Ginger knuckle dragging toffies H Weds 1st March KO 745pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonertux

Re: Fat Frank's Blue dippers H Sun 11th Sept KO 2pm

Post by goonertux »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:17 pm
There's a real arrogance at play here that assumes everyone is a royalist. :roll:

Personally I despise royalty, all royalty. Its an archane medieval concept that should no longer exist. The idea that some lazy inbred born into a life of privilege and unearned wealth is viewed as "superior" to a man that has worked hard all his life is mindless to me.

And this complete horseshit of the royal family "serving" the people and "living a life of service" is utter bollocks. Living in a castle and going on multiple holidays every year at the tax payers' expense is not "serving" or working ffs. :roll:

Whilst I have no real hatred for the Queen as a person, her death affects me no more than if Madonna or Helen Mirren died. They are just famous people that have had no impact on my life.

I understand a certain type of person wants to mourn or celebrate her life or whatever, but to cancel all these games and inconvenience so many hard working people is a disgrace. :x
Absolutely this! Said exactly the same to my wife and daughters. Except I compared it to hearing that Thora Hird had died (who may well be dead already!)
All this shit about serving for 70 years! She didn’t even open doors or wipe her own jewel-crusted arse! And as Billy Connolly said “She thinks the world smells of fresh paint!”
Will theatres, cinemas, restaurants all close? No, just football again! Next couple of weeks are gonna be excruciating!

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

If the Football is off this weekend then presumably it would have to be off when her funeral is on next weekend. Throw in the international break and then the world cup soon and there Is going to be a ridiculous fixture congestion.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:09 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
:

Whilst I have no real hatred for the Queen as a person, her death affects me no more than if Madonna or Helen Mirren died.
Couldn't agree more mate; except for the Helen Mirren bit - Many's the wrist action I saw when she was in her prime :-P :D :oops:
Not Madonna in her prime? My cover of Like a Virgin was pretty well scrutinised. Front and rear…

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Rugby Union fixtures going ahead this weekend but no football :banghead:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

DB10GOONER wrote:
There's a real arrogance at play here that assumes everyone is a royalist. :roll:
At times like these, I find refuge in Netflix, Amazon Prime, Now TV and Apple Music. It will pass soon enough. When it happened back in 1997, I was about to fly off to Portugal and thought nothing of it. No internet, so didn’t hear much of it. When I returned, the whole country had gone bat sh!t.

Normally I plan my way around this sort of nonsense. That written, a long weekend in Dublin would be a good thing to do next weekend. Better check Ryanair.com.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:48 pm
Rugby Union fixtures going ahead this weekend but no football :banghead:
Mustn’t upset the Hooray Henry’s weekend. But the oiks who go to football, that’s fine!

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

arrgee wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:55 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
At times like these, I find refuge in Netflix, Amazon Prime, Now TV and Apple Music. It will pass soon enough. When it happened back in 1997, I was about to fly off to Portugal and thought nothing of it. No internet, so didn’t hear much of it. When I returned, the whole country had gone bat sh!t.

Normally I plan my way around this sort of nonsense. That written, a long weekend in Dublin would be a good thing to do next weekend. Better check Ryanair.com.
Ryanair website not working :banghead: Probably a lot of demand for flights heading out this weekend. :)

Hopefully there is plenty of notice of Coronation day…

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

arrgee wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Long weekend in Dublin :lol: surely there's warmer climes where u can get robbed mugged and ripped off

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:06 pm
arrgee wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Long weekend in Dublin :lol: surely there's warmer climes where u can get robbed mugged and ripped off
Cork? :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arrgee wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:14 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:06 pm
arrgee wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Cork? :D
:lol: :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Personally I despise royalty, all royalty. Its an archane medieval concept that should no longer exist. The idea that some lazy inbred born into a life of privilege and unearned wealth is viewed as "superior" to a man that has worked hard all his life is mindless to me.

And this complete horseshit of the royal family "serving" the people and "living a life of service" is utter bollocks. Living in a castle and going on multiple holidays every year at the tax payers' expense is not "serving" or working ffs. :roll:

Whilst I have no real hatred for the Queen as a person, her death affects me no more than if Madonna or Helen Mirren died. They are just famous people that have had no impact on my life.

I understand a certain type of person wants to mourn or celebrate her life or whatever, but to cancel all these games and inconvenience so many hard working people is a disgrace. :x

Ahhh...now I know why we don’t get on.

:lol: :wink:

Midz

Post by Midz »

:D ^^

augie

Post by augie »

augie wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:49 pm
When is she being buried ? Are next weekends games likely to be pulled too ?

Anyone know the answer to this ?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:31 pm
augie wrote:

As far as I know, not announced yet Augie.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:34 pm
augie wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:31 pm
augie wrote:

As far as I know, not announced yet Augie.
Likely to be Monday and likely the Sunday games in London will be rescheduled due to lack of cops. So no Brentford v Arsenal nor Chelsea v Victims*
Last edited by arrgee on Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.