Shower of dirty cheating Manc filth who ended our record unbeaten run by being dirty cheats A Sun 4th Sept KO 430PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: Shower of dirty cheating Manc filth who ended our record unbeaten run by being dirty cheats A Sun 4th Sept KO 430PM

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:21 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:10 pm
I'd prefer to call them 'Shower of dirty manc filth who whack women about'. Hope we thrash the cúnts but you just know they'll be allowed to kick the shit out of us for 90 minutes whilst the press talk about that's how you stop Arsenal. Jesus with two, Martinelli with one. 3-0
Does that include Head Butting them? :wink:
Yes. Absolutely. Cringing poetry might also be appropriate but probably more the wife beating.

TeeCee

Re: Shower of dirty cheating Manc filth who ended our record unbeaten run by being dirty cheats A Sun 4th Sept KO 430PM

Post by TeeCee »

Someone on Le Grove pointed this out for the weekend......

Paul Tierney is the ref for our game, he is from Salford, Manchester!

Lee Mason is on VAR, he is also from Manchester!

How the fuck is this allowed? Are either of them likely to give us anything bearing in mind they and their families fucking live there!!!! I thought it was not possible for a ref to host his home town team?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:59 am

How the fuck is this allowed? Are either of them likely to give us anything bearing in mind they and their families fucking live there!!!! I thought it was not possible for a ref to host his home town team?
If they’re Man City fans it might be us with the unfair advantage :lol:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

I get the same pre match feeling as our 49 match unbeaten run and everything possible will be done to conspire against us to be beaten.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

g88ner wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:05 am
TeeCee wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:59 am

If they’re Man City fans it might be us with the unfair advantage :lol:
It would worry me more if they came from Guildford, Exeter or Thailand. Still an absolute fucking joke though isn't it and further proof that English football is absolutely bent.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Aaron Ramsdale and Odegaard being assessed and hopefully will be able to train with the team
Last edited by mcdowell42 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:18 pm
I get the same pre match feeling as our 49 match unbeaten run and everything possible will be done to conspire against us to be beaten.
Yup. I honestly can handle it when we are well beaten by a better team. But so many times I've come away from defeats to these wankers and just felt cheated.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Generally because we have been.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

In the last game one of our players got put in a head lock and the referee gave the free kick to the other team, fuck knows what travesty awaits us here :roll:

3 nil to the Arse 8)

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:21 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:13 pm
Wonder what time they'll get their penalty at
Hmmm, let me see.... the ref to give them an extra 5 minutes if they are losing or drawing, so probably the 98th minute. Similar to LiVARpool.... :roll: :censored:
they will be kicking us all over the pitch and diving as soon as they get in the box...

We need Odegaard and Zincheko at least

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:12 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:21 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:13 pm
Wonder what time they'll get their penalty at
Hmmm, let me see.... the ref to give them an extra 5 minutes if they are losing or drawing, so probably the 98th minute. Similar to LiVARpool.... :roll: :censored:
they will be kicking us all over the pitch and diving as soon as they get in the box...

We need Odegaard and Zincheko at least

To be honest Red, this game is the first real test so far this season and will go a long way to indicating whether certain players really have improved. So far the evidence shows that Odegaard, for all his artistry when we're in control and he has time, disappears in the big games and when the going gets tough. Many of us on here, maybe most, we're very underwhelmed with him last season and we need to see that he really has grown into the team and can perform when the chips are down. Let's hope he can and that he does so on Sunday (if he is fit to play of course).

Similarly, the new darling of so many of our supporters, a certain Granit Xhaka, will also be up against it for the first time this season. I said on another thread, that these are the games that pass him by, other than his fuck ups when he does have the ball and his card/penalty magnet tendencies. Utd are poor at the moment, but it's never easy at their place and certainly not for us and centre midfield is always key in battles like this. Our weakness in that area has been exposed time and time again and given our reluctance to recruit and strengthen that dept (even though we know that Xhaka will be a fixture regardless of who we bring in), I very much fear that our centre midfield will do for us again. :(

Oh and it's pretty much fuck all to do with who is injured and who is available, because we're sub par no matter who plays there...we needed better.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

SlySports say there will be late fitness tests for Ode and Ramsdale at the weekend, Zinchenko not expected to play.

Typical Arsenal, say a couple of games missing for Zinchenko then he's out for a month minimum.....some things never change!! :banghead:

If we end up with the yank in goal we are triple fucked, he's a marginal upgrade on Runarsson and has calamity keeper written through him like a stick of rock!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I fuckin' hate these Sunday kick-offs, just want this over and done with a WIN! :tickedoff:

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Man United v Arsenal 04-05 (battle of the buffett) extended highlights was recommended to me on youtube

Almost 20 years since the game but watching Mike Rileys performance is still infuriating. Basically, half the highlights was Reyes (RIP) doing Gary Neville but Neville fouling him and not being cautioned. He made about 4 yellow card challenges and ended with one booking. He got two warnings whereas Ashley Cole was booked for a generic foul

RVN racked his studs across Coles leg and got away with it, was retrospectively banned for 3 games though. Rooney dives for their penalty. Ferdinand tripped Ljumnberg who was clear through on goal after we calved them up with a neat passing move and got away with it.

We were so much better than them but they had free reign to kick and foul, then get a shit penalty via a dive.

With VAR and Fergusons retirement, the integrity of the game has been restored. Because some of the ref jobs at Old Trafford in the era of Fergie were criminal. Even Spurs getting fucked hard with Carroll spilling the ball a metre passed his line.

Mike Riley and Howard Webb with the whistle at Old Trafford was a stain on the integrity of association football in the UK

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Ramsdale and Odegaard will play.

Team will be

Ramsdale
Tomiyasu, Saliba, Gabriel, Tierney
Odegaard, ASL, Xhaka
Saka, Jesus, Martinelli

Lets not forget this is a short turnaround time and United have 24 hours less than us to prepare.