Shower of dirty cheating Manc filth who ended our record unbeaten run by being dirty cheats A Sun 4th Sept KO 430PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Shower of dirty cheating Manc filth who ended our record unbeaten run by being dirty cheats A Sun 4th Sept KO 430PM

Post by rodders999 »

If what went down last weekend doesn't result in a complete overhaul of the match officials and VAR in this league then the game as we know it is fucked forever. You now have a situation where a person in a room 200 miles from the ground is deciding the outcome of games by making dubious/incompetent/bent decisions. The chavs are 2 points better off as a result, Newcastle 2 points worse off and we are at least a point worse off, possibly 3. That's the level of influence officials are having on the league table over the course of just one fucking weekend, it's unbelievable.

The integrity of the league is massively damaged now and unless Reilly and his inept minions are shown the door it will only get worse. There has to be root and branch reform starting at the top. The outcome of games in the league with the best players, best grounds, biggest attendances, most money and highest worldwide TV audience is being decided by the likes of Paul Tierney, Mike Dean and Jarred fucking Gillet.

How the fuck was it allowed to get so bad?

The league goes after the best players form around the planet, it's now time it did the same with referees.

augie

Re: Shower of dirty cheating Manc filth who ended our record unbeaten run by being dirty cheats A Sun 4th Sept KO 430PM

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:53 am
Still irritated about the United game and the Premier League weekend in general.

Delighted with how we played but the re-refereeing of games that has robbed Arsenal, Newcastle, West Ham, Brighton and neutral fans of genuinely fantastic goals and great Premier League moments have been spoilt by the pedantic VAR killjoys. I’m genuinely missing the simplicity of the beautiful game I fell in love with.

Arteta’s 3-substitute clusterfuck that robbed Arsenal of all momentum with 20mins to go also still grates. What a wonderful performance up to that point.

By the way, I just love watching Zinchenko and Jesus play. 2 wonderful signings.

In the second half of wenger's reign we often heard the phrase "flat track bullies" applied to our team when they would piss all over shit teams and continually bend over for the big boys - we seem to accept that tag when it is applied to the team as a whole, but for some unknown reason dont like it being applied to individual players :? Odeargod is the definition of a flat track bully in my opinion - I cannot remember any game against a big team where he has stood up to be counted, and I am only judging him as a player not the captain which is worse again. Football is such a simple and when you have fast attacking players like jesus, martinelli and saka, the logical thing to do is get the ball to them early and fast, but odeargod has to have 20 tappy tappy touches on the ball before releasing it, and so many times yesterday it killed our attacks when we got to their penalty area cos it allowed them time to get into position. Yesterday our most impressive midfielder (BY FAR) was sambi and he is the inexperienced guy in the 3, while the fan boys darlings (odeargod and xhaka) turned in their usual big game shite performances - when I read fans bigging up xhaka lately on back of games against poor teams, it tells me yet again that sometimes as fans we get exactly what we deserve cos there are some fans who simply refuse to see the light with that c.unt and they deserve to start every day with a swift and hard kick in the nuts.

Likewise, it was you who rightly pointed out a few days ago that the muppet in charge can no longer be referred to as a rookie - as disgraceful (in my eyes) that it was that he hadnt hooked odeargod and white earlier, his triple substitution and tactical "reshuffle" was the stuff of nightmares, and was without doubt the single biggest factor in our defeat yesterday. I've looked at newspaper headlines this morning and one of them read "Gunners will only flatter to deceive with arteta - just a poor mans pep", and another paper had a similar headline (neither paper were red tops either). I'm angry that he didnt sub odeargod earlier, but tbh I'm still stunned at those changes he made with 20 mins to go, and I dunno what to say on it except that he simply isnt up to it, and no way in the world would PV4 have made those mistakes

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:45 pm
g88ner wrote:
Still irritated about the United game and the Premier League weekend in general.

Delighted with how we played but the re-refereeing of games that has robbed Arsenal, Newcastle, West Ham, Brighton and neutral fans of genuinely fantastic goals and great Premier League moments have been spoilt by the pedantic VAR killjoys. I’m genuinely missing the simplicity of the beautiful game I fell in love with.

