FC Zurich A Thu 8th Sept KO 545pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: FC Zurich A Thu 8th Sept KO 545pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:12 pm
Triple substitution on the 70th minute. What could go wrong?
I knowwwww! Fuck the 3 fresh players came on and we were worse!

Made fucking hard work of that! :roll: .. Still a win's a win and for me Martinelli was Man Of T he Match! :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:02 pm
Serious speed and superb finish.

We’ve unearthed another gem folks :barscarf:

Lucky we didnt piss away a fortune signing neto or some other winger then :rubchin: :wink:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Glad we won but every game is becoming dicey with us now, last 3 wins in all comps 2-1, not surprising when we seem to piss away so many chances. Delighted for Marquinhos, he looked quality and might be worth a start or two for an out of sorts Saka.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I’m yet to see anything in any of our games this season which show us as capable of Top 4 or a proper trophy. Some bright spots for sure but a real lack of discipline and downright naïveté. We have shipped out some bad attitudes but we have also left ourselves light on proper experienced pros. We will be 5th or 6th and potless by the end of the season.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Only the winners of the groups goes straight into the knockout stages,if you finish 2nd in a group you go into a playoff against 1 of the teams who drop out of the CL groups according to the commentator on BT

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Can Holding actually do something other than his namesake? Everytime a ball went into our box he just had his arms all over the nearest player.

Tomiyasu was good again. Hope that he stays fit.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

begeegs wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:26 pm
Can Holding actually do something other than his namesake? Everytime a ball went into our box he just had his arms all over the nearest player.

Tomiyasu was good again. Hope that he stays fit.
Well his passing hasn’t improved, that’s for sure.

Him and Turner and Gabriel look well dodgy together, not sure we’d get away with that against PSV.

Mind you they drew 1-1 at home with Bodo / Glimt so it’s all going to plan so far ( whatever the plan is )

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

PSV and Bodo/Glimt drew so we top the league , but we have to do so much better when we are so superior. We seem to have a built in ability to drop to the level of a poor opponent and make things more difficult than they are.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:36 pm

Well his passing hasn’t improved, that’s for sure.

Him and Turner and Gabriel look well dodgy together, not sure we’d get away with that against PSV.

Mind you they drew 1-1 at home with Bodo / Glimt so it’s all going to plan so far ( whatever the plan is )
Yeah he has always been poor with passing. For a squad player, I guess you probably aren't going to improve a great deal on him. He's a bit Elnenyish....

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:48 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Lucky we didnt piss away a fortune signing neto or some other winger then :rubchin: :wink:
Yeah what fucking idiot on here was advocating we do that?

(deletes post history)

:wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:08 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:48 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Yeah what fucking idiot on here was advocating we do that?

(deletes post history)

:wink:
Bastard mod re-uploads that post history. :wink:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Never saw any of it, glad we won, sorry about the queen.

Let's move on.

wibble

Post by wibble »

A good goal and assist for Marquinhos, he looks promising. It will be good to see more of him in the europa.

Usually I’d have been fairly happy to see Xhaka and Sambi starting in the europa on the assumption it’s because other players are being rested. Seems ridiculous we let AMN go, particularly as it’s only a loan, when we have no other central midfield options.

Anyway, however poor the opposition, it’s good to get back to winning ways :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Good little runout for the team. Marquinhos looks a player suitable of giving Saka a run for his money. His crossing is probably the best I've seen at the club for a very long time. Tomi looks like he's ready to start in the first team again, as does Tierney.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Watched this one live in the early hours. Should have slept on and watched the replay. Not too impressed with our performance against a team that was on the bottom of the Swiss league table. Happy to get the result though !. Still think Saka is 'off' at the moment. Nice touch at half time with the armbands & silence. R.I.P. Queen Elizabeth. :barscarf: :barscarf: