Aaron Ramsdale...worrying

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
A11M11

Re: Aaron Ramsdale...worrying

Post by A11M11 »

So Chelsea have signed Robert Sanchez Spanish international goalkeeper for £25 million , which puts the £ 40 million Brentford want for Raya into perspective.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

A better keeper wouldn't have won us the league last year, a better CB back up and CF would have.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

As ever Lefty gets to the heart & truth of the Matter! :high5: :D

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:23 pm
A better keeper wouldn't have won us the league last year, a better CB back up and CF would have.
Disagree about Ramsdale, his drop-off in form was at the same time as the rest of the team. And despite that he made two breathtaking saves against both Liverpool and Bournemouth, worth 4 points in their own right.

Yeah, he made some howlers after that, but as he explained last week a lot of stuff was going on in his life right then. In professional sport being mentally right can make a difference.

For me, Saliba was the main reason we fell away and who knows might have been the difference between winning the league.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:26 am
Disagree about Ramsdale, his drop-off in form was at the same time as the rest of the team. And despite that he made two breathtaking saves against both Liverpool and Bournemouth, worth 4 points in their own right.

Yeah, he made some howlers after that, but as he explained last week a lot of stuff was going on in his life right then. In professional sport being mentally right can make a difference.

For me, Saliba was the main reason we fell away and who knows might have been the difference between winning the league.
His absence and "Clive"

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

What cost us the league was Lobotomy Clive being a moronic selfish arsehole and costing us the win against the victims*. That broke our momentum. Psychologically we started to have doubts. We looked a completely different and broken team right from the very next game.

If Lobotomy Clive had not acted the cûnt and we had beaten the mousers*, we would have gone on to win the league.

Mentality is everything at the very top. And when you have a very young and relatively inexperienced team and manager it is even more vital that nothing stupid affects that mentality.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:41 am
What cost us the league was Lobotomy Clive being a moronic selfish arsehole and costing us the win against the victims*. That broke our momentum. Psychologically we started to have doubts. We looked a completely different and broken team right from the very next game.

If Lobotomy Clive had not acted the cûnt and we had beaten the mousers*, we would have gone on to win the league.

Mentality is everything at the very top. And when you have a very young and relatively inexperienced team and manager it is even more vital that nothing stupid affects that mentality.

^^^This^^^1,000%

LeftfootlegendGooner

nut flush gooner wrote:

Isn't that what I said :?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:10 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

:lol: :lol:
That's what I thought.

Nut flush doesn't think that Ramsdale was responsible for our failure to clinch the league and neither do you, but he disagrees with you. :lol: :barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:48 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

That's what I thought.

Nut flush doesn't think that Ramsdale was responsible for our failure to clinch the league and neither do you, but he disagrees with you. :lol: :barscarf:

Thought for a minute that I'd entered the twilight zone :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:54 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

That's what I thought.

You have... I mean you did... You are... I mean .... :rubchin:

LeftfootlegendGooner

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:06 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

That's what I thought.

You have... I mean you did... You are... I mean .... :rubchin:
:rubchin: :hmmthink: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

That's what I thought.

I kept rereading it thinking "what am I missing here?!" :lol: :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:09 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

That's what I thought.

I kept rereading it thinking "what am I missing here?!" :lol: :wink:
:lol:

Mate I read it some many times I went cross eyed :? :lol: , which reminds me of a joke

I used to go out with a cross eyed girl but I ended it.

I thought she was seeing someone else.