Brentford bulbeyes A (12pm Sunday 18th Sept)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Re: Brentford bulbeyes A (12pm Sunday 18th Sept)

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:24 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:13 pm
We went to Brentford and stole their tollies :barscarf: Very enjoyable, professional performance from us 8)

:rubchin: Cough!

Are you sure mate!???

Definition of a Tollie:

"Tollie - Urban Dictionaryhttps://www.urbandictionary.com › define › term=tollie
the result of a drunken night of shameless sex involving a soldering iron, anal eaze, hand-cuffs, a gerbil, ice cubes, and of course candles(to set the mood)."

Sound like something SteveO & Rodders would be into! :D
Up here a tolley is a shite or a jobby :D A boy who likes other boys is sometimes described as a Tolley thief or a Turd burglar

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Personally I think there is a lot of negativity on this forum in general but also I realise a lot of it is merited with how shit we have been the last few years.

However I feel there is an incredible vendetta against Xhaka. I personally do not rate him and still would like to see him leave for various reasons but for me football is a fickle sport and I feel this season thus far he has done far more good than he has bad. Notwithstanding the fact he may well get a red card in 2 weeks and fuck the NLD for us which I hope he doesn’t but I just do not feel the negativity he is getting at this moment for the performances he is putting in is warranted.

He is getting forward and creating some important goals so far and has chipped in with a goal himself.

Genuinely feel he could score a hat trick next week against the filth and would fail to get any credit from some here which upsets me because it’s usually a forum of balanced views.

Not looking for arguments just my two bobs worth.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

scotgooner wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:05 pm
Personally I think there is a lot of negativity on this forum in general but also I realise a lot of it is merited with how shit we have been the last few years.

However I feel there is an incredible vendetta against Xhaka. I personally do not rate him and still would like to see him leave for various reasons but for me football is a fickle sport and I feel this season thus far he has done far more good than he has bad. Notwithstanding the fact he may well get a red card in 2 weeks and fuck the NLD for us which I hope he doesn’t but I just do not feel the negativity he is getting at this moment for the performances he is putting in is warranted.

He is getting forward and creating some important goals so far and has chipped in with a goal himself.

Genuinely feel he could score a hat trick next week against the filth and would fail to get any credit from some here which upsets me because it’s usually a forum of balanced views.

Quick question. Why do you think he deserves to be "credited" for doing nothing more than what any average player does? Especially after he told his own fans to fuck off, especially after he has been shit far more often than he has been average or good in his six years at the club, especially after he lied and said Arsenal fans had racially abused him and threatened his wife and kids, especially after he said fuck the club and wanted to walk away like a spoiled child, especially after the Amazon doc showed him trying to blame his stupid fuck up on a junior player, especially after the majority of his stupid red cards came from him being a childish selfish self centred cùnt.

Why does this guy get to get away with all that?

Because he has chipped in with a couple of fluked assists, one good assist, a single goal and a handful of performances that were average at best but mostly below average when compared to the required standard in the league? All whilst on 100 - 150k a week.

OK not as quick as I thought it would be! :lol: :wink:

Not looking for an argument either SG, but I'm interested in why the bar gets set so low for this reptile.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

scotgooner wrote:

If you took a view, on this season’s performances alone, then yes his criticism is over the top.

However, he has 5 ? previous seasons worth of offences to be taken into account, where he has been a liability on the pitch and disgraced the shirt while wearing the captains armband.

In his current role, he is doing well, but in my opinion ESR, with his strong running style (when fit )and also Vieira with his control and ability to pick a pass would do that role even better.

He looks better as he is further forward and not exposing our defence when he loses possession

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:22 pm
scotgooner wrote:

Quick question. Why do you think he deserves to be "credited" for doing nothing more than what any average player does? Especially after he told his own fans to fuck off, especially after he has been shit far more often than he has been average or good in his six years at the club, especially after he lied and said Arsenal fans had racially abused him and threatened his wife and kids, especially after he said fuck the club and wanted to walk away like a spoiled child, especially after the Amazon doc showed him trying to blame his stupid fuck up on a junior player, especially after the majority of his stupid red cards came from him being a childish selfish self centred cùnt.

Because he has chipped in with a couple of fluked assists, one good assist, a single goal and a handful of performances that were average at best but mostly below average when compared to the required standard in the league? All whilst on 100 - 150k a week.

Not looking for an argument either SG, but I'm interested in why the bar gets set so low for this reptile.

I knew you’d be first to reply and you didn’t disappoint! :D

I genuinely can’t disagree with a word you say because I do agree with it all I am merely going with what I see right now and I don’t feel he is doing a bad job in a team that is looking pretty solid atm. I refuse to have egg on my face in the coming weeks if he completely fucks us over in another moment of madness because I have said for years he is a disaster but personally for the time being I’m happy enough with his performances.

If he could have a solid game , dominate the midfield and help us to a monumental win against them in a couple weeks it would go a long way for his critics but it’s a big IF.

Anyway for the time being , top of the league is a nice feeling isn’t it! :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

scotgooner wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:37 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
scotgooner wrote:

I genuinely can’t disagree with a word you say because I do agree with it all I am merely going with what I see right now and I don’t feel he is doing a bad job in a team that is looking pretty solid atm. I refuse to have egg on my face in the coming weeks if he completely fucks us over in another moment of madness because I have said for years he is a disaster but personally for the time being I’m happy enough with his performances.

If he could have a solid game , dominate the midfield and help us to a monumental win against them in a couple weeks it would go a long way for his critics but it’s a big IF.

I hate to disappoint! :lol: :wink:

Top is a great feeling alright. :barscarf:

But you know what? I can't help but think how much better this team could be with a quality player in that position instead of him. We have the nucleus of a team that could win the league. But we need to iron out a few wrinkles around injury plagued players and having top players in every position.

Straight up though he scores the winner against the scum and I'll be singing his name! :D :wink:

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:41 pm
scotgooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
scotgooner wrote:

But you know what? I can't help but think how much better this team could be with a quality player in that position instead of him. We have the nucleus of a team that could win the league. But we need to iron out a few wrinkles around injury plagued players and having top players in every position.

Straight up though he scores the winner against the scum and I'll be singing his name! :D :wink:
If I ever hear DB10 singing Granit Xhaka’s name we will need a national holiday never mind all this queen stuff! :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:41 pm
scotgooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
scotgooner wrote:

Does it go something like this:

Ellllll Cuuunto Oh Whoa Ah Whoa Whoa

:D

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Hahaha thank you Wrighty on motd 2. Knowledge!

beck

Post by beck »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:33 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:10 pm
Thoroughly enjoyed that , great 3 points , wait for the still haven't played anyone yet remarks. Were a different team this year , Saliba has made a massive difference, Vieira looks exciting, Jesus is a beast. Still think we can go up a level if Clive gets injured .
Its only 2 o clock so a good 12 hours of drinking to celebrate now :barscarf:
As happy as we all are at being top and winning games it is true that the only so called "big game" we've had we lost..... and against probably the poorest manure team in a quarter century....

I always say you can only play what's in front of you and this season we have won games we have lost previously. But I'll be a bit more convinced by this team if we beat both the scum and the victims. And lets remember that is two teams that are now a shade of the teams they've been for the last two or three years. If we fold to them like we did to manure then nothing has changed for me.

Not negativity just realism. 8)
The narrative has been that Man City and Liverpool have been setting standards unseen before
Spurs have had their best ever premier league start
But now arsenal are playing well and having our best start in 15 years it’s because of a weak league
Don’t get caught up in that enjoying your team doing well shit and players playing better stuff
If you said they ain’t no good then it’s vital you don’t get proved wrong
70 odd summers on this vale of tears
Why waste them being enthusiastic

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Due to work I missed the game live but delighted with the result. At the start of the season had you said we would have 18 points and be top of the league I'd have absolutely taken it. Delighted for Vieira with his goal and I think he'll prove to be a huge signing. One thing that bugs me is the nonsense the media spout about us being title challengers and I think they do it so when we are in a top 4 race they'll claim we are sliding down the league.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

beck wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:09 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:33 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:10 pm
Thoroughly enjoyed that , great 3 points , wait for the still haven't played anyone yet remarks. Were a different team this year , Saliba has made a massive difference, Vieira looks exciting, Jesus is a beast. Still think we can go up a level if Clive gets injured .
Its only 2 o clock so a good 12 hours of drinking to celebrate now :barscarf:
As happy as we all are at being top and winning games it is true that the only so called "big game" we've had we lost..... and against probably the poorest manure team in a quarter century....

