Brentford bulbeyes A (12pm Sunday 18th Sept)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
herbert

Re: Brentford bulbeyes A (12pm Sunday 18th Sept)

Post by herbert »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:18 pm
herbert wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:05 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:52 pm
herbert wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:39 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:22 am

I take it that you didn't listen to the audio :lol:
😁
We've got Granit Xhaka

He played well and he was easily in the top 5 footballers on that pitch yesterday
No. No, he wasn't.
😁
Did you watch that game with your eyes closed ?
Nope. With my eyes open I watched the idiot do a lot of pointing, play the usual stupid blind ball across the pitch to lose possession under no pressure whatsoever, pick up the standard stupid booking, fire a terrible return pass at Jesus's knees, and do not much else apart from the bare minimum that anyone would expect from a professional footballer earning north of 100k a week.

But hey yeah, one good cross for an assist! The bar has now been set so low in the hysterical "Lobotomy Clive is rehabilitated" agenda that this makes him motm for some people. Utter nonsense. He wasn't even in the top 15 players on that pitch never mind the top 5.

Did you watch with your eyes closed? :rubchin:

There's a certain element in our fanbase that I've never understood. The ones that can see no wrong in anything to do with the club whether it be a poor player or a poor manager, the ones that equate blind sheep mentality with "loyalty".

People like this guy:
Ohh you bitch

How did you know that was me😁

Wrighty gave in last night on motd and about half of that away crowd yesterday were shocked that they were applauding Xhaka and singing his song so there is hope for you yet👍

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

herbert wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:56 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:18 pm
herbert wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:05 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:52 pm
herbert wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:39 am

😁
We've got Granit Xhaka

He played well and he was easily in the top 5 footballers on that pitch yesterday
No. No, he wasn't.
😁
Did you watch that game with your eyes closed ?
Nope. With my eyes open I watched the idiot do a lot of pointing, play the usual stupid blind ball across the pitch to lose possession under no pressure whatsoever, pick up the standard stupid booking, fire a terrible return pass at Jesus's knees, and do not much else apart from the bare minimum that anyone would expect from a professional footballer earning north of 100k a week.

But hey yeah, one good cross for an assist! The bar has now been set so low in the hysterical "Lobotomy Clive is rehabilitated" agenda that this makes him motm for some people. Utter nonsense. He wasn't even in the top 15 players on that pitch never mind the top 5.

Did you watch with your eyes closed? :rubchin:

There's a certain element in our fanbase that I've never understood. The ones that can see no wrong in anything to do with the club whether it be a poor player or a poor manager, the ones that equate blind sheep mentality with "loyalty".

People like this guy:
Ohh you bitch

How did you know that was me😁

Wrighty gave in last night on motd and about half of that away crowd yesterday were shocked that they were applauding Xhaka and singing his song so there is hope for you yet👍
:lol:

I don't think there's any hope for me where this guy is concerned! :wink:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

beck wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:29 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:45 am
g88ner wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:37 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:25 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:13 pm
Masterful performance. We didn't give Brentford a moment to breathe in that game. I can't believe I'm going to say this but Xhaka was my man of the match. I thought he was excellent. Pinpoint cross for Jesus' goal. Defended well and passing was excellent. Don't think he lost possession either.
It's only 7 games in but going into October top of the league is somewhere I didn't expect us to be. We have a title challenging team here. At this point in the season only Man City have shown a better team.
Stop mate ffs. How could Lobotomy Clive be motm? :oops: He did nothing more than you'd expect from the most average of players. Saliba had a brilliant game controlling our defence. Jesus was everywhere winning balls fighting for everything and even making Clive's shit pass to him work. And hey let's ignore the three or four times Lobotomy lost possession whilst under no pressure, or the stupid booking that only an idiot picks up. Fucks sake, if you set the bar any lower for Lobotomy he'll just step over it with his eyes closed. :lol: :wink:

You've been accused of being a wum on here on several occasions mate - and I've always defended you and your right to post what you want - but that post above is ridiculous, with all due respect. :|
Xhaka had a decent performance yesterday. Obviously.

