Shower of dirty cheating Manc filth who ended our record unbeaten run by being dirty cheats A Sun 4th Sept KO 430PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
begeegs

Re: Shower of dirty cheating Manc filth who ended our record unbeaten run by being dirty cheats A Sun 4th Sept KO 430PM

Post by begeegs »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:26 pm
Thought we played really well but as again no clinical finishing Jesus not to blame but we dont have a clinical finisher.

Although this is a crap United team

Questions marks over defence undone my 2 straight balls...who was at fault saliba or gabriel. Ramsdale also inspires zero confidence...

Key is how we react.
I thought that we were decent today as well, but didn't take our chances. Odegaard in particular and although Saka scored, he really should have tested the keeper with one of his shots when he beat the defence. I would say that Saka is pulling two people towards him and despite that and his dribbling technique, they can't get the ball from him. Interesting that he had a bunch of rips in the back of his socks.

For their second, Sambi gave it away before a quality ball bypassed the entire midfield. I'd have to see the 3rd again, but we had changed formation and were wide open at that point.

BobbyPires7

Re: Shower of dirty cheating Manc filth who ended our record unbeaten run by being dirty cheats A Sun 4th Sept KO 430PM

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:27 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:25 pm
We either start mastering the dark arts or we are going to keep folding like an origami sculpture every time we play against a proper side.

Refereeing again abysmal. Some of the stuff they have got away with. Just simply fraudulent.
utd shit wont make top 4
Says it all we can’t beat them.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

xgtdec wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:07 pm
Legohead fully to blame here, tell me your a novice without telling me your a novice
Fully to blame? Don’t be daft. I thought the 3 subs was stupid and we never really settled again but we were already 2-1 down and a VAR decision down too; we also missed some very presentable chances so to suggest it’s 100% on Arteta is ridiculous.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Man Utd are fucking shit, and the score line and result doesn’t detract from that fact. Not saying we’re much better, but we ARE better than them and our overall dominance of the game suggests that. We beat ourselves today. That’s all that happened. We beat ourselves through individual errors and lack of focus. Both going forward AND defending.

Once again our manager shows that his in-game management skills are completely non-existent. He, too, cost us this game.

Man Utd don’t bother me at all, anymore. They’re essentially now what Everton were.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The Reffing of the game was Disgraceful

The disallowed goal.

mctominayRetard fouling everyone in front of the ref and he does Nothing...

They were taking it in turns to foul Jesus and Gabbi but no warnings... no yellow card/s

odegaard gets fouled in the exact same way that got our goal chalked off and the ref wave sit away...

augie

Post by augie »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:22 pm
They deserve some slack because of the way they played the first four games, though it has to be said the first "big" team they've come up against they've folded like a deck of cards. Is this really as much progress as we'd imagined? Shouldn't we have signed another ball-winning midfielder in the transfer window if we were serious about winning games like this when Partey is out with one of his frequent injuries?

They deserve slack cos they beat shit teams up to this point ?? Bu!!shit

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Martinelli's goal stands we win that game. Lokonga played welll in the midfield. We had momentum at 2-1 and Arteta poor decision in making 3 changes ruined it for us.
Played really well for most of the game. I'm gutted we lost but not totally disheartened. Wasn't Saliba's best game got caught out for their second. Still prefer Tierney at LB.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Flattering as fuck for United,

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:33 pm
The Reffing of the game was Disgraceful

The disallowed goal.

mctominayRetard fouling everyone in front of the ref and he does Nothing...

They were taking it in turns to foul Jesus and Gabbi but no warnings... no yellow card/s

odegaard gets fouled in the exact same way that got our goal chalked off and the ref wave sit away...
It's never changed and never will. Whole thing is bent but as always, the broadcasters and papers get the narrative they want. They just can't have us being successful or a threat.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Lokongo and Viera could be a mobile pairing,Xhaka is the handbrake Wenger always spoke of,he’s a fucking useless c unt

augie

Post by augie »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:26 pm
Thought we played really well but as again no clinical finishing Jesus not to blame but we dont have a clinical finisher.

Although this is a crap United team

Questions marks over defence undone my 2 straight balls...who was at fault saliba or gabriel. Ramsdale also inspires zero confidence...

Key is how we react.

I would question why he wasnt out a lot faster for second goal

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Today went exactly as expected, Var fucks us over then we proceed to boss possession but give away a really soft goal and despite getting back into it we are undone by 2 straight balls down the centre of our defence, seen this far too many times before. I think 'playing well' is subjective. Having possession and doing fuck all near the box isn't playing well. We are a 5th or 6th place team and despite our start not much has changed.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

g88ner wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:31 pm
xgtdec wrote:
Legohead fully to blame here, tell me your a novice without telling me your a novice
Fully to blame? Don’t be daft. I thought the 3 subs was stupid and we never really settled again but we were already 2-1 down and a VAR decision down too; we also missed some very presentable chances so to suggest it’s 100% on Arteta is ridiculous.
He picking the team, they’re carrying out his instructions, it’s his persistence with players like Clive that handicap us.
We were like rabbits in headlights for the first 10 minutes meaning he didn’t have them ready and switched on. And so on and so on…..

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

xgtdec wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:44 pm
g88ner wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:31 pm
xgtdec wrote:
He picking the team, they’re carrying out his instructions, it’s his persistence with players like Clive that handicap us.
We were like rabbits in headlights for the first 10 minutes meaning he didn’t have them ready and switched on. And so on and so on…..
Oh ok, fair enough. I didn’t realise you were looking at it so holistically. I suppose managers are always fully to blame then really :lol:

Bit of a pointless discussion then really. Personally I blame God as ultimately it’s his creation :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

We can moan all we want about the disallowed goal, but we'd be screaming if it was against us and stood.

Too easy to look for conspiracy theory excuses. Enough teams have been going there in recent years and turning them over, but never us, no matter how crap they've been. We got totally mugged today and it's on us.

Doesn't matter how much possession you have if you don't test the keeper. It's been this way for years. We were bossing the game until 2-1, but how many times did we work De Gea. We lack power and directness up front.

I said the other day on here that it was early days and I didn't want to judge Saliba too early, but he worried me a bit in the Villa game and again today. Not writing him off at all, he's young and learning, but can't help wondering if he's ready. We'll see. We were undone far too easily for their 2nd and 3rd goals...schoolboy defending and I'm including the midfield in that.

We al knew that our opening games were relatively soft and that the ideas of a brave new dawn would be tested in this type of game. Well, I still think we've improved, but fuck me, nowhere near as much as some believed. Still woeful in centre mid and Odegaard still has a lot to do to prove to me that he can do it in the big games. Had a pretty good first half tbh, but still lacks authority.

Xhaka... :lol: :lol: :banghead: :banghead: . As we all know (or most of us), we'll ultimately achieve nothing while this pub footballer is in the side. That missing the ball and falling over at the end was an all encompassing cameo. It's all been said before, but I can't rate a manager that thinks this clown is the answer. As I always say, don't blame Xhaka, blame the bloke that picks him.

Ramsdale...hmmmm. Another scuffed pass in the first half that could have cost us and while not blaming him for the second goal, he could definitely have done better. Went to ground too early. Can't help waiting for the fuck up every time I watch him.

Arteta's in game tactics and his substitutions...you've all said it above.

As so often in the big games, we gifted it to them. :(
Last edited by Retro Gunner on Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.