Red dippers H Sun 9th Oct KO 430 pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Thynker

Re: Red dippers H Sun 9th Oct KO 430 pm

Post by Thynker »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:04 pm
Thynker wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:53 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:35 pm
Apparently that is why Clive 'lost it' and grabbed Henderson; he used a racist term towards Gabriel, I can well believe it. It was about 4 or 5 seasons ago Henderson was accused of doing something very similar towards it was either a C.Palace or QPR player, can't remember :? But nothing was done.
Just replayed it many times.
Henderson is mouthing at the referee but is covering his mouth.
Gabriel has a flick at Henderson who shoves him back more forcefully. Xhaka gets involved because he has just shoved Gabriel.
You really don't get it do you. If someone uses a name that is a racial slur / insult then they need to be punished. :roll:
IF...
He's within speaking distance of the referee because he's trying to communicate with him.
I doubt it but we'll see how things transpire.
I'm not one for jumping to conclusions.

He's still a c..t though.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

It was lovely to finally get a win against these arseholes :barscarf: I think we deserved it aswell 8) The auld fartbox was shredded at full time :oops: Great win :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

No doubt sky sports will spend the rest of the week dissecting Liverpool's demise, not recognising that we are, at this moment in time, a better team and will be for the next 10 years at least.
We had their defence scrambling in that second half. Klopp even changed his formation to 442, which I've not seen in the last 7years. Their best 2 players were both taken off before the 70th minute.
Had we run out 5-2 winners that would've been a fairer scoreline.
If Xhaka had scored the winning goal today, I probably would be voting him for player of the season. Fortunately, it was Saka with a great penalty. Was it a soft pen, maybe, however, wasn't it a good feeling that it actually went our way for a change against them. I don't hate Liverpool, but I absolutely love beating them. I'll be wearing an Arsenal training top in the gym this week.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I posted about it at the time but well worth saying it again.

They made a huge mistake giving Salah all the monies and a massive new contract in the summer, just like we did with Ozil and Auba.

Now they’ve a guy on mega money that they won’t be able to shift who’s just phoning in performances this season for whatever reason, whether it’s all gone stale for him at the club or he’s just majorly on the decline.

Hauled off today and rarely a goal threat anymore - a costly, costly mistake.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:49 pm
"Player of the match". :roll:

MAN OF the match you pc-obsessed snowflake arseholes. :censored:
It’s the broadcasters that are peddling that horse shit to appease the 0.00000000000001% :roll:

The wording on the award hasn’t gone woke (yet) -

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:06 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:49 pm
"Player of the match". :roll:

MAN OF the match you pc-obsessed snowflake arseholes. :censored:
It’s the broadcasters that are peddling that horse shit to appease the 0.00000000000001% :roll:

The wording on the award hasn’t gone woke (yet) -

Yes definetly my man of the match he was unstoppable...sure some deluded fuckers out there will still go for Xhaka

great win...and with leeds, southampton and forest coming up its looking good

on a negative note how did the ref and var miss that deliberate elbow to the face....that is exactly what a red card is for

Harcourt

Post by Harcourt »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:57 pm
Thynker wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:56 pm
I think we got away with the Gabriel handball.
I've seen them given
Arm was up, very dangerous. Gabriel just screams chaos this season. Makes me nervous.
Seen it suggested elsewhere, but perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to partner Tomiyasu with Saliba.

White, Saliba, Tomiyasu, Zinchenko/Tierney

Only concern is Tomi is a bit injury prone. But Gabriel would have to step in in that case.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Thynker wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:34 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thynker wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Apparently that is why Clive 'lost it' and grabbed Henderson; he used a racist term towards Gabriel, I can well believe it. It was about 4 or 5 seasons ago Henderson was accused of doing something very similar towards it was either a C.Palace or QPR player, can't remember :? But nothing was done.
Gabriel has a flick at Henderson who shoves him back more forcefully. Xhaka gets involved because he has just shoved Gabriel.
You really don't get it do you. If someone uses a name that is a racial slur / insult then they need to be punished. :roll:
IF...
He's within speaking distance of the referee because he's trying to communicate with him.

Does he need an excuse to "loose it" ?

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

What an amazing day that was , got home at 10.30 absolutely buzzing. I havent heard an atmosphere like that for many years , the place was absolutely rocking. Gabi mom by a country mile, I said a couple of years ago he'll be out best youngster out the three , just need to nail him down which I think will happen sooner rather than later.
Im enjoying the football again on match days and not just the banter with the lads .
:barscarf:

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

The clip here shows the exact incident. The ref is no way near. Looking at Xhaka's reaction after Gabriel told him what Henderson had called him you can make out it was serious.

https://youtube.com/shorts/ya7-Cm0Ltqw?feature=share

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Gunnerz4life wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:54 am
The clip here shows the exact incident. The ref is no way near. Looking at Xhaka's reaction after Gabriel told him what Henderson had called him you can make out it was serious.

https://youtube.com/shorts/ya7-Cm0Ltqw?feature=share
firmino's face says it all

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

gooner265 wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:52 am
What an amazing day that was , got home at 10.30 absolutely buzzing. I havent heard an atmosphere like that for many years , the place was absolutely rocking. Gabi mom by a country mile, I said a couple of years ago he'll be out best youngster out the three , just need to nail him down which I think will happen sooner rather than later.
Im enjoying the football again on match days and not just the banter with the lads .

"Of course, I want to stay. We are talking."

Gabriel Martinelli has confirmed negotiations on a new contract with Arsenal are underway.

@TheAthleticUK 🔴⚪️ #afc

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thynker wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:34 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thynker wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
IF...

Yes, BUT why would he cover his mouth when in the middle of hand bags if it wasn't to insult... Sadly if the ref didn't hear him nothing will be done.

I agree with the last bit though 1,000%

herbert

Post by herbert »

https://twitter.com/MPangalos/status/15 ... 5nk3A&s=19

We won the league at Anfield
We won it at the lane

Love our version of allez allez

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:18 am
gooner265 wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:52 am

"Of course, I want to stay. We are talking."

Gabriel Martinelli has confirmed negotiations on a new contract with Arsenal are underway.

@TheAthleticUK 🔴⚪️ #afc
Thats all three now said talks are happening, saka is virtually done apparently, three 100 mliom pound players right there, just need ESR to kick on now. :barscarf: