Aaron Ramsdale...worrying

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Aaron Ramsdale...worrying

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:45 pm
I was thinking of buying one of those roll-neck sweaters Raya is wearing. :D
I'm sure it would look far better on you mate than that UggoFucko :D

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Not sure how recent this is but an interview from Ramsdale to Ian Wright where he admits he can't concentrate fully in games. The look from Wrighty says it all!

https://twitter.com/RN24_AFC/status/1724189251779104869

Not a good admission tbh

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:37 am
Not sure how recent this is but an interview from Ramsdale to Ian Wright where he admits he can't concentrate fully in games. The look from Wrighty says it all!

Not a good admission tbh

Not a good admission at all. Might explain a few things.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

His father has been mouthing off in the media. Doing the lad no favours by calling out his manager publicly the silly old fucker. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Not a good admission tbh
Wrighty's face! :lol:

In his head Wrighty is thinking "are you fucking mental?" :lol: :wink:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Not a good admission tbh
He’s basically confirming what I highlighted in September.
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:34 pm
Go to the 1:18 mark, and watch this in its full and this.

He’s not that good to be that cocky. The first and third videos annoys me the most, the ball was still in play and he’s giving a quick dig at the Brentford fans because they hit the post. Why is that his first thought?

He’s not that good to be that cocky. The first and third videos annoys me the most, the ball was still in play and he’s giving a quick dig at the Brentford fans because they hit the post. Why is that his first thought?
He won’t ever become a top goalkeeper.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:39 pm

Not a good admission tbh
He’s basically confirming what I highlighted in September.

He won’t ever become a top goalkeeper.

I agree. That doesn't make either of us a fan of Raya (or certainly not on the evidence so far!), but Ramsdale isn't the answer. Surely it can't be that difficult to find a top keeper?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:51 pm

Not a good admission tbh

:lol: :lol: It looks like that's exactly what he's thinking.

Still, no need to worry, he says he only turns off for 2-3 minutes at a time with what he calls "madness in me head" and then he's ok for 15 minutes. :shock:

I wonder how many times the opposition can score in those 2-3 minute spells when he's not concentrating, or is arguing with the supporters?? :lol:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:04 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Not a good admission tbh

Still, no need to worry, he says he only turns off for 2-3 minutes at a time with what he calls "madness in me head" and then he's ok for 15 minutes. :shock:

I wonder how many times the opposition can score in those 2-3 minute spells when he's not concentrating, or is arguing with the supporters?? :lol:
We might find out v Brentford !

His conceding of the first shot on target stat was pretty woeful, so maybe that goes some way to explaining it ?

I like him, makes some exceptional saves, then lets himself down with something ridiculous.
Maybe he has a version of ADHD or similar, where he just gets easily distracted?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:53 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:04 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Not a good admission tbh

We might find out v Brentford !

His conceding of the first shot on target stat was pretty woeful, so maybe that goes some way to explaining it ?

I like him, makes some exceptional saves, then lets himself down with something ridiculous.
Maybe he has a version of ADHD or similar, where he just gets easily distracted?
It definitely sounds like some kind of psychological condition. When you look at his carry on and then his old man's desperate attention seeking (turning up at games with the ridiculous hats) I can't help but be slightly reminded of the way gazza used to carry on and was enabled by those around him. Although I would say Ramsdales condition - if he has a condition - is obviously of a far less destructive nature than gazza's.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

So is that ramsdales career over before it got going, he cant keep his trap shut which he learned from his Dad. How the old man is getting air time ill never know. Perhaps a career as Aaron Ramsdales dad is more important to him then being you know..his actual dad......what a muppet!!

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

xgtdec wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:14 am
So is that ramsdales career over before it got going, he cant keep his trap shut which he learned from his Dad. How the old man is getting air time ill never know. Perhaps a career as Aaron Ramsdales dad is more important to him then being you know..his actual dad......what a muppet!!
Funny how this forum that has been massive critics of Arteta (and still is really), can't see the poor management in keeping silent instead of explaining the position and leaving Ramsdale to feed off snippets from Arteta's media coverage to figure out where he is.

You can't have two number ones in any big club, period, and yet Arteta tried exactly that and then tried to portray that both keepers would fight for the number one spot, almost a Shilton/Clemence situation where they would alternate until one prevailed. Well it's been nothing of the sort. Ramsdale is now on his way out, and I hope for Arteta's sake Raya comes good. Or this will be a big blemish on his record.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:14 pm
xgtdec wrote:
Funny how this forum that has been massive critics of Arteta (and still is really), can't see the poor management in keeping silent instead of explaining the position and leaving Ramsdale to feed off snippets from Arteta's media coverage to figure out where he is.

You can't have two number ones in any big club, period, and yet Arteta tried exactly that and then tried to portray that both keepers would fight for the number one spot, almost a Shilton/Clemence situation where they would alternate until one prevailed. Well it's been nothing of the sort. Ramsdale is now on his way out, and I hope for Arteta's sake Raya comes good. Or this will be a big blemish on his record.
I think you'll find that has been mentioned a few times on here! :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:13 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:14 pm
xgtdec wrote:

I think you'll find that has been mentioned a few times on here! :lol:

:lol: Yep, I believe one or two have questioned Arteta's management both generally and on this particular issue. If memory serves me well, Augie might have mentioned the "two number ones" keeper situation once or twice. :rubchin: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC: David Seaman On Ramsdale:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67485327