Fulham fartholes H Sat 27th Aug KO 530pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Thynker

Re: Fulham fartholes H Sat 27th Aug KO 530pm

Post by Thynker »

Looked to me like ball came off Saliba's elbow/forearm for the 2nd goal but we've been shafted that much by VAR we'll take it.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:04 pm
Ref is that Australian guy: Jarred Gillett.
He was horrifically bad. Absolute shambles.

As for the game, it was a bit of a tense one, but we’d have lost that once upon a time. A gritty win is still a win. 3pts on the board and we go again.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Thynker wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:00 pm
Looked to me like ball came off Saliba's elbow/forearm for the 2nd goal but we've been shafted that much by VAR we'll take it.
Gone down as a Saliba assist

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Yeah that was tough work but in all honesty they threw everything in front of the ball first half and our front lads weren't at it today, a win is a win and i'll take them beautiful ugly or otherwise as long as it keeps the momentum going and that will give them a confidence boost too coming from behind. Definitely feels like there is more of a togetherness this season, heads not going down but scrapping for everything.

Saka is burnt out as others have said he needs a rest, but it wasnt totally awful some of the interplay in the first half was excellent we just couldn't finish it off.

COYG :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Ødegaard showed his captain abilities today. Well done son, good game.

It was as others have said and ugly win but still a win.
Villa midweek and then Utd next Sunday.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Good win today and some decent one touch football that just lacked the finish. This is loads different from last years Everton-style football. I am pretty encouraged with the style of play.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Midz wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:59 pm
Ødegaard showed his captain abilities today. Well done son, good game.

It was as others have said and ugly win but still a win.
Villa midweek and then Utd next Sunday.

FACKING GET IN. F off Fulham u no mark boring c*nts, go back to the championship and just swap places with west brom for ever more both being pointless, at least bournemouth have potential to be a bigger side given the city...west brom, fulahm, utterly boring pointless teams.

that good to hear re oderagaard, i'm his biggest critic, but hope he proves me wrong

Took my self out to walk the dog as i had bad feeling so followed it on here and on BBC live text (then at the end 5 live on the phone audio)...the weekenders enjoying the sun outside of the queens head in maldon gave me a few frowns when i shouted fuck it when i saw 0-1 pop up as i was gulping my wherry shandy...

delighted with the win and by all accounts eddie the feather actually made a difference and has started putting himself about a bit instead of standing there doing f all. Still i feel we need a back up to jesus, we dominated yet didnt score. We should have scored more in the previous 3 games too, jesus looks very good but still think we need that fox in a box to put these games to bed befoe they get nervy...but we aint gonna get one, hopefully a goalscoring winger, as a winger is the best we can hope for given all the rumours. Critical we get a CM too, i dont really know tielmans style, but he must be better than what we have when partey is out, as we are wafer thin in the middle. If we sign a striker/scoring wongr and a cm i would be very happy and less wary.

lets do villa now 5 from 5 please. saka dropped rested for a few games too please hes been off the pace and poor for a while now and hes probably knackered.

beck

Post by beck »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:36 pm
cameron326 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:31 pm
Nice. That’ll have made a few other teams take notice. Odegaard playing like Bergkamp. If only Nketiah could sharpen up his finishing a bit. Otherwise maybe need an upgrade in January.
Odergaard as DB is a very good comparison. Reminds me of when we started 1997-98 like a train and suddenly looked dangerous and confident and Bergkamp was the best player in the world. Nketiah looked sharp when he came on and I do think he could be the difference for us when we have those winter Sunday games after travelling away in Europe. If we can get one more decent signing in by the end of the month, I'll be happy but as it is, right now, I'm enjoying the winning mentality and style of play. Top of the league, lovely.
We drew 1-1 at Leeds opening day 97/98
And despite Denis’s hat Rick we conceded twice last at Leicester
Had 8 points from our first 4 games

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

beck wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:59 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:36 pm
cameron326 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:31 pm
Nice. That’ll have made a few other teams take notice. Odegaard playing like Bergkamp. If only Nketiah could sharpen up his finishing a bit. Otherwise maybe need an upgrade in January.
Odergaard as DB is a very good comparison. Reminds me of when we started 1997-98 like a train and suddenly looked dangerous and confident and Bergkamp was the best player in the world. Nketiah looked sharp when he came on and I do think he could be the difference for us when we have those winter Sunday games after travelling away in Europe. If we can get one more decent signing in by the end of the month, I'll be happy but as it is, right now, I'm enjoying the winning mentality and style of play. Top of the league, lovely.
We drew 1-1 at Leeds opening day 97/98
And despite Denis’s hat Rick we conceded twice last at Leicester
Had 8 points from our first 4 games
I know, mate. I remember it well. I was thinking more in terms of how we seemed to be playing with a sense of purpose and determination and had rediscovered a winning mentality after a few years of treading water. That start of 97-98 was met with optimism and a sense of rebirth. I'm not saying we've got it just yet but over the last few months, it does feel like a corner has been turned at the club and that the supporters are more connected.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Richard Keys and Andy Gray on Bein Sports slaughtering the players and fans for over celebrating winning a game and then Keys finishing off by saying about Arteta

“I can’t hide the fact that I find him extremely irritating”

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:05 pm
Richard Keys and Andy Gray on Bein Sports slaughtering the players and fans for over celebrating winning a game and then Keys finishing off by saying about Arteta

Would have been a different matter if it was his daughters best friend, the hairy sex case!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Weren't Keys and Grey accused of Sexual Harassment and using in-appropriate language to female workers at Sky some years ago? :rubchin:

Pair of CUN.TS anyway.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:05 pm

Fun fact. Richard Keys’ parents are orangutans.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:33 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:30 pm
Won ugly very ugly
I like my wins like I like my women.

No, hang on.... :lol:
Coming from behind?