Personally I don’t agree but there’s several media outlets who had Xhaka as MOTM and loads of others who gave him a high rating so Nos89 is far from alone in that.

It’s a weird forum when it’s normal to call Xhaka a c.unt, normal to say you hope he gets injured, but out comes the wum word when Nos89 praises his performance. Very harsh that :lol: :lol:
The first poster was saying xhaka was his MOTM...fair enough thats his opinion......my opinion is with Martinelli, Saliba, Jesus, Viera and the impressive Partey way ahead of him most people would agree thats a nonsense statement
And they all play for Arsenal
Happy days
Exactly they all play for the Arsenal....we now have some terrific talent to watch....im well pleased
after years of watching dross at CB we now have an absolute gem...

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

As Redarmy rightly says we have some 'terrific talent'.

We need to ensure that the talent we do have remain with us AND that more players of that calibre are added to the squad, the last thing we need to do is sit on our laurels and think the job is done.

We still have far to go and much to do if we are to realistically challenge for the Prem and Other trophies.

There needs to be quality back-up players, so that no one player can think they have ownership of a position; competition between players is a Good Thing.

I also think we need to get rid of Clive, his games have improved this season BUT he had set the bar so low that some kind of improvemtn was not difficult. He is still a dull cunnt and does Not have a Football Brain, he still makes the kind of ill-thought passes and tackles that might be excused in a complete novice and just because the well meaning fans sing a song for him doesn't mean he is Good Enough for THE Arsenal and a team who have aspirations to challenge for all trophies.

The back-up Goalkeeper position needs looking at because if Ramsdale gets crocked, that turner does anything but convince me he is good enough to commend that position.

Holding nice lad though he appears to be needs replacing with someone better.

Partey, Tierney and Tomiyasu sadly look like they will be on some kind of semi-perma-crock list. We have Zinchenko yes, but we need a Mid-field Marshall & Commander, someone who can protect the back-line, command mid-field and support the attack. I don't know who and such a player would cost plenty of Wonga, but it is in my book and Absolute Necessity.

Brentford had an off-day compared to how they usually turn-up and we took full advantage of that , we played well, but there are sterner and tougher opponents waiting... talking of which the ScummyCuntSwampDwellers need teaching a lesson, so that they and Cunte realise they will forever be in Arsenal's shadow. #COYG

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

The whole thing around Nwaneri getting his debut at 15 may be a little clearer. Arteta says it was a 'gut feeling' but I've read that Liverpool and other clubs have been seriously sniffing around him. I think I'm right in saying that they can't sign a professional contract until they are 16, they stay on schoolboy terms until then? I do wonder if they thought he may be thinking about not signing Pro for us so gave him a little 'sweetener' to sign on soon, it would make sense?

At the end of the day, there's probably not a better 'big' club to be at as a youngster if you want a crack at the first team. At City and Chelsea there's no chance realistically now, Liverpool it's doubtful despite their first team average age being 42, (thanks to Milner being 85).

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:41 am
The whole thing around Nwaneri getting his debut at 15 may be a little clearer. Arteta says it was a 'gut feeling' but I've read that Liverpool and other clubs have been seriously sniffing around him. I think I'm right in saying that they can't sign a professional contract until they are 16, they stay on schoolboy terms until then? I do wonder if they thought he may be thinking about not signing Pro for us so gave him a little 'sweetener' to sign on soon, it would make sense?

At the end of the day, there's probably not a better 'big' club to be at as a youngster if you want a crack at the first team. At City and Chelsea there's no chance realistically now, Liverpool it's doubtful despite their first team average age being 42, (thanks to Milner being 85).

Sounds about right! (does the 'sweetner' include a Hooker, a bottle of the Good Stuff and a Bubble Bath invite to Rodders!?) :D

Good One! :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:

I've a feeling it was a sweetener to keep the kid's head and heart at Arsenal. If it was, then it was a good idea.

I note the two extremes of the media stupidity scale are in action over it already: Pig Lips Junkie Ferdinand stating that basically the kid has already proven he will be a world class player, and the Talentless Moron Danny Murphy saying we'll regret it, implying the kid will now fail because of possible negative media attention from the likes of.... well, Danny fucking Murphy. :roll: :censored:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Have a read of this and see what a complete c.unt this Jason is.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/09/21/arsenal- ... -17421903/

First of all who are you? I never heard of you so your career can't have been up to much now can it.

Secondly, it just reads like someone who is jealous and knows little about football in general.

"It's all about Arteta" - really? is it? I think not you stupid petulant little c.unt.

We were 3-0 up and beating the living daylights out of Brentford so Arteta gave a chance to experience what a premiership game is like to a young lad who has a promising future.

This guy certainly lives up to his typo surname, jeez!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Midz wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:55 pm

First of all who are you? I never heard of you so your career can't have been up to much now can it.

Secondly, it just reads like someone who is jealous and knows little about football in general.

"It's all about Arteta" - really? is it? I think not you stupid petulant little c.unt.

We were 3-0 up and beating the living daylights out of Brentford so Arteta gave a chance to experience what a premiership game is like to a young lad who has a promising future.

Put this nobody in same bracket as Danny Mills and Chris sutton and a few other confirmed Arsenal haters....probably cant sleep at night because we are top of the table :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jason. Cundy.

I repeat. Jason Cundy. :oops:

Being asked for his opinion on football. :coffeespit:

Like asking Jordan her opinion on safe sex and not catching syphilis whilst pregnant.

Cough.

Allegedly.

:wink:

John F

Post by John F »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:03 pm
Midz wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:55 pm

Put this nobody in same bracket as Danny Mills and Chris sutton and a few other confirmed Arsenal haters....probably cant sleep at night because we are top of the table :D
He is part of the Talk Sport Arsenal-hating Team consisting of him, the ginger tosser, Hawsbee, Brazil, and Houghton. I remember Hawksbee just coming out with" I hate Arsenal" a few years ago. That was the last time I listened.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:28 am
TeeCee wrote:

I've a feeling it was a sweetener to keep the kid's head and heart at Arsenal. If it was, then it was a good idea.

I note the two extremes of the media stupidity scale are in action over it already: Pig Lips Junkie Ferdinand stating that basically the kid has already proven he will be a world class player, and the Talentless Moron Danny Murphy saying we'll regret it, implying the kid will now fail because of possible negative media attention from the likes of.... well, Danny fucking Murphy. :roll: :censored:
It’s true that he can’t sign forms until 16, so yes a little inducement to let him know the pathway is here for him to the first team.
It’s not like he is going to be a regular starter :roll: so the press can put their uninformed opinions away again.

Nobody said Rooney wasn’t ready at 16 (wish Everton had waited another week to play him )

Good luck to the lad

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:01 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:28 am
TeeCee wrote:

It’s true that he can’t sign forms until 16, so yes a little inducement to let him know the pathway is here for him to the first team.
It’s not like he is going to be a regular starter :roll: so the press can put their uninformed opinions away again.

Nobody said Rooney wasn’t ready at 16 (wish Everton had waited another week to play him )

Good luck to the lad
Read somewhere (not sure how true but sounds plausible) that it had something to do with compensation if he did end up signing for another club as he's played in our first team.

We lost a promising young player to (I think) Chelski over the summer, so we're looking to avoid a similar situation by it going to tribunal if he does leave.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Ethan Nwaneri by his headmaster(?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_CK24F0BqE

Midz

Post by Midz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:28 pm
Ethan Nwaneri by his headmaster(?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_CK24F0BqE
Impressive. Looking forward to watching him play & develop.