Brentford bulbeyes A (12pm Sunday 18th Sept)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Brentford bulbeyes A (12pm Sunday 18th Sept)

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:35 pm
The enigma which is Thomas Partey had a great game bossing that midfield, really was him at his best

As for Martinelli what can you say...constant threat all game...work rate is incredible...Jesus quality

Saliba a collossus at the back...he looks like the best defender since TA...with the potential to be better

Ramsdale did what he had to do...good display....Viera has real quality, great strike for his goal....but in the premiership you have to be tough to stay on the ball
hopefully will build up his strength levels

Yes sorry DB i hate xhaka as much as you and think we would improve if he was replaced...but probaly his best game...agreed not saying too much

overall very pleased played some terrific passing football and scoring quality goals
The bit in red highlights my point perfectly. "Not saying too much". The bar is set far far lower for this guy than any other player. Apart from the assist for the Jesus goal he did nothing that stood out except get a stupid booking, but I guarantee the agenda on twatter tonight will be "he was brilliant". Even that cross for the assist wasn't anything special. It was good, but you'd expect the most average Premier League player to pull that off in all honesty.

He is garbage and mostly a complete liability, but if he does not give away a penno, or get sent off, or directly cause a goal, (or all three) then he's deemed to have "played well".

Not for me. He was average today. Nothing more.

But give him time, there will be the usual stupidity and shit performances in abundance to come this season.

Not a rant aimed at you mate, but rather just in general. :wink:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Quick question which has just popped into my head; Ethan Nwaneri played for us today and at 15 years of age, he's too young to be a professional. As such, have we just fielded an amateur footballer in the top flight of English football? If so, that's fucking wonderful.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:09 pm
Quick question which has just popped into my head; Ethan Nwaneri played for us today and at 15 years of age, he's too young to be a professional. As such, have we just fielded an amateur footballer in the top flight of English football? If so, that's fucking wonderful.
Thing is we have been fielding a Non-professional Footballer since 25th May 2016, when we signed CliveElCunto.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:20 pm
Thing is we have been fielding a Non-professional Footballer since 25th May 2016, when we signed CliveElCunto.
Good point. Excuse the pun.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:13 pm
We went to Brentford and stole their tollies :barscarf: Very enjoyable, professional performance from us 8)

:rubchin: Cough!

Are you sure mate!???

Definition of a Tollie:

"Tollie - Urban Dictionaryhttps://www.urbandictionary.com › define › term=tollie
the result of a drunken night of shameless sex involving a soldering iron, anal eaze, hand-cuffs, a gerbil, ice cubes, and of course candles(to set the mood)."

Sound like something SteveO & Rodders would be into! :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:22 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:20 pm
Good point. Excuse the pun.

:lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Fantastic performance! Great to see that we are starting games on fire this season - in the past couple of seasons, one of my biggest complaints was our slow starts, but this season it seems like we're at from the first whistle. Not many teams will go there and beat them by three goals, that's for sure.

A great way to head in to the break and come back refreshed to beat the vermin!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:37 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:35 pm
The enigma which is Thomas Partey had a great game bossing that midfield, really was him at his best

As for Martinelli what can you say...constant threat all game...work rate is incredible...Jesus quality

Saliba a collossus at the back...he looks like the best defender since TA...with the potential to be better

Ramsdale did what he had to do...good display....Viera has real quality, great strike for his goal....but in the premiership you have to be tough to stay on the ball
hopefully will build up his strength levels

Yes sorry DB i hate xhaka as much as you and think we would improve if he was replaced...but probaly his best game...agreed not saying too much

overall very pleased played some terrific passing football and scoring quality goals
The bit in red highlights my point perfectly. "Not saying too much". The bar is set far far lower for this guy than any other player. Apart from the assist for the Jesus goal he did nothing that stood out except get a stupid booking, but I guarantee the agenda on twatter tonight will be "he was brilliant". Even that cross for the assist wasn't anything special. It was good, but you'd expect the most average Premier League player to pull that off in all honesty.

He is garbage and mostly a complete liability, but if he does not give away a penno, or get sent off, or directly cause a goal, (or all three) then he's deemed to have "played well".

Not for me. He was average today. Nothing more.

But give him time, there will be the usual stupidity and shit performances in abundance to come this season.

Not a rant aimed at you mate, but rather just in general. :wink:
No problem DB agree with your commments...he is a liability and will cost us dear....but being honest today he did ok...a long way off MOTM :D
A lot of it being hes not so exposed in this new role for his limited pace and very poor tackling ability, think i saw last game he had his lowest stat ever 0.8 for tackling whatever the fuck that means
Would like to eventually see Zinchenko take over his role...but xhaka the fucker never gets injured :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

Who's :D top of the league?

:D :D :D :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Midz wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:46 pm

:barscarf: :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:27 pm
Fantastic performance! Great to see that we are starting games on fire this season - in the past couple of seasons, one of my biggest complaints was our slow starts, but this season it seems like we're at from the first whistle. Not many teams will go there and beat them by three goals, that's for sure.

A great way to head in to the break and come back refreshed to beat the vermin!

Yeah, previously for 10 - 15 mins we just settle in, and the likes of Liverpool used to blow us apart in that time.

Start as you mean to go on, we used to struggle to up the tempo once we were lethargic from the off.

Long way to go, obviously, but we just look better all round.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

3 Minute Highlights of the Game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ceZ87IefRc

3 Very Decent Goals too! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:46 pm

Said We ARE Top Of The League!

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:07 pm
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:52 pm
Could have done without that Jesus booking. Already upto 4 already
Yeah he’s hardly dirty, he just fights for every ball.

To be fair that “tackle” was worthy of a booking at any point in the game

Just needs to be a touch less enthusiastic, when it’s not required.
A booking in the Spurs game will mean he misses the Liverpool game.
I wonder what promises Nketiah was made before the start of the season.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Fun fact :D

Due to child protection laws our young 15yr old Ethan
Nwaneri had to change in a room on his own today.