PSV Eindhoven H Thurs October 20th KO 6PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: PSV Eindhoven (Postponed)

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:35 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:32 am
Arsenal v PSV Eindhoven, originally scheduled for tomorrow, will now be played on Thursday 20 October, 6pm. This means #AFC v #MCFC PL game scheduled for October 19 will be rearranged. "A new date ... will be announced in due course," @premierleague says.
Perfect - as I predicted earlier
I will also be able to get to the rearranged game :barscarf:

I must say it is very good of the club to postpone matches this week to allow myself to go on holiday :D
Tory cuts helping you out. :lol:

Arsenal Till I Die

Re: PSV Eindhoven H Thurs October 20th KO 6PM

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Can someone explain to me why Chelsea can play tonight but we can’t tomorrow? There’s still the same number of old bill in London.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The Fix Is In. :?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:03 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:07 pm
Any reason why they can't postpone the international break for a week to allow premier league to catch up? No didn't think there was one.

Maybe because the international break affects dozens of countries and leagues, and cant be planned around the whim of one football association who should never have called off their games in the first place :roll:
No European country wants to play the Nations League anyway so nobody will miss it.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:29 pm
Can someone explain to me why Chelsea can play tonight but we can’t tomorrow? There’s still the same number of old bill in London.
20,000 more supporters and PSV fans are a bit more lively than Salzberg.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:10 pm
Tory government to blame here - too many police cuts

The obvious date for rearranging will be the Man City game in October - play it instead as a title decider in May
Beginning to think you're a Scouser with that sort of attitude :)
Never heard so many of them saying they'd rather work than have a bank holiday. Strange things are happening.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:35 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:32 am
Arsenal v PSV Eindhoven, originally scheduled for tomorrow, will now be played on Thursday 20 October, 6pm. This means #AFC v #MCFC PL game scheduled for October 19 will be rearranged. "A new date ... will be announced in due course," @premierleague says.
Perfect - as I predicted earlier
I will also be able to get to the rearranged game :barscarf:

I must say it is very good of the club to postpone matches this week to allow myself to go on holiday :D
Works out well for me with the early kick off. Won’t be working so a couple of beers at Highbury Corner followed by the game and then back to pub for a longer than expected evening. With a bit of luck won’t be leaving after the last overground train to Stratford has departed.
I dislike the 8pm kick offs as game ends around 10pm which after a beer or two means I am often not home until gone 1am.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:48 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:29 pm
20,000 more supporters and PSV fans are a bit more lively than Salzberg.
Probably only bring 3,000 and I don’t remember any issues when PSV played at Arsenal in the past. Over reaction cancelling the game.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I've given up trying to work out how their minds work . There's no logic , never has been.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It's All about the money and whom they are seeking to please. FACT.

Midz

Post by Midz »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:35 pm
I've given up trying to work out how their minds work . There's no logic , never has been.
This ^^

augie

Post by augie »

Is she buried yet ? :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:35 pm
And to think we laughed at Kim Jong Un :lol:

:wink:

Augster you're the forums resident American footablll guru, I'm only a casual fan that dips in and out (easy now :wink: ) - go Bears - but has the position the extra point is kicked from changed? Seems like it's now further out and towards the sides rather than just a few yards back and directly in front of the posts.

I had a google but it turned up fuck up all, have I completely lost my marbles or has something changed?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:26 pm
augie wrote:

Augster you're the forums resident American footablll guru, I'm only a casual fan that dips in and out (easy now :wink: ) - go Bears - but has the position the extra point is kicked from changed? Seems like it's now further out and towards the sides rather than just a few yards back and directly in front of the posts.

I had a google but it turned up fuck up all, have I completely lost my marbles or has something changed?
As proper football is being ruined by VAR, over saturation, and modern mercenary cûnt players etc etc I too find myself dipping in and out (steady :wink: ) of Murican throw ball. :shock:

Was a bit of a Raiders fan back in the 80s but am now quite impressed by that chap Mahomes at the Kansas City Throwy Franchise Team. Reminds me of The Bergkamp with some of the fancy shit he does with the ball. 8)

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:26 pm
augie wrote:

Yes they have moved the extra point line back last season or season before, and you would be amazed how many extra points have been missed since :shock: