Ginger knuckle dragging toffies H Weds 1st March KO 745pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Fat Frank's Blue dippers H Sun 11th Sept KO 2pm

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Immaterial of how people feel there will be a state funeral and the fuzz have to prepare for the influx of personalities, I should imagine the excessive manpower requirements have some influence

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:48 pm
Rugby Union fixtures going ahead this weekend but no football :banghead:
I often wonder why rugby is still around now that homosexuality has been legal for quite a while.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:32 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
I often wonder why rugby is still around now that homosexuality has been legal for quite a while.
:coffeespit:
Quality.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

arrgee wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:34 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:09 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:17 pm
:

Whilst I have no real hatred for the Queen as a person, her death affects me no more than if Madonna or Helen Mirren died.
Couldn't agree more mate; except for the Helen Mirren bit - Many's the wrist action I saw when she was in her prime :-P :D :oops:
Not Madonna in her prime? My cover of Like a Virgin was pretty well scrutinised. Front and rear…

Scrutinised being a euphemism I'm assuming! :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:10 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:32 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
:coffeespit:
Quality.
Very amusing :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

arrgee wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:04 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:34 pm
augie wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:31 pm
augie wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:49 pm
When is she being buried ? Are next weekends games likely to be pulled too ?

Anyone know the answer to this ?
As far as I know, not announced yet Augie.
Likely to be Monday and likely the Sunday games in London will be rescheduled due to lack of cops. So no Brentford v Arsenal nor Chelsea v Victims*
Why will there be no cops on Sunday if the funeral is on Monday?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

arrgee wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:05 pm
arrgee wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:55 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:17 pm
There's a real arrogance at play here that assumes everyone is a royalist. :roll:
At times like these, I find refuge in Netflix, Amazon Prime, Now TV and Apple Music. It will pass soon enough. When it happened back in 1997, I was about to fly off to Portugal and thought nothing of it. No internet, so didn’t hear much of it. When I returned, the whole country had gone bat sh!t.

Normally I plan my way around this sort of nonsense. That written, a long weekend in Dublin would be a good thing to do next weekend. Better check Ryanair.com.
Ryanair website not working :banghead: Probably a lot of demand for flights heading out this weekend. :)

Hopefully there is plenty of notice of Coronation day…
I flew out of London first thing this morning :D
Now sunning myself in Italy.

Cant escape from the Queen here though - it’s even wall to wall coverage on the Italian TV networks

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

It would have been more fitting that matches went ahead this weekend. As someone alluded to earlier it's about policing and I guess consider overtime, planning etc...
Was looking forward this game. See if we could bounce back after last week.
Bluenoses are made up that it's off because of Pickfords injury.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Personally I can't see why the games should be called off 60,000 people standing in silence in multiple stadiums would say more than nothing at all,
However as has already been reported a percentage ,however small ,can't be trusted to keep silent and their noise will tarnish more in the eyes of the rest of the population the media and the world .
I appreciate that many of you boys from over the water do not have the same feelings toward the Monarchy that many do here . Personally I don't care one way or the other but the woman had the respect of more than just the British population . She was given a job and did it under the constant glare of media attention ,she did it well and to many she was their distant grandmother .
I also see the double standards of Horse Racing and Cricket being played over the weekend ,if one is off so should all be . However it is what it is , I believe it was the decision of the Premier league hierarchy not the Police or the politicians .
So we have a week off but if the excuse for the cricket is that it's international and the away team is under a schedule then it's safe to say that the PSV game should go ahead on Thursday.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Football the Biggest sport in the UK, Football "Sport of the working classes" (yeah! Sure once upon a time)... gets cancelled, but the hoo hey henry's get to still feel each other up in those cuddles on the pitch.

The only benefit I can see from this is that any injured players we have and there are now a few, will get an extra week or so to hopefully get closer to a return.;

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

As a mark of respect the met office have packed up doing weather forecasts. Holy fucking shit some people have lost their minds.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

The whole reaction since the Queen's death has been extremely weird and over the top. Every news channel must be getting tips from state media in North Korea about how to praise the glorious leader. Every report in the last day or two has had some posh twat speaking in soundbites as though she had cured cancer. What's funny about the football being cancelled is that the every day person that would be attending the games still has to go to work on Monday, I wonder how the every day person going to an office job is respectful to her memory but attending football isn't?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I know, it actually feels like we the British Public are being forced to grieve... All the radio channels are Queen this new king that.. FFS.

The tV channels are all the same the BBC being the worst...It feels like there is this huge Big Black Cloud over everyone and everything and we MUST Suffer and feel Gloomy.. Oh! Woe is we FFS. :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

If it wasn't raining so much I'd have a Big Bash BBQ with loud music, loads of drink and have a BIG fuck-off firework display at Midnight... That'd show the fuckers. :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The fuckwits at the FA couldn’t piggy back on other sports decisions because none had been announced by the time they met yesterday, so they completely shit themselves, took the safe option and cancelled, terrified of what the reaction of the Daily Mail readers would be if they played on and others didn’t.

Play it safe and at least we won’t look like a bunch of morons by calling games off.

Then 2 hours later all other sports announced they were carrying on as normal and they were left looking like a bunch of complete incompetent wankers anyway.

At least they remained on brand.