Brentford bulbeyes A (12pm Sunday 18th Sept)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: Brentford bulbeyes A (12pm Sunday 18th Sept)

Post by g88ner »

BFG4 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:37 am
Due to work I missed the game live but delighted with the result. At the start of the season had you said we would have 18 points and be top of the league I'd have absolutely taken it. Delighted for Vieira with his goal and I think he'll prove to be a huge signing. One thing that bugs me is the nonsense the media spout about us being title challengers and I think they do it so when we are in a top 4 race they'll claim we are sliding down the league.
Be interesting to see how we get on against Sp*rs and Liverpool. It’s obviously wonderful how consistent we’ve been so far but a statement win would go so far in showing we’re not flat track bullies.

You just know the scum will play shit, concede all possession yet keep hitting us in the break. I hate those teams… when it’s not us. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:45 am
g88ner wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:37 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:25 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:13 pm
Masterful performance. We didn't give Brentford a moment to breathe in that game. I can't believe I'm going to say this but Xhaka was my man of the match. I thought he was excellent. Pinpoint cross for Jesus' goal. Defended well and passing was excellent. Don't think he lost possession either.
It's only 7 games in but going into October top of the league is somewhere I didn't expect us to be. We have a title challenging team here. At this point in the season only Man City have shown a better team.
Stop mate ffs. How could Lobotomy Clive be motm? :oops: He did nothing more than you'd expect from the most average of players. Saliba had a brilliant game controlling our defence. Jesus was everywhere winning balls fighting for everything and even making Clive's shit pass to him work. And hey let's ignore the three or four times Lobotomy lost possession whilst under no pressure, or the stupid booking that only an idiot picks up. Fucks sake, if you set the bar any lower for Lobotomy he'll just step over it with his eyes closed. :lol: :wink:

You've been accused of being a wum on here on several occasions mate - and I've always defended you and your right to post what you want - but that post above is ridiculous, with all due respect. :|
Xhaka had a decent performance yesterday. Obviously.

Personally I don’t agree but there’s several media outlets who had Xhaka as MOTM and loads of others who gave him a high rating so Nos89 is far from alone in that.

It’s a weird forum when it’s normal to call Xhaka a c.unt, normal to say you hope he gets injured, but out comes the wum word when Nos89 praises his performance. Very harsh that :lol: :lol:
The first poster was saying xhaka was his MOTM...fair enough thats his opinion......my opinion is with Martinelli, Saliba, Jesus, Viera and the impressive Partey way ahead of him most people would agree thats a nonsense statement
Exactly this ^^^.

With the "Clive is now reconciled and rehabilitated" agenda amongst certain idiotic media outlets and certain fans, every single mistake he makes is conveniently ignored, but if he gets one pass correct then he is viewed as having "played well" or is motm. Yesterday his performance was lightyears behind all the players Redarmy names and yet he's getting hailed as motm. :roll: :oops:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:56 am
Redarmy wrote:
g88ner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Masterful performance. We didn't give Brentford a moment to breathe in that game. I can't believe I'm going to say this but Xhaka was my man of the match. I thought he was excellent. Pinpoint cross for Jesus' goal. Defended well and passing was excellent. Don't think he lost possession either.
It's only 7 games in but going into October top of the league is somewhere I didn't expect us to be. We have a title challenging team here. At this point in the season only Man City have shown a better team.
Stop mate ffs. How could Lobotomy Clive be motm? :oops: He did nothing more than you'd expect from the most average of players. Saliba had a brilliant game controlling our defence. Jesus was everywhere winning balls fighting for everything and even making Clive's shit pass to him work. And hey let's ignore the three or four times Lobotomy lost possession whilst under no pressure, or the stupid booking that only an idiot picks up. Fucks sake, if you set the bar any lower for Lobotomy he'll just step over it with his eyes closed. :lol: :wink:

You've been accused of being a wum on here on several occasions mate - and I've always defended you and your right to post what you want - but that post above is ridiculous, with all due respect. :|

Personally I don’t agree but there’s several media outlets who had Xhaka as MOTM and loads of others who gave him a high rating so Nos89 is far from alone in that.

It’s a weird forum when it’s normal to call Xhaka a c.unt, normal to say you hope he gets injured, but out comes the wum word when Nos89 praises his performance. Very harsh that :lol: :lol:
The first poster was saying xhaka was his MOTM...fair enough thats his opinion......my opinion is with Martinelli, Saliba, Jesus, Viera and the impressive Partey way ahead of him most people would agree thats a nonsense statement
Exactly this ^^^.

With the "Clive is now reconciled and rehabilitated" agenda amongst certain idiotic media outlets and certain fans, every single mistake he makes is conveniently ignored, but if he gets one pass correct then he is viewed as having "played well" or is motm. Yesterday his performance was lightyears behind all the players Redarmy names and yet he's getting hailed as motm. :roll: :oops:
And another very suspicious yellow card.

Some people would say he's not that stupid but....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:56 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:56 am
Redarmy wrote:
g88ner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Exactly this ^^^.

And another very suspicious yellow card.

Some people would say he's not that stupid but....
Hmmm never even thought of that tbh. I just see him do what he does and think "yep he's a fucking retard".

But fuck me if he did get an intentional card against Leeds and another one against Brentford then not only is he more stupid than we give him credit for, he would also be even more of a cùnt than previously thought. :shock:

Of course this is all speculation and rumour on the interwebs, he hasn't been convicted or even directly accused or charged with anything.

Yet. :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

There a lovely clip circulating showing Ramsdale and Martinelli making sure Nwaneri gets some love from our away support yesterday. Nice. 8)

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:06 am
There a lovely clip circulating showing Ramsdale and Martinelli making sure Nwaneri gets some love from our away support yesterday. Nice. 8)
I take it that you didn't listen to the audio :lol:

herbert

Post by herbert »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:22 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
😁
We've got Granit Xhaka

He played well and he was easily in the top 5 footballers on that pitch yesterday

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Nope. :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

herbert wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:39 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
😁
We've got Granit Xhaka

He played well and he was easily in the top 5 footballers on that pitch yesterday
No. No, he wasn't.

beck

Post by beck »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:59 am
beck wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:09 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:33 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:10 pm
Thoroughly enjoyed that , great 3 points , wait for the still haven't played anyone yet remarks. Were a different team this year , Saliba has made a massive difference, Vieira looks exciting, Jesus is a beast. Still think we can go up a level if Clive gets injured .
Its only 2 o clock so a good 12 hours of drinking to celebrate now :barscarf:
As happy as we all are at being top and winning games it is true that the only so called "big game" we've had we lost..... and against probably the poorest manure team in a quarter century....

I always say you can only play what's in front of you and this season we have won games we have lost previously. But I'll be a bit more convinced by this team if we beat both the scum and the victims. And lets remember that is two teams that are now a shade of the teams they've been for the last two or three years. If we fold to them like we did to manure then nothing has changed for me.

Not negativity just realism. 8)
The narrative has been that Man City and Liverpool have been setting standards unseen before
Spurs have had their best ever premier league start
But now arsenal are playing well and having our best start in 15 years it’s because of a weak league
Don’t get caught up in that enjoying your team doing well shit and players playing better stuff
If you said they ain’t no good then it’s vital you don’t get proved wrong
70 odd summers on this vale of tears
Why waste them being enthusiastic
To be fair, City and Liverpool have raised the bar, and points totals show that.

Hardly any pundits tipped us for top 4 this season, so they can’t remind people of their ability to be wrong can they ?

Fuck em all, fuck em all
That was my point
We would still be 3 points in front of Liverpool had they performed as they did last season
Couldn’t give amuck when pundits say it
It should be pinned on the dressing room wall
When own fans say it
It’s self harming nonsense

beck

Post by beck »

Redarmy wrote:
g88ner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

And they all play for Arsenal
Happy days

herbert

Post by herbert »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:52 pm
herbert wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
😁
We've got Granit Xhaka

No. No, he wasn't.
😁
Did you watch that game with your eyes closed ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

herbert wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:05 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:52 pm
herbert wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
😁
We've got Granit Xhaka

No. No, he wasn't.
😁
Did you watch that game with your eyes closed ?
Nope. With my eyes open I watched the idiot do a lot of pointing, play the usual stupid blind ball across the pitch to lose possession under no pressure whatsoever, pick up the standard stupid booking, fire a terrible return pass at Jesus's knees, and do not much else apart from the bare minimum that anyone would expect from a professional footballer earning north of 100k a week.

But hey yeah, one good cross for an assist! The bar has now been set so low in the hysterical "Lobotomy Clive is rehabilitated" agenda that this makes him motm for some people. Utter nonsense. He wasn't even in the top 15 players on that pitch never mind the top 5.

Did you watch with your eyes closed? :rubchin:

There's a certain element in our fanbase that I've never understood. The ones that can see no wrong in anything to do with the club whether it be a poor player or a poor manager, the ones that equate blind sheep mentality with "loyalty".

People like this guy:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

herbert

Post by herbert »

beck wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:29 pm
Redarmy wrote:
g88ner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

Happy days
You have to remember that some of those media who gave Xhaka MOM yesterday and the 2000+ Gooners who gave him a standing ovation and sung his song get to see the overall picture by being at the game,I thought Partey was excellent and MOM by a distance but Xhaka played very well and if you add in his leadership skills and organisational skills I would not argue with anyone who gave him MOM yesterday

beck

Post by beck »

herbert wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:22 pm
beck wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:29 pm
Redarmy wrote:
g88ner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Happy days
You have to remember that some of those media who gave Xhaka MOM yesterday and the 2000+ Gooners who gave him a standing ovation and sung his song get to see the overall picture by being at the game,I thought Partey was excellent and MOM by a distance but Xhaka played very well and if you add in his leadership skills and organisational skills I would not argue with anyone who gave him MOM yesterday
Me neither
I wasn’t at the game but from what I saw on telly he had a good game
Was better than martinelli who also had a good game
For me Saliba was our best player