Arteta’s 3-substitute clusterfuck that robbed Arsenal of all momentum with 20mins to go also still grates. What a wonderful performance up to that point.

By the way, I just love watching Zinchenko and Jesus play. 2 wonderful signings.

In the second half of wenger's reign we often heard the phrase "flat track bullies" applied to our team when they would piss all over shit teams and continually bend over for the big boys - we seem to accept that tag when it is applied to the team as a whole, but for some unknown reason dont like it being applied to individual players :? Odeargod is the definition of a flat track bully in my opinion - I cannot remember any game against a big team where he has stood up to be counted, and I am only judging him as a player not the captain which is worse again. Football is such a simple and when you have fast attacking players like jesus, martinelli and saka, the logical thing to do is get the ball to them early and fast, but odeargod has to have 20 tappy tappy touches on the ball before releasing it, and so many times yesterday it killed our attacks when we got to their penalty area cos it allowed them time to get into position. Yesterday our most impressive midfielder (BY FAR) was sambi and he is the inexperienced guy in the 3, while the fan boys darlings (odeargod and xhaka) turned in their usual big game shite performances - when I read fans bigging up xhaka lately on back of games against poor teams, it tells me yet again that sometimes as fans we get exactly what we deserve cos there are some fans who simply refuse to see the light with that c.unt and they deserve to start every day with a swift and hard kick in the nuts.

Likewise, it was you who rightly pointed out a few days ago that the muppet in charge can no longer be referred to as a rookie - as disgraceful (in my eyes) that it was that he hadnt hooked odeargod and white earlier, his triple substitution and tactical "reshuffle" was the stuff of nightmares, and was without doubt the single biggest factor in our defeat yesterday. I've looked at newspaper headlines this morning and one of them read "Gunners will only flatter to deceive with arteta - just a poor mans pep", and another paper had a similar headline (neither paper were red tops either). I'm angry that he didnt sub odeargod earlier, but tbh I'm still stunned at those changes he made with 20 mins to go, and I dunno what to say on it except that he simply isnt up to it, and no way in the world would PV4 have made those mistakes

Yep. No arguments from me on any of that. Still gonna be a 5th/6th place finish, despite our start against the league's makeweights.. We'll continue to crumble against the big boys.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:53 pm
augie wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Yep. No arguments from me on any of that. Still gonna be a 5th/6th place finish, despite our start against the league's makeweights.. We'll continue to crumble against the big boys.
I wouldn't say we crumbled on Sunday. The manager and team made 3 mistakes, we got punished. The forwards decided not to be clinical and shoot. It's all avoidable, and fixable learning from lessons. I wouldn't hit the crisis button yet by a long way.
I'm still bewildered by some of the officiating decision that were really, really poor. How did utd end with 11 players on the pitch? Anyway, that's gone now onto Thursday and then Everton who are building some momentum, and will be a lot tougher to break down than United were.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:21 pm
One thing I'd like to add is that I already know I'm going to hate this Antony c.unt with an absolute passion!

The stupid celebrations, the 'wannabe tough guy', the badge kissing, the Duran Duran highlights in his hair, stupid tattooes - what an uber c.unt! Takes over from Bruno as the player on their side I'd most like to suffer a serious injury.

AS DB said most succinctly yesterday... And I echo his sentiments 1,000%:

"Antony, it’s liked they’ve cloned the utter kuntishness of Ronaldo into a younger version, I instantly what to punch his lights out."

:high5:

Midz

Post by Midz »

I just fucking hate Utd full stop.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

^^^THIS 1,000% ^^^ :high5:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I'm still really pissed off about yesterday and the 2nd and 3rd goals are really infuriating. How the fuck can you be that wide open that one simple ball through the middle splits open your defence, it was school boy stuff. Also with the effort it took to get back into it why were we going all out attacking, a point wouldn't have been a bad result. Arteta shows himself to be clueless time and again but to some of our fanbase he's a genius :?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:53 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:53 pm
augie wrote:
g88ner wrote:

I wouldn't say we crumbled on Sunday. The manager and team made 3 mistakes, we got punished. The forwards decided not to be clinical and shoot. It's all avoidable, and fixable learning from lessons. I wouldn't hit the crisis button yet by a long way.
I'm still bewildered by some of the officiating decision that were really, really poor. How did utd end with 11 players on the pitch? Anyway, that's gone now onto Thursday and then Everton who are building some momentum, and will be a lot tougher to break down than United were.

