slightly the best if the three ahead of Emi, and both of them miles ahead of Butter Wrists, but when Ramsdale has the ball at his feet or is exchanging suicide passes with our defenders in the box, my heart is in my mouth. :|

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:18 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Absolutely agree. I still think of Martinez, Butter Wrists and Ramsdale, that Ramsdale is slightly the best if the three ahead of Emi, and both of them miles ahead of Butter Wrists, but when Ramsdale has the ball at his feet or is exchanging suicide passes with our defenders in the box, my heart is in my mouth. :|
But not as much as Leno passing to Mustafi or Luiz !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:31 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:18 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

But not as much as Leno passing to Mustafi or Luiz !
Also very very true. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Re: Aaron Ramsdale The BEST Goalie in The Prem

Post by OneBardGooner »

" HE SCORES WITH HIS HEAAAAAAAD! EMI MARTINEZ, HE SCORES WITH HIS HEAAAAAAD!" :coffeespit:
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Ramsdale is surely the best shot stopper around at the moment. The catalogue of great saves is growing by the week. Yes he's a bit flappy at set plays sometimes and probably lacks that mature, calming presence at times....but that save yesterday was simply brilliant and a game changer in terms of the direction of the season

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:50 am
Ramsdale is surely the best shot stopper around at the moment. The catalogue of great saves is growing by the week. Yes he's a bit flappy at set plays sometimes and probably lacks that mature, calming presence at times....but that save yesterday was simply brilliant and a game changer in terms of the direction of the season
Do the likes of Courtois and Pope play golf? :lol:

Jk. He’s good and makes crucial saves but wouldn’t categorise him as the best at any category.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Might have won us the league today and his running to celebrate with nelson?
I wouldnt swap him for any keeper in plge!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

His save today after they cut us open was world class ,and tbh for most of the game he had fuck all to do

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I have a mate who used to manage a local team, I played indoor with him every fri nite, I wasn't a footballer but I could put the ball in the net , he used to say to me "you make the run and I'll find you" and he always did!
He also said, "get a good keeper and you're halfway there"

OneBardGooner

Re: Aaron Ramsdale The BEST Goalie In The Prem!

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:15 pm
Might have won us the league today and his running to celebrate with nelson?
I wouldnt swap him for any keeper in plge!
Agreed 1,000,000% - Not even for some ArgiePrick whose ego is out of the window and thinks he is better than he is. :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

That save yesterday when Bournemouth was one up with 2 players clean through on goal was breathtaking.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:49 am
That save yesterday when Bournemouth was one up with 2 players clean through on goal was breathtaking.

Absolutely vital save. The save in the second half when their guy shot from a very acute angle was also important. Not so good was the pass straight to one of their players in the second half, but he's improving of late. His shot stopping was never in question (although the ball can fly anywhere off him at times), but it's his decision making, judgement and flapping at crosses that is the issue.

I find it strange that posters on here will harshly judge any player in the squad, some on the basis of one poor game amongst many decent ones, but Ramsdale seems to be off limits to a lot of you. He's far from the finished article and as much as I'd like him to become the best keeper in the league, I won't be deluding myself that he's already there.