Fulham fartholes H Sat 27th Aug KO 530pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wilson2.0

Re: Fulham fartholes H Sat 27th Aug KO 530pm

Post by wilson2.0 »

Another goal of a corner. Thats three goals scored from corners in four games now. Stacking the 6 yard box and whipping it in is the way to go. Martinelli botched about three corners that game with Leno collecting it, but it worked for the winner.

Saka also needs to be rested. Relative to the impact Jesus an Martinelli are having on games he is well below the pace. Nketiah upfront with Jesus and Martinelli rotating, or ESR for Saka. We clearly need to start rotating as Saka looks like he is burning out. I dont want to see him start against Villa.

weve also been good at the back this year, and Ramsdale has made some brilliant saves. But of the three goals we have conceded 2 have been pretty poor errors. Saliba's own goal and Gabriel being robbed of the ball. Were shutting the opposition out with some great defending but forgetting to lock the back doors giving these type of goals away. we need to be as ruthless at the park as we are at the front. Weve conceded three goals this year but it really should only be 1.

beck

Post by beck »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:31 pm
beck wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:59 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:36 pm
cameron326 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:31 pm
Nice. That’ll have made a few other teams take notice. Odegaard playing like Bergkamp. If only Nketiah could sharpen up his finishing a bit. Otherwise maybe need an upgrade in January.
Odergaard as DB is a very good comparison. Reminds me of when we started 1997-98 like a train and suddenly looked dangerous and confident and Bergkamp was the best player in the world. Nketiah looked sharp when he came on and I do think he could be the difference for us when we have those winter Sunday games after travelling away in Europe. If we can get one more decent signing in by the end of the month, I'll be happy but as it is, right now, I'm enjoying the winning mentality and style of play. Top of the league, lovely.
We drew 1-1 at Leeds opening day 97/98
And despite Denis’s hat Rick we conceded twice last at Leicester
Had 8 points from our first 4 games
I know, mate. I remember it well. I was thinking more in terms of how we seemed to be playing with a sense of purpose and determination and had rediscovered a winning mentality after a few years of treading water. That start of 97-98 was met with optimism and a sense of rebirth. I'm not saying we've got it just yet but over the last few months, it does feel like a corner has been turned at the club and that the supporters are more connected.
To me it felt different to the days when we would dominate games and get beaten by one long ball
As good as we were to watch then,we had a degree of repetition where as now I think we have much more improvisation taking place
The end product was missing yesterday but we found a way
Eddie gave us a more direct option
And the scrappy nature of the winner was encouraging
Only in the realms of the rose coloured glasses did we roll over teams playing fantastic every week and in this league as it is now most teams have players that can hurt you
It’s fantastic over there now as well
Moaners and groaners have always existed( I had a fella in front who hated Alan ball)
But the bi polar camera Hungary arsenal to types helped create a toxicity
If you only go to football to find fault then you are wasting a huge part of the enjoyment of supporting a team
I love being an Arsenal fan
This and every day

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I see that we're starting to irritate the celebration police again - the old misogynist aresholes Richard Keys and Andy Gray this time, not to mention fans of other clubs

Makes me laugh - when there's a shit atmosphere then we take all the stuff about "the Highbury Library" and the worst atmosphere in the country, but then when you win a close game and the fans celebrate, then its "over celebrating"

I watched this in the pub with lots of Spuds fans in there. "You lot think you've won the league already" said one.....at which point I asked him to go up to the 30 or so Gooners that were in the pub and try and find a single one who thought that was going to happen. Needless to say there wasn't a single one.

Fair play to the team for coming back and winning a tight game - Fulham aren't the mugs they've been in previous seasons and they've proved that in their opening games this season.

I'm enjoying this while it lasts. I still worry about the lack of leaders in the squad for when the big games come up and watching the Amazon Prime thingy, I think that lack of leadership was very apparent......but so far we can only beat what's in front of us, and we've done it four times.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO there’s only every an issue when it’s us that’s winning. When the crayon muncher scored in the last minute against the chavs there was no outrage at all their wild celebrations which earned them a DRAW (in a game that they were absolutely destroyed in) :roll:

Last season was the same, all the knicker twisting was when we dared to celebrate winning a game, no issue with anyone else doing it.

On the one hand it’s fucking pathetic but on further thought I’m actually enjoying it. It pisses them off no end to see us doing well and let’s hope we continue this excellent run to rub it in the c.unts faces even more :twisted:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:05 pm
Richard Keys and Andy Gray on Bein Sports slaughtering the players and fans for over celebrating winning a game and then Keys finishing off by saying about Arteta

“I can’t hide the fact that I find him extremely irritating”
That’s not very professional.

