Search Engines

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
begeegs

Search Engines

Post by begeegs »

Here is a good video talking about the state of search engines currently available. The premise of the video was that search engines are starting to censor themselves and limit results on controversial searches (the example being January 6th in the video). This video covers only Google and DuckDuckGo, however.

https://youtu.be/8O_NvPpbsbw

I tested his search results on 7 different browsers now with very similar results. The worry is that censorship is slowly taking over what was once a wonderful invention for pro-corporate and approved messaging (ie - similar to the Trusted News Initiative - https://www.bbc.com/beyondfakenews/trus ... nitiative/)

DB10GOONER

Re: Search Engines

Post by DB10GOONER »

Dude, do we need to do an intervention here? First the bizarre newfound love for Lobotomy Clive and now the weird non football threads about energy prices and search engines! :lol: :wink: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Awww! don't mate he'll do a new thread on Interventions next. :lol: :wink: :wink:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Firstly - my love of Clive and lettuce has no boundaries.

But the video is worrying in that it looks like we soon will have state controlled internet just like the beloved Chinese and with CBDCs on the horizon, the worst is yet to come.

Regarding energy - my prediction is that the state will take over supplies in the future.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thing is mate, the "State" (Big Brother) monitor EVERYTHING already, and whilst I agree with you 1,000% that it should be kept out of their hands, just like the BBC etc...There is no way to stop it other than going out on the streets and protesting and we both know that's not going to happen with the way British people are... That's one of the things that can be said about the French - They Know How To Fucking Protest! :barscarf:

Yeah! Lettuce and Clive are of the same family.

I can just about remember how the Gas, Electricity & Water used to be Government owned, before that SLAG.*word censored*.WHORE Thatcher got into power...

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Yeah - I agree about the lack of protests, but wonder if that will change this winter.

I saw something of a false dichotomy with a proposal to cap energy prices and pay bills which would be billions in taxpayer money or nationalise energy which would be a fraction - so more state control. With CBDCs and some of the other shite coming in (social credit scores, electric cars with a kill switch, vaccine passports, etc), perhaps people will protest a bit more or our kids will grow up in even more of a surveillance state, sadly.