PSV Eindhoven H Thurs October 20th KO 6PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

PSV Eindhoven H Thurs October 20th KO 6PM

Post by falkirk goon »

Next up its PSV at ours,they drew 1-1 in the first game so a win here would put us firmly in the driving seat.I think 2 or 3-1 to us.
Last edited by falkirk goon on Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: PSV Eindhoven H Thurs 15th Sept KO 8pm

Post by StuartL »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:42 pm
Next up its PSV at ours,they drew 1-1 in the first game so a win here would put us firmly in the driving seat.I think 2 or 3-1 to us.
They have a game today too, so we have loads more rest and preparation time than them.

Should have enough in the tank to see them off relatively comfortably, you would expect, if we play anywhere near our attacking potential.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

PSV are at home to Walwiik ( I think ) at 1.30 and Bodo/Glimt are away to Tromso at 5.30 . A chance to get streams up and see what's coming. Better than the wall to wall coverage of " we all know what "

wibble

Post by wibble »

PSV are in this competition after getting beaten by rangers over two legs. Presumably that means they are a bit shit

Midz

Post by Midz »

the poor fuckers finish 2nd in their league and then get knocked out of the CL by Rangers in a qualifying round.

Yeah ok, they're shit but we're not adverse to getting beaten by shit so we need to step up.

7-0 to the Arsenal :D :D

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Cancelled due to a lack of police numbers in one of the biggest cities on earth :coffeespit:

That’s it I’m done.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Have they (Uefa and the club) considered doing the bleeding obvious and just reverse the match day venue?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:51 pm
Have they (Uefa and the club) considered doing the bleeding obvious and just reverse the match day venue?
I’d imagine people already have flights/accommodation booked for the away fixture so that wouldn’t be an option.

What an absolute cluster fuck.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:53 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:51 pm
I’d imagine people already have flights/accommodation booked for the away fixture so that wouldn’t be an option.

What an absolute cluster fuck.
Didn't bother them for the home game at the weekend in which a few hundred Gooners had booked and travelled from afar. Which, by the way I thought was a bad decision. Unless the FA postpone an international week to get games played, cannot see where they'll fit the games in.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC Sports:

Arsenal's Europa League tie with PSV Eindhoven has been postponed because of "severe limitations on police resources" following the death of Queen Elizabeth II.

The match was due to take place at Emirates Stadium on Thursday.

Uefa said a new date for the match would be communicated in due course. :roll:

However, BBC Sport understands Chelsea's Champions League group stage match against Red Bull Salzburg on Wednesday will go ahead as planned.

European football governing body Uefa is satisfied all security needs around the game will be met at Stamford Bridge.

Around 3,000 PSV fans were expected at the match.

A Uefa statement announcing the postponement, said: "This is due to the severe limitations on police resources and organisational issues related to the ongoing events surrounding the national mourning for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II."

What a load of Bollocks.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Brentford on Sunday has to be postponed then? It’s the day before the funeral, the last day the public can see the Queen’s coffin and presidents/prime ministers all start arriving in the capital. If Police are over stretched on Thursday, Sunday there’s no chance.

Then it’s international break so 4 weeks without a game at a time we were supposed to be cramming in fixtures before the World Cup :rubchin:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Re: PSV Eindhoven (Postponed)

Post by Leyton Gooner »

I know how the fixture pile up could be solved. The corrupt greedy wankers desperate for their Arab cash will never do it though

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Has the Chelsea home game on Weds been cancelled yet? Has it fuck, ECL too important.

Now tell me whose fans are more likely to cause a problem :rubchin:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:47 pm
Has the Chelsea home game on Weds been cancelled yet? Has it fuck, ECL too important.

Now tell me whose fans are more likely to cause a problem :rubchin:
Probably more about 3,000 Dutch fans. Not sure RB Salzburg would bring too many fans as they only get around 10,000 at their home games.
Personally, I don't think there would be a problem, and it's daft that supporters who have booked flights, tickets and accommodation are being treated so poorly.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

g88ner wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:44 pm
Brentford on Sunday has to be postponed then? It’s the day before the funeral, the last day the public can see the Queen’s coffin and presidents/prime ministers all start arriving in the capital. If Police are over stretched on Thursday, Sunday there’s no chance.

Then it’s international break so 4 weeks without a game at a time we were supposed to be cramming in fixtures before the World Cup :rubchin:
I don't understand why one game in London on a Thursday is such a problem. Most likely Brighton in League Cup will make way for rearranged PSV game. Also if Arsenal progress in Europa League and League Cup, it will become very difficult to shoehorn the three games into January - May.