Shower of dirty cheating Manc filth who ended our record unbeaten run by being dirty cheats A Sun 4th Sept KO 430PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: Shower of dirty cheating Manc filth who ended our record unbeaten run by being dirty cheats A Sun 4th Sept KO 430PM

Post by g88ner »

I really hope the media ask Arteta about those 3 substitutions.

When United made it 2-1 I was disappointed but I thought we’d just carry on doing what we were doing. We had control of possession, we were playing in their half and creating half chances. A goal was coming.

The last thing I expected was taking Zinchenko, Odegaard and Sambi off all at once. It totally killed our momentum and we never really regained it. Very strange decision.

mcdowell42

Re: Shower of dirty cheating Manc filth who ended our record unbeaten run by being dirty cheats A Sun 4th Sept KO 430PM

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Emile Smith Rowe appeared to pull up with an injury during Arsenal warm-down. 22yo attacking midfielder looked distressed as he was accompanied back to dressing room by #AFC assistant coach Carlos Cuesta, while rest of substitutes continued their session @TheAthleticUK #MUNARS

Midz

Post by Midz »

Test : To see if we've improved against one of the big six.

Conclusion: No we haven't.

it's that simple.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:06 pm
🚨 Emile Smith Rowe appeared to pull up with an injury during Arsenal warm-down. 22yo attacking midfielder looked distressed as he was accompanied back to dressing room by #AFC assistant coach Carlos Cuesta, while rest of substitutes continued their session @TheAthleticUK #MUNARS

It's just like the good old days. Is Rosicky fit yet?? How about Santi...have we caused him to have his foot amputated yet? When will Diaby be ready??

shu

Post by shu »

augie wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:35 pm
Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:22 pm
They deserve some slack because of the way they played the first four games, though it has to be said the first "big" team they've come up against they've folded like a deck of cards. Is this really as much progress as we'd imagined? Shouldn't we have signed another ball-winning midfielder in the transfer window if we were serious about winning games like this when Partey is out with one of his frequent injuries?

They deserve slack cos they beat shit teams up to this point ?? Bu!!shit
So were you happy at 65 mins ? was anyone else ? I thought we were playing well until we were caught out with their second which was totally against the run of play . As I said Arteta was then at fault with the subs . Yes we lost and I hate manure as much as the next man but we are improving overall .

So Augie were you actually happy at anytime in this game ? I very much doubt it .

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

By the way, I thought Lokonga was a huge positive today. I was expecting lots of slow, sideways and backwards passes but credit to the lad, he was confident, strong and looked forwards a lot and found some lovely passes into the forwards. Really pleased for him! 8)

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

They're proper game raising cunts now!

NickF98

Post by NickF98 »

Looks like we'll be scrapping for 4th to 6th position again then....

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:06 pm
Partey check
ESR check

Just need Tierney and Tomi now (can only be a matter of time surely) and we’ve a full house in the sick note bingo stakes and it only September.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

A lot of negativity here.
We're top of the league FFS.

And for all the clamour of the 2nd coming of Christ up front at the Etihad, they've dropped 4 points.
Drew with Villa who we dispatched.

Of course we can do better. But there is plenty of reason for optimism.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Thynker wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:09 pm

And for all the clamour of the 2nd coming of Christ up front at the Etihad, they've dropped 4 points.

Indeed

The very fact City and Liverpool are dropping points shows that they will have off days.

We could have beaten City last season at home, we could beat them or the scousers on our day.

We look like we have more threats from different area’s now rather than relying on Saka ( good job as he is a bit jaded / out of sorts )
We will only improve as the season progresses and new players bed in, saw glimpses from Vieira today that he is willing to shoot where Odergaard doesn’t.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I hate losing to those c u n t s!
However? Given we have an incompetent manager, who will never cut it in the plge, it was no surprise!
We have more difficult games coming up, I'm going for 4-5 points from next 5 games!
He's a fucking fraud and any body who thinks different?

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Been out for the day with my daughter on a boozy Birthday treat so unfortunately didn’t see the game. As the originator of the “Let’s all laugh at Man Utd” thread, I hate those fuckers with a vengeance. Won’t have any idea of the game until I watch MOTD later, but have read all the comments on here and just want a balanced view. Was it a VAR conspiracy and they got away with murder, or did we do the usual snowflake stuff and just fall over against a so-called big team? Balanced views please.

Midz

Post by Midz »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:03 pm
I hate losing to those c u n t s!
However? Given we have an incompetent manager, who will never cut it in the plge, it was no surprise!
We have more difficult games coming up, I'm going for 4-5 points from next 5 games!
He's a fucking fraud and any body who thinks different?
So do I, so do I. I fucking hate them.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Thynker wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:09 pm

I don't see it as negativity but more frustration that we never seem to get a result against any of the big sides away from home. Outside of beating Chelsea away last season and a win at OT in 2020(behind closed doors) we always seem to bottle the big away games. There are positives from today but the best analogy I can give is if a boxer is leading by a wide points margin but ends up getting KOD then that's all that matters.