Whether we crumbled, made mistakes, or didn't have our lucky heather with us, the bottom line is we lost 3-1. Same ol' same ol'.

As for the crisis button, I haven't read any of us talking about a crisis, just that we're still a long way short and that the run of games that opened up this season is simply the polar opposite to the start of last season. I'm still predicting a 5th/6th place finish, which won't be a crisis, it will just be more of the constant stagnation.

As for a red card, do me a favour. McTominey was his usual idiot self and typically booked, but at no point was I calling for a sending off. It was kids' stuff compared to what went on when Fergie was there. In fact the closest to a red was Albert's challenge on Fernandez where he got a yellow.

If you think that Everton will be harder to break down than Utd, then we're in trouble, because I can count one one hand how many times we tested De Gea, despite over 60% possession.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

On a side note did anyone hear or see anything about Ramsdale and Paul Merson(he was pundit for the match with Sky) having words with each other after the game, and I don't mean nice words.

There's pics on the link below if you go in as far as 4.18 mins ,

https://youtu.be/dzzxZNVJFqY

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:49 pm
On a side note did anyone hear or see anything about Ramsdale and Paul Merson(he was pundit for the match with Sky) having words with each other after the game, and I don't mean nice words.

Very strange. :shock:

I am conflicted with Merse. Always have been. An Arsenal legend. A fantastic footballer and a big part of the GG thing for me. But Paul Merson the bloke is thick as shit, is a selfish horrible person that treated his family like shit, and is a lifelong chav fan. Is it possible to be equal parts legend and cùnt? :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Normally DB something like tht would be all over social media ,but till I watched that YouTube video I hadn't seen or heard anything about it mentioned.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:21 pm
Normally DB something like tht would be all over social media ,but till I watched that YouTube video I hadn't seen or heard anything about it mentioned.
Yep strange all right. First I heard of it too when you posted the link.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:55 am
I think teams go through evolutionary processes of development, and there are different stages and hurdles within that development process that need to be cleared

GG's young guns of the late 80s, started it by getting us back winning a cup in 1987 - our first trophy in 8 years. They fluffed it against the best side in the country in Liverpool in his early days (and also against the likes of Everton who were the other top team of the era) before going to those grounds and getting statement victories.....en route to winning the league.

With this team, they needed to get back into European football first - done.

They now have 2 significant hurdles as far as I can see - one is to get back into the CL (be that in the top 4 or winning the EL). The second I'm afraid is that they have to win at either Old Trafford (and with actual fans there), Anfield, the Etihad or the New Swamp. Those places are becoming a mill stone round the club's neck and weighing just as heavily on these young shoulders as it was back in the 80s going to Anfield. Every time a result like yesterday's comes around, the questions continue to be asked. If we lose at all four of those grounds again this season and don't qualify for the CL, I'd have to ask whether it will ever happen under this management team. The Mickeys are going through transition, City don't look like the 100+ point version anymore, the Spuds are scraping by and United are bog awful. If the likes of Palace and Brighton can go to those places and take points, then we have too as well. We need to win at least one of those 3 for me to think we've taken that same step that GG's team did when they went to Anfield and Goodison and took 3 points and won massively pressurised games
We have a squad capable of winning these games, when fully fit.
We don't have a manager capable of managing these big games, when this season concludes and assuming this lightweight is still there, we will have our usual accumulation of points from these games, maybe beat sperz at home and a win or a point against utd.
That's the thing Stevo and we are stuck with it.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:49 pm

Interesting Mc. Merse is not a confrontational type and I know still pictures can give the wrong impression, but he doesn't look too happy there. Could be that Ramsdale said something, but his body language isn't aggressive. The interesting thing is the look on Hasselbaink's face, because he is looking at at Ramsdale as though he's made a comment.

Could be something and nothing.