Shower of dirty cheating Manc filth who ended our record unbeaten run by being dirty cheats A Sun 4th Sept KO 430PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Shower of dirty cheating Manc filth who ended our record unbeaten run by being dirty cheats A Sun 4th Sept KO 430PM

Post by OneBardGooner »

As long as Clive (*) is a member of the Arsenal squad we are always going to be at a dis-advantage regardless of how well the other 10 players on the pitch play.

Arteta will for reasons beyond my understanding keep picking him, which for me shows his lack of knowledge; it's as if he has a blind spot.

Until Arteta wakes up from this blindness and we have a (proper) mid-field enforcer, un-necessary outcomes like today will keep happening

(*) I am not blaming Clive for todays defeat, but he is a significant part of the ongoing weakness in our squad brought about by Arteta's blindness and his naivety that was demonstrated in making the 3 man substitution today, which left our defence even more vulnerable.

Perryashburtongroves

Re: Shower of dirty cheating Manc filth who ended our record unbeaten run by being dirty cheats A Sun 4th Sept KO 430PM

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:33 pm
The Reffing of the game was Disgraceful

The disallowed goal.

mctominayRetard fouling everyone in front of the ref and he does Nothing...

They were taking it in turns to foul Jesus and Gabbi but no warnings... no yellow card/s

odegaard gets fouled in the exact same way that got our goal chalked off and the ref wave sit away...
It's all so fucking predictable isn't it? You just know exactly what's going to happen and it always does. And then when they come to us, we still get nothing. There is no way in a million years that Martinelli's goal would have been disallowed if it was the other way round. No fucking way and it would have all been a narrative of Arsenal players going down too easily. The game is absolutely fucking bent.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The challenge by Odegaard on Erickson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_quHQ2ncGc

Never a Foul, the C.unt Erickson went down quicker than when his heart stopped cheating c.unt. :banghead:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:56 am
goonersid wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:03 pm
I hate losing to those c u n t s!
However? Given we have an incompetent manager, who will never cut it in the plge, it was no surprise!
We have more difficult games coming up, I'm going for 4-5 points from next 5 games!
He's a fucking fraud and any body who thinks different?

Arteta was too agressive. But to say his an incompetent manager is ridiculous.

I loathe fan meltdowns like this
He has shown time and time again, the inability to make the correct decisions when needed during games.
As someone else pointed out, he isn't a "novice" anymore.
Therefore that can only be down to incompetence on his part.
Yesterday was probably one of his worst, he panicked and ultimately shot himself in the foot.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:43 pm
Today went exactly as expected, Var fucks us over then we proceed to boss possession but give away a really soft goal and despite getting back into it we are undone by 2 straight balls down the centre of our defence, seen this far too many times before. I think 'playing well' is subjective. Having possession and doing fuck all near the box isn't playing well. We are a 5th or 6th place team and despite our start not much has changed.
I found yesterday really depressing for that reason - we are still not a top 4 side, Arteta still hasn’t sorted out the defence and it is just the same old. We just happened to have an easy start to the season and last season we had a hard start.

Zero confidence we will beat any of Spurs, City and Liverpool next month.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

goonersid wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:37 am
wilson2.0 wrote:
goonersid wrote:
However? Given we have an incompetent manager, who will never cut it in the plge, it was no surprise!
We have more difficult games coming up, I'm going for 4-5 points from next 5 games!

He has shown time and time again, the inability to make the correct decisions when needed during games.
Yesterday was probably one of his worst, he panicked and ultimately shot himself in the foot.

He made tactical errors yesterday for sure. But it cant be denied the level of football we are playing a high level of football. High press, high intensity with good passing movement. Arteta needs to check himself though, he gets really excited and when it went 1-1 we were way to aggressive chasing the winner. The goals were ridiculous. We should not be getting caught that high up the pitch at Old Trafford when the game is 1-1 deep into the second half.

Other than Man City who are miles better than the rest of the league, no other team at the moment can produce the quality of football we are playing, not even Liverpool, and certainly not Chelsea, Spurs and United. United play Palace away this week, Palace will do the bus parking and United wont be able to find the spaces they found playing us and Liverpool. Ironically the beat us and Liverpool more convincingly than they did Southampton and Leicester City. Infact I think their goals against Southampton and Leicester were counter attacks - they have literally not scored a goal via breaking down a team's low block this year.

With our execution of this aggressive style of football, we are built to steamroll teams below us, but we need to be more tactically aware in the bigger games, especially away from home where the teams have more quality than the average premier league team. But mark my words, we will be a three point machine home and away against teams outside the top 6.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

We’ll be 5th or 6th again. Paper thin squad. Self harm FC.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:39 am
goonersid wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:37 am
wilson2.0 wrote:
goonersid wrote:

He made tactical errors yesterday for sure. But it cant be denied the level of football we are playing a high level of football. High press, high intensity with good passing movement. Arteta needs to check himself though, he gets really excited and when it went 1-1 we were way to aggressive chasing the winner. The goals were ridiculous. We should not be getting caught that high up the pitch at Old Trafford when the game is 1-1 deep into the second half.

Other than Man City who are miles better than the rest of the league, no other team at the moment can produce the quality of football we are playing, not even Liverpool, and certainly not Chelsea, Spurs and United. United play Palace away this week, Palace will do the bus parking and United wont be able to find the spaces they found playing us and Liverpool. Ironically the beat us and Liverpool more convincingly than they did Southampton and Leicester City. Infact I think their goals against Southampton and Leicester were counter attacks - they have literally not scored a goal via breaking down a team's low block this year.

With our execution of this aggressive style of football, we are built to steamroll teams below us, but we need to be more tactically aware in the bigger games, especially away from home where the teams have more quality than the average premier league team. But mark my words, we will be a three point machine home and away against teams outside the top 6.
We won’t because we haven’t got the depth in the squad to cope with the amount of fixtures we have coming up

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I think teams go through evolutionary processes of development, and there are different stages and hurdles within that development process that need to be cleared

GG's young guns of the late 80s, started it by getting us back winning a cup in 1987 - our first trophy in 8 years. They fluffed it against the best side in the country in Liverpool in his early days (and also against the likes of Everton who were the other top team of the era) before going to those grounds and getting statement victories.....en route to winning the league.

With this team, they needed to get back into European football first - done.

They now have 2 significant hurdles as far as I can see - one is to get back into the CL (be that in the top 4 or winning the EL). The second I'm afraid is that they have to win at either Old Trafford (and with actual fans there), Anfield, the Etihad or the New Swamp. Those places are becoming a mill stone round the club's neck and weighing just as heavily on these young shoulders as it was back in the 80s going to Anfield. Every time a result like yesterday's comes around, the questions continue to be asked. If we lose at all four of those grounds again this season and don't qualify for the CL, I'd have to ask whether it will ever happen under this management team. The Mickeys are going through transition, City don't look like the 100+ point version anymore, the Spuds are scraping by and United are bog awful. If the likes of Palace and Brighton can go to those places and take points, then we have too as well. We need to win at least one of those 3 for me to think we've taken that same step that GG's team did when they went to Anfield and Goodison and took 3 points and won massively pressurised games

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Taking off Zinchenko and Ode was understandable as both were injured before and may have injured themselves again trying to play 90, but to take off Sambi who was our only battling midfielder was mad, they had space in CM all game, it would have made sense with 20 mins to go, to move White into defensive midfield alongside Sambi, bring on Tommi to play RB and that would allow you to bring on Eddie and Vieira without leaving us empty and toothless in CM! Poor decision by Arteta that he needs to learn from.....and where were the other coaches questioning that decision? He's surrounded himself with yes men, just like his hero Wenger!

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Still irritated about the United game and the Premier League weekend in general.

Delighted with how we played but the re-refereeing of games that has robbed Arsenal, Newcastle, West Ham, Brighton and neutral fans of genuinely fantastic goals and great Premier League moments have been spoilt by the pedantic VAR killjoys. I’m genuinely missing the simplicity of the beautiful game I fell in love with.

Arteta’s 3-substitute clusterfuck that robbed Arsenal of all momentum with 20mins to go also still grates. What a wonderful performance up to that point.

By the way, I just love watching Zinchenko and Jesus play. 2 wonderful signings.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:53 am
Still irritated about the United game and the Premier League weekend in general.

Delighted with how we played but the re-refereeing of games that has robbed Arsenal, Newcastle, West Ham, Brighton and neutral fans of genuinely fantastic goals and great Premier League moments have been spoilt by the pedantic VAR killjoys. I’m genuinely missing the simplicity of the beautiful game I fell in love with.

Arteta’s 3-substitute clusterfuck that robbed Arsenal of all momentum with 20mins to go also still grates. What a wonderful performance up to that point.

By the way, I just love watching Zinchenko and Jesus play. 2 wonderful signings.
Yes, it really was an irritating one. We know defeats are coming during the season, but it's how they happen that irritates most. I can handle getting beat by a screamer or an outstanding team performance, but that's a bang average United team that we've allowed to roll us over. The substitutions were baffling - especially Sambi - but we also now need to realise that this Ben White at right back thing, needs to come to a swift end. Our inability to play the high line was self evident and we played them onside consistently, mostly down to White and Saliba.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

One thing I'd like to add is that I already know I'm going to hate this Antony c.unt with an absolute passion!

The stupid celebrations, the 'wannabe tough guy', the badge kissing, the Duran Duran highlights in his hair, stupid tattooes - what an uber c.unt! Takes over from Bruno as the player on their side I'd most like to suffer a serious injury.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:31 am
The challenge by Odegaard on Erickson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_quHQ2ncGc

Never a Foul, the C.unt Erickson went down quicker than when his heart stopped cheating c.unt. :banghead:
Ericsson lost control of the ball then tried to stick his leg out so it looked like he was getting fouled....Erisson had lost it
Utd scum was not going to accept us scoring

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

just cant get over that stamping on Jesus foot really early in the game and nothing said......think we picked up more bookings than them as well