I always say you can only play what's in front of you and this season we have won games we have lost previously. But I'll be a bit more convinced by this team if we beat both the scum and the victims. And lets remember that is two teams that are now a shade of the teams they've been for the last two or three years. If we fold to them like we did to manure then nothing has changed for me.

Not negativity just realism. 8)
The narrative has been that Man City and Liverpool have been setting standards unseen before
Spurs have had their best ever premier league start
But now arsenal are playing well and having our best start in 15 years it’s because of a weak league
Don’t get caught up in that enjoying your team doing well shit and players playing better stuff
If you said they ain’t no good then it’s vital you don’t get proved wrong
70 odd summers on this vale of tears
Why waste them being enthusiastic
To be fair, City and Liverpool have raised the bar, and points totals show that.

Hardly any pundits tipped us for top 4 this season, so they can’t remind people of their ability to be wrong can they ?

Fuck em all, fuck em all

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:25 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Masterful performance. We didn't give Brentford a moment to breathe in that game. I can't believe I'm going to say this but Xhaka was my man of the match. I thought he was excellent. Pinpoint cross for Jesus' goal. Defended well and passing was excellent. Don't think he lost possession either.
It's only 7 games in but going into October top of the league is somewhere I didn't expect us to be. We have a title challenging team here. At this point in the season only Man City have shown a better team.
Stop mate ffs. How could Lobotomy Clive be motm? :oops: He did nothing more than you'd expect from the most average of players. Saliba had a brilliant game controlling our defence. Jesus was everywhere winning balls fighting for everything and even making Clive's shit pass to him work. And hey let's ignore the three or four times Lobotomy lost possession whilst under no pressure, or the stupid booking that only an idiot picks up. Fucks sake, if you set the bar any lower for Lobotomy he'll just step over it with his eyes closed. :lol: :wink:

You've been accused of being a wum on here on several occasions mate - and I've always defended you and your right to post what you want - but that post above is ridiculous, with all due respect. :|
Xhaka had a decent performance yesterday. Obviously.

Personally I don’t agree but there’s several media outlets who had Xhaka as MOTM and loads of others who gave him a high rating so Nos89 is far from alone in that.

It’s a weird forum when it’s normal to call Xhaka a c.unt, normal to say you hope he gets injured, but out comes the wum word when Nos89 praises his performance. Very harsh that :lol: :lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:25 pm
Hahaha thank you Wrighty on motd 2. Knowledge!
What did he say? I didn’t watch MOTD

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

g88ner wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:37 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:25 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Masterful performance. We didn't give Brentford a moment to breathe in that game. I can't believe I'm going to say this but Xhaka was my man of the match. I thought he was excellent. Pinpoint cross for Jesus' goal. Defended well and passing was excellent. Don't think he lost possession either.
It's only 7 games in but going into October top of the league is somewhere I didn't expect us to be. We have a title challenging team here. At this point in the season only Man City have shown a better team.
Stop mate ffs. How could Lobotomy Clive be motm? :oops: He did nothing more than you'd expect from the most average of players. Saliba had a brilliant game controlling our defence. Jesus was everywhere winning balls fighting for everything and even making Clive's shit pass to him work. And hey let's ignore the three or four times Lobotomy lost possession whilst under no pressure, or the stupid booking that only an idiot picks up. Fucks sake, if you set the bar any lower for Lobotomy he'll just step over it with his eyes closed. :lol: :wink:

You've been accused of being a wum on here on several occasions mate - and I've always defended you and your right to post what you want - but that post above is ridiculous, with all due respect. :|
Xhaka had a decent performance yesterday. Obviously.

Personally I don’t agree but there’s several media outlets who had Xhaka as MOTM and loads of others who gave him a high rating so Nos89 is far from alone in that.

It’s a weird forum when it’s normal to call Xhaka a c.unt, normal to say you hope he gets injured, but out comes the wum word when Nos89 praises his performance. Very harsh that :lol: :lol:
The first poster was saying xhaka was his MOTM...fair enough thats his opinion......my opinion is with Martinelli, Saliba, Jesus, Viera and the impressive Partey way ahead of him most people would agree thats a nonsense statement