Ginger knuckle dragging toffies H Weds 1st March KO 745pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wibble

Re: Fat Frank's Blue dippers H Sun 11th Sept KO 2pm

Post by wibble »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:06 am
The fuckwits at the FA couldn’t piggy back on other sports decisions because none had been announced by the time they met yesterday, so they completely shit themselves, took the safe option and cancelled, terrified of what the reaction of the Daily Mail readers would be if they played on and others didn’t.

Play it safe and at least we won’t look like a bunch of morons by calling games off.

Then 2 hours later all other sports announced they were carrying on as normal and they were left looking like a bunch of complete incompetent wankers anyway.

At least they remained on brand.
I reckon they were worried about people not respecting the minutes silence and the negative impact on their brand.

All the ‘posh’ sports are still going ahead as organisers must feel the people attending can be trusted to behave themselves!

As someone else pointed out earlier thank fuck for Netflix etc so we can avoid the nonsense in the media!

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Just turned on BBC and a big throne set up for Charles to sit on while a bunch of ex PM and other politicians wait for him to come in and sit down, this is beyond goofy shit.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

All the sycophants pushing to the front to show the Country (and the World) they "Really Care"" and how Heart Broken they are... :wailer:

:roll:
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

John F

Post by John F »

wibble wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:53 am
rodders999 wrote:
The fuckwits at the FA couldn’t piggy back on other sports decisions because none had been announced by the time they met yesterday, so they completely shit themselves, took the safe option and cancelled, terrified of what the reaction of the Daily Mail readers would be if they played on and others didn’t.

Play it safe and at least we won’t look like a bunch of morons by calling games off.

Then 2 hours later all other sports announced they were carrying on as normal and they were left looking like a bunch of complete incompetent wankers anyway.

I reckon they were worried about people not respecting the minutes silence and the negative impact on their brand.

All the ‘posh’ sports are still going ahead as organisers must feel the people attending can be trusted to behave themselves!

As someone else pointed out earlier thank fuck for Netflix etc so we can avoid the nonsense in the media!
I have managed to watch the entire series of Reggie Perrin on YouTube :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

John F wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:39 am
wibble wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

I have managed to watch the entire series of Reggie Perrin on YouTube :barscarf:
I didn't know he was a member of the Royal Family! :shock: :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Actually what I meant to say was:

What!??? Aren't why aren't you doing a 72 hour food and water fast, whilst on bended knee praying like a fervent zealot and whipping yourself with barbs and thorn hairs to show your utter remorse for the irrevocable death of Her Majesty???

Eh!? Eh!?

:wink: :wink: :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:46 am
As a mark of respect the met office have packed up doing weather forecasts. Holy fucking shit some people have lost their minds.
Hopefully, you have a window that you are able to take a peek out of and make your own mind up ?

🌞☔️🌈🌤

augie

Post by augie »

Has she been put down yet ? :yawn:

augie

Post by augie »

wibble wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

NFL is back baby :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thank the Gods and The Goddess for Drogon TV. :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :flag:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:34 pm
Personally I can't see why the games should be called off 60,000 people standing in silence in multiple stadiums would say more than nothing at all,
However as has already been reported a percentage ,however small ,can't be trusted to keep silent and their noise will tarnish more in the eyes of the rest of the population the media and the world .
I appreciate that many of you boys from over the water do not have the same feelings toward the Monarchy that many do here . Personally I don't care one way or the other but the woman had the respect of more than just the British population . She was given a job and did it under the constant glare of media attention ,she did it well and to many she was their distant grandmother .
I also see the double standards of Horse Racing and Cricket being played over the weekend ,if one is off so should all be . However it is what it is , I believe it was the decision of the Premier league hierarchy not the Police or the politicians .
So we have a week off but if the excuse for the cricket is that it's international and the away team is under a schedule then it's safe to say that the PSV game should go ahead on Thursday.
Sorry mate but it has nothing to do with nationality. People are either pro royalist or anti royalist. I'm personally anti all royalty and can never understand the serf mentality of those that worship a family of sponging unemployed inbreds that have never done a proper job in their life. I don't care what country a monarch is in, I firmly believe they should all be abolished. It is sickening to see these people born into a life of privilege and hailed as "hard working" and "serving" the public.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:11 am
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:46 am
As a mark of respect the met office have packed up doing weather forecasts. Holy fucking shit some people have lost their minds.
Hopefully, you have a window that you are able to take a peek out of and make your own mind up ?

🌞☔️🌈🌤
No windows in DB’s basement unfortunately :cry:

The golf is on, the rugby is on, the horse racing is on, the cricket is on, but the sad fucks in the FA are sitting in a darkened room at home squinting through a gap in their curtains pondering when it will be safe to come back out again :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

wibble wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

I think you are missing the point here.
All sports I think are trying to give a token gesture of a day off to show their respects.

Golf and cricket took yesterday off, horse racing is actually taking two days off - yesterday and today.
Understandable given she was a big horse racing fan.

Football is taking today off - however because fixtures are spread over the weekend these days, it feels like longer.

For me the bigger issue is why there needs to be an international break later this month.
Now that is a complete and utter fucking waste of time and happens every year. This is a complete one off.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Bad weekend compounded for me, with aer lingus cancelling all flights after 2pm today due to an IT glitch ,spent nearly 4 hrs queuing outside the terminal ,to be told at 1.55 flight was cancelled

And then to top it off ,went into a shop ordered a plain chicken baguette, paid for it went to get the bus to go home, opened the baguette and no chicken in it ,girl behind the deli thought I ordered just a plain baguette. I'm now going to go out and shoot an albatross for luck.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

wibble wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Yes, it’s great to have an alternative to all the media about the queen and the king on Sky and Prime. Like House of The Dragons and The Rings of Power.
Last edited by arrgee on Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.