Ginger knuckle dragging toffies H Weds 1st March KO 745pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
beck

Re: Fat Frank's Blue dippers H Sun 11th Sept KO 2pm

Post by beck »

John F wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:39 am
wibble wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:53 am
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:06 am
The fuckwits at the FA couldn’t piggy back on other sports decisions because none had been announced by the time they met yesterday, so they completely shit themselves, took the safe option and cancelled, terrified of what the reaction of the Daily Mail readers would be if they played on and others didn’t.

Play it safe and at least we won’t look like a bunch of morons by calling games off.

Then 2 hours later all other sports announced they were carrying on as normal and they were left looking like a bunch of complete incompetent wankers anyway.

At least they remained on brand.
I reckon they were worried about people not respecting the minutes silence and the negative impact on their brand.

All the ‘posh’ sports are still going ahead as organisers must feel the people attending can be trusted to behave themselves!

As someone else pointed out earlier thank fuck for Netflix etc so we can avoid the nonsense in the media!
I have managed to watch the entire series of Reggie Perrin on YouTube :barscarf:
I would have watched it but I was 11 minutes late due to staff difficulties at Hampton wick

beck

Post by beck »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:07 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:34 pm
Personally I can't see why the games should be called off 60,000 people standing in silence in multiple stadiums would say more than nothing at all,
However as has already been reported a percentage ,however small ,can't be trusted to keep silent and their noise will tarnish more in the eyes of the rest of the population the media and the world .
I appreciate that many of you boys from over the water do not have the same feelings toward the Monarchy that many do here . Personally I don't care one way or the other but the woman had the respect of more than just the British population . She was given a job and did it under the constant glare of media attention ,she did it well and to many she was their distant grandmother .
I also see the double standards of Horse Racing and Cricket being played over the weekend ,if one is off so should all be . However it is what it is , I believe it was the decision of the Premier league hierarchy not the Police or the politicians .
So we have a week off but if the excuse for the cricket is that it's international and the away team is under a schedule then it's safe to say that the PSV game should go ahead on Thursday.
Sorry mate but it has nothing to do with nationality. People are either pro royalist or anti royalist. I'm personally anti all royalty and can never understand the serf mentality of those that worship a family of sponging unemployed inbreds that have never done a proper job in their life. I don't care what country a monarch is in, I firmly believe they should all be abolished. It is sickening to see these people born into a life of privilege and hailed as "hard working" and "serving" the public.
No they ain’t
Most people are temperate and dont give a fuck one way or the other about Elizabeth lite repeat infinitum until funny

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:00 pm
arrgee wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:26 pm
The moment the death was announced, the virtual signalling committee gathered and decided that cancelling ALL football (even under 11s) would send out the message that they really care. Meanwhile cricket and rugby did something.

I was due to go to Wimbledon for the football today, so I am quite happy with The FA decision. Only 9 days to go :roll:

Must confess, I am not looking forward to my next live game. England v Germany at the end of the month…
Hang on a minute - they even cancelled junior football???
That’s ridiculous
Yes, all football.

https://link.service.thefa.com/u/gm.php ... d5b09d3009

As a mark of respect, following the passing of Her Majesty the Queen, English football has united to postpone all football fixtures between 9-11 September.

The FA can confirm that all football fixtures across the Barclays Women’s Super League, Barclays Women’s Championship, the Vitality Women’s FA Cup, and the Isuzu FA Trophy, will be postponed this weekend. We can also confirm that all football fixtures across the National League System [NLS], Steps 1-6, including the Vanarama National Leagues, the Women’s Football Pyramid [WFP], Tiers 3-7, and matches across grassroots football in England will be postponed.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

arrgee wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:50 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
arrgee wrote:
The moment the death was announced, the virtual signalling committee gathered and decided that cancelling ALL football (even under 11s) would send out the message that they really care. Meanwhile cricket and rugby did something.

I was due to go to Wimbledon for the football today, so I am quite happy with The FA decision. Only 9 days to go :roll:

Must confess, I am not looking forward to my next live game. England v Germany at the end of the month…
That’s ridiculous
Yes, all football.

As a mark of respect, following the passing of Her Majesty the Queen, English football has united to postpone all football fixtures between 9-11 September.

The FA can confirm that all football fixtures across the Barclays Women’s Super League, Barclays Women’s Championship, the Vitality Women’s FA Cup, and the Isuzu FA Trophy, will be postponed this weekend. We can also confirm that all football fixtures across the National League System [NLS], Steps 1-6, including the Vanarama National Leagues, the Women’s Football Pyramid [WFP], Tiers 3-7, and matches across grassroots football in England will be postponed.
Given that the Queen was a woman surely they should consider cancelling all womens football this season? :wink: :D :D

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Starting to leak out now that if they had their time over again they wouldn’t have cancelled.

Never change you incompetent fucking c.unts :twisted:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:36 am
Starting to leak out now that if they had their time over again they wouldn’t have cancelled.

The old farts that still run the game haven’t got a scooby doo.
Last edited by StuartL on Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:36 am

:lol:

I think you can rest assured that they won't. :lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:13 am
arrgee wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:50 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
arrgee wrote:

That’s ridiculous
Yes, all football.

Given that the Queen was a woman surely they should consider cancelling all womens football this season? :wink: :D :D
:high5:

Aaaand! Stop ALL Female Pundits from ever commentating on any of the Men's Football Matches in any way shape or form Ever Again; especially as they too do NOT have a fucking Scooby Doo what they are Wittering on about in their ANNOYING dog whistle falsetto (9yr old boys voices - you know where his balls haven't dropped yet!) inanities!

John F

Post by John F »

beck wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:29 pm
John F wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:39 am
wibble wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
The fuckwits at the FA couldn’t piggy back on other sports decisions because none had been announced by the time they met yesterday, so they completely shit themselves, took the safe option and cancelled, terrified of what the reaction of the Daily Mail readers would be if they played on and others didn’t.

Play it safe and at least we won’t look like a bunch of morons by calling games off.

Then 2 hours later all other sports announced they were carrying on as normal and they were left looking like a bunch of complete incompetent wankers anyway.

I reckon they were worried about people not respecting the minutes silence and the negative impact on their brand.

All the ‘posh’ sports are still going ahead as organisers must feel the people attending can be trusted to behave themselves!

As someone else pointed out earlier thank fuck for Netflix etc so we can avoid the nonsense in the media!
I have managed to watch the entire series of Reggie Perrin on YouTube :barscarf:
I would have watched it but I was 11 minutes late due to staff difficulties at Hampton wick
:D I didn't get where I am today by being 11 minutes late at Hampton Wick

Nos89

Re: Fat Frank's Blue dippers (Postponed)

Post by Nos89 »

Been hearing rumblings of discontentment by the goodison faithful and they want lampard replaced by Wayne Rooney. By the time this game gets played, they could have a different manager.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:45 pm
Been hearing rumblings of discontentment by the goodison faithful and they want lampard replaced by Wayne Rooney. By the time this game gets played, they could have a different manager.
:rubchin: Hmmm! So they want to replace one Fat CU.NT with another Fat CU.NT!

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:45 pm
Who did a great job at Derby……fine by me :box: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

By time we get around to playing this no mark scousecunts ole Fatso Frank will be GONE!

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:49 am
By time we get around to playing this no mark scousecunts ole Fatso Frank will be GONE!
Let’s hope not. Would be nice to see him cry

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

wibble wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:07 pm
arrgee wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:51 pm
wibble wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Yes, it’s great to have an alternative to all media about the queen and king on Sky and Prime. Like House of Dragons and Rings of Power/
:lol:

I’m looking forward to catching up on ‘the crown’
Indeed, one month to catch up on all Sky Planner programmes. Along with 89! a few times......................