Maybe they preferred it when the fans all left with 10 mins to go ?
I’m glad we are annoying pundits again they have spent too long being able to rip us to bits - they don’t like us winning. :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:48 am
SteveO there’s only every an issue when it’s us that’s winning. When the crayon muncher scored in the last minute against the chavs there was no outrage at all their wild celebrations which earned them a DRAW (in a game that they were absolutely destroyed in) :roll:

Last season was the same, all the knicker twisting was when we dared to celebrate winning a game, no issue with anyone else doing it.

On the one hand it’s fucking pathetic but on further thought I’m actually enjoying it. It pisses them off no end to see us doing well and let’s hope we continue this excellent run to rub it in the c.unts faces even more :twisted:
It does seem that way - not to mention Conte's hysterics when they beat Wolves 1-0

Some knob was one on of the phone-ins (Scummer) last night saying "we haven't played anyone" before it was pointed out to him that their two wins have been against Southampton and Wolves

Anyway, fuck em all. It was always better when everyone hated us doing well anyway

Midz

Post by Midz »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:48 am

Absolutely. It's fucking great to be winning and I love giving it large at work to all the others. I know it may not last but while it does I take full advantage.

Gooners!! Gooners!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:33 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:33 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:30 pm
Won ugly very ugly
I like my wins like I like my women.

No, hang on.... :lol:
Coming from behind?
:lol: Kaboooom! :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Fulham were well organised and defended well...to be fair can see how they drew with scouse

Odegaard at his best...passing and vision superb.....Ramsdale made some good stops....

Xhaka needs to be replaced...and VAR is total shit
Last edited by Redarmy on Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

I fucking love it!

Us against the world!

All our great teams had that mentality

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal.com

Yesterday's win against Fulham was the first time the Gunners have won a Premier League game after conceding the first goal in the second half since December 2013.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:22 am
I see that we're starting to irritate the celebration police again - the old misogynist aresholes Richard Keys and Andy Gray this time, not to mention fans of other clubs

Makes me laugh - when there's a shit atmosphere then we take all the stuff about "the Highbury Library" and the worst atmosphere in the country, but then when you win a close game and the fans celebrate, then its "over celebrating"

I watched this in the pub with lots of Spuds fans in there. "You lot think you've won the league already" said one.....at which point I asked him to go up to the 30 or so Gooners that were in the pub and try and find a single one who thought that was going to happen. Needless to say there wasn't a single one.

Fair play to the team for coming back and winning a tight game - Fulham aren't the mugs they've been in previous seasons and they've proved that in their opening games this season.

I'm enjoying this while it lasts. I still worry about the lack of leaders in the squad for when the big games come up and watching the Amazon Prime thingy, I think that lack of leadership was very apparent......but so far we can only beat what's in front of us, and we've done it four times.
Let's face it the scummyCunts just hate THEArsenal and that's fine by me, coz they can go fuck themselves up the arris.

Fulham have also got a very good Manager & Tactician in Marco Silva.

Agree to a point, but when that Fulham Cun.t (Robinson?) took out Saka Jesus was straight in there to let him know he can't get away with that (admittedly it lead to a yellow card for Jesus; but the ref was a prick and was looking to stamp his authority ( :roll: yeah right!). Also when we scored the second goal who should run down the touch-line to join in the celebrations but Zinchenko - I just think that having come from all their successes at $hitty, that character & attitude of 'Don't fuck with us' type thing will serve the whole team well; so not only have we got 2 very skilled players they also know their way around the Prem ..and as such be default can be Leaders, unlike cowardly chicken-shyte gobbycunt Clive.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:08 am
I fucking love it!

Us against the world!

All our great teams had that mentality
:high5: too fucking right! :box:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

The salty tears of the pundits and other fans get me all warm and fuzzy :lol:

Look a reality check is that we haven't played anyone significant yet however we have played a couple of well organised if less skilled team in Fulham and CP, as said above you can only play what's in front of you.

I think Jesus and Zinchenko have brought something we lacked last season, experience! Last season we had some good skillful players but many of them were raw, a bit of backbone, an extra season of playing and in losing out on CL last season may have helped temper some of the younger players but when you look round the majority of the starting team there are about 6 or 7 who are under 25 that is still a young squad

We are still not the finished article by any means there are still glaring holes and I honestly don't think we are good enough to make a concerted challenge yet but we are improving.

The telling times will come when the European and Cup football starts because tirednss and fatigue will set in, the question is can they stepup, only time will tell.

For me I'm going to enjoy watching them for as long as it lasts and hope we can keep it up, if for no other reason that it irritates the fuck out of everyone else when we are exceeding expectations :barscarf: :barscarf:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

:D :D :D :barscarf: :barscarf: