Villa vaginas H Weds 31st Aug KO 730pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: Villa vaginas H Weds 31st Aug KO 730pm

Post by Retro Gunner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:25 pm
We made that way tougher than it should have been but 5 out of 5 is not to be sniffed at, we are still not the finished package, there are obvious deficiencies but it is better. We really need to taake our chances when they come though and that is a mental thing. Stop trying to walk it in every time and just hit it occasionally

Anyway COYG :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Agreed.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:38 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:04 pm
win tonight and Zinchenko may be back for saturday.....
I'd prefer if he was back for Sunday :wink:
Zinchenko was shown in the training pics yesterday so hopefully they were just making sure he’ll be 100% for Sunday because Tierney is miles off it at the moment.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:32 pm
One thing we’ll have to eradicate from our game and fast is the common trait of Arsenal 23 attempts 2 goals, the opposition 2 attempts 1 goal.

We give up very few chances to other teams but concede from a shockingly high percentage of them.

We dug deep against Leicester (twice), Fulham and now Villa.

To have to keep doing that in games you should be out of site in is unsustainable.

We need to start putting c.unts away and have to become far more clinical in front of goal.

Other than that UP THE FUCKING ARSE :barscarf:

Yep, agree with this too. We've got to put teams away when we are as dominant as we were in the first half and as you say, still too prone to conceding softly. Won't get away with it against the decent sides.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

When I saw the fixtures, I thought we could get five wins from the first five and we've done that. Previous years would have seen us drop points at Palace, draw with Leicester, win at Bournemouth and probably draw one of the last two games and win one. What we've done so far is get the absolute maximum points from the type of opposition we've played. That's what we're going to need.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:35 pm
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:34 pm
Was fuming about the 2nd half game management but I must admit I loved Nketiahs cameo. Seems like he's got some fire in his belly and was looking pretty direct.

Once he gets off the mark, I think he'll start banging them in this season!
Was very good when he came on Saturday and again tonight, I’m liking what I’m seeing. The minutes he’ll get in Europe can only add to his confidence.
I know I'll get laughed at, but the way he was dribbling with the bandy leg movements, he reminded me of how Asprilla used to dribble with the ball. He never seemed to be in control of it but was very deceiving.

**Edit** In no way do I think he's a good as Asprilla, just he seems to have adopted the same style of running as him :lol: **

Midz

Post by Midz »

Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:46 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:35 pm
Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:34 pm
Was fuming about the 2nd half game management but I must admit I loved Nketiahs cameo. Seems like he's got some fire in his belly and was looking pretty direct.

Once he gets off the mark, I think he'll start banging them in this season!
Was very good when he came on Saturday and again tonight, I’m liking what I’m seeing. The minutes he’ll get in Europe can only add to his confidence.
I know I'll get laughed at, but the way he was dribbling with the bandy leg movements, he reminded me of how Asprilla used to dribble with the ball. He never seemed to be in control of it but was very deceiving.

**Edit** In no way do I think he's a good as Asprilla, just he seems to have adopted the same style of running as him :lol: **
"https://www.premierleagueheroes.com/"
Since retiring from playing, Asprilla has gone into the sexual health business with a flavoured condom company in his native Colombia which came about after an incident in 1993 when he accidentally exposed himself during a game which ultimately led to him becoming a national sex symbol.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I expected us to win our first five games, as I said on the palace thread before the season started. Maximum points at this point is fantastic position.

Midz

Post by Midz »

I never expected us to win our first 5 games but am ecstatic that we did. I don't think we'll beat Utd but hope we do.

Well done the Arsenal!! keep it going. I fucking hate Utd!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

5 mins injury time at Anfield....Liverpool score the winner in the 7th minute of injury time. :roll:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Really should have destroyed them but unbelievable the amount of character to score right after conceding. If we are anyway clinical we will destroy alot of the teams we face this season. I'm dreading Sunday in which we will be screwed over to ensure a win for those *word censored* but 5 wins in 5 is incredible.

shu

Post by shu »

Who was motm ? Arsenal.com on Twitter have loads saying Xhaka motm and saying he has been brilliant all season ,funny that ?

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

No one has mentioned Sambi , I thought he done ok tonight especially first half , if he had a better partner to learn from, play with .....

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

shu wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:07 pm
Who was motm ? Arsenal.com on Twitter have loads saying Xhaka motm and saying he has been brilliant all season ,funny that ?
Jesus got it from BT.

His work rate is incredible, there are some balls fired up to him that he has zero right to win and he fucking grinds it out, bullies the defender and gets the ball.

Midz

Post by Midz »

shu wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:07 pm
For me it was Martinelli. This guy runs for 90 mins and never gives up. He's awesome!!

wibble

Post by wibble »

5 in 5 is fantastic although I won’t get carried away given the fixture list (likewise last season when some were predicting doom and gloom and relegation after 3 games which was nonsense)

However it is far more fun to win games you expect to win than it is to be losing games you expect to lose like last season.

Lots to work on, including a few costly defensive errors already this season but a lot to be impressed by too. Our attacking play has looked very good and we seem to be playing at a much faster tempo. You could argue that is due to the level of opposition but I don’t think it is as we were slow and shit against average teams last season. We’re certainly more exciting to watch so far this season

It will be interesting to see how we cope going forward with the europa games midweek and likely picking up a few niggles. Will also be good to see some others, like Eddie, ESR and vieira get some game time and see how they do. Hopefully add one more midfielder for squad depth before the window shuts

Anyway, 5 wins out of 5. Lovely! :barscarf: