Sutcliffe and Saville loving, Flat cap wearing, whippet shagging arseholes A Sun 16th Oct KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Re: Sutcliffe and Saville loving, Flat cap wearing, whippet shagging arseholes A Sun 16th Oct KO 2pm

Post by falkirk goon »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:35 pm
Extremely apt :lol:

https://twitter.com/remontadavv/status/ ... eu11S2WjtQ
Spot on :lol:

OneBardGooner

Re: Sutcliffe and Saville loving, Flat cap wearing, whippet shagging arseholes A Sun 16th Oct KO 2pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC: Post Match Interview

Arsenal have been labelled "very lucky" - but good fortune, a new-found resilience and what boss Mikel Arteta calls "something special" mean they have now made the club's best start to a top-flight campaign for more than a century.

The Gunners claimed victory at Leeds courtesy of Bukayo Saka's first-half goal, before the Premier League leaders rode their luck and somehow held on in a dramatic second half.

"Hectic," was Arteta's assessment of the game. "It is always really intense here. We were exceptional in the first half and should have been two or three up.

He added to Sky Sports: "Credit to Leeds in the second half. We made so many errors and did not generate momentum, but I just love the relentless passion the team played with and how we found a way to win.

"This is something special. This is not a coincidence. It shows the willingness that I see in the eyes of the players to win, to compete."

The game was halted in just the first minute because of a power cut outside Elland Road, which meant VAR and goalline technology were not working.

After a delay of around 40 minutes, the technical problems were fixed and the match restarted.

Arsenal took the lead before Leeds striker Patrick Bamford, on as a substitute at the start of the second period, had a goal ruled out and missed a penalty.

It looked like Bamford had the chance of a reprieve in injury time when referee Chris Kavanagh sent off Arsenal's Gabriel for kicking out at the striker, and awarded the hosts a penalty.

But both decisions were overturned after Kavanagh reviewed the incident on the pitchside monitor.

"I have not seen it but everyone is saying the decision was clear," Arteta said of the overturned penalty. "Thank God they made the system to work. That delay was worth it because without VAR I don't know what would have happened."

Former Chelsea winger Pat Nevin said on BBC Radio 5 Live: "What a fantastic game of football. That is one of the most exciting 1-0 scorelines I have ever seen.

"This game will be talked about for a long long time. Arsenal got very, very, lucky and Leeds were very unlucky. If they keep playing like that, don't worry Leeds fans, you will be fine."

On the overturned red card, Nevin said: "I agree with every single part of the referee's decision except changing the red card to a yellow card. Apparently that is not violent conduct.

"If the ball is nowhere near you and you stick both feet into a opponent, that is violent conduct." (***)

'Better than best team in league'

Leeds were much the better side in the second half but could not find the leveller and their winless run now stands at six games.

"It was a really good performance from us," boss Jesse Marsch told Sky Sports. "[We had] discipline, concentration over the entire match, even with the late start, which was strange on the day.

"[It was] a performance that showed that when we play the way we want to play, we can be very good. That's the best team in the league right now and today we were better."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63279433

(***)

Pat Kevin the ex-chavCUNT Pundit yet again not seeing what actually happened:

he (Gabriele) stuck up One Foot... It hardly made any contact, but of course Bamford the cheatingCUNT went down like he'd been shot.

FUCK OFF Nevin you ex-ChavCUNT

#COYG!!!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:43 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:16 pm
Tin hat Firmly On: :-P

For me MOTM was Rasmdale, but if I had to choose an outfield player it would be xhaka.... I thought other than one rick he played really Well. :oops:
Welcome to the dark side One Bard

We’ve got CLAP CLAP Granit Xhaka
We’ve got CLAP CLAP Granit Xhaka

:wink:
:lol:

:redcard: Both banned.

:wink:

Tbh I thought Lobotomy Clive did OK in the first half. Didn't slow the play, only lost possession a couple times. Nothing amazing and the bare minimum you'd expect from a supposed PL footballer, but he did it. Credit where its due.

But then in the second half he just disappeared. The game completely passed him by. Only worse player for us today was Jesus who was absolutely anonymous.

No matter. A great win against dirty leeds.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:30 pm
For those wondering who the co-commentator was on the Premier League TV broadcast it was Paul Robinson, ex Leeds and Spuds keeper. Should explain everything. :roll: :lol:
He probably holds the record for the keeper with the most goals conceded v The Arsenal as we used to score against him for fun

beck

Post by beck »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:57 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
For those wondering who the co-commentator was on the Premier League TV broadcast it was Paul Robinson, ex Leeds and Spuds keeper. Should explain everything. :roll: :lol:
He probably holds the record for the keeper with the most goals conceded v The Arsenal as we used to score against him for fun
Think he might do 69 in 24 games
Shay given always seemed to have a cracker against us yet let in 59 in 33
Nowhere near old Robinson
Would have stopped more had they been pies

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Clearly an offside in the build-up to the penalty.

VAR is so inconsistent

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Clearly an offside in the build-up to the penalty.

VAR is so inconsistent

Bamford clearly thought about clutching his face originally after shoving Gabriel and the collapses the leg that didn't get kicked to try to win a penalty.
Cheating c..t

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Cant be bothered to read back everything but what i can't understand is, Gabriels red and the penalty get overturned for a yellow and a freekick to us, so how come Bamfuck doesn't get a yellow for violent conduct or whatever..... :rubchin:

If i'm honest Gabriel should have seen red for lashing out as the rules stand however the protection for the attacking players who instigate these things has to stop, Kane is an absolute *word censored* for it as are others, its not a so called 'part of the game' it is cheating and a dishonest attempt to push your opponent beyond his limit to get an aggresive response. Attacking players get away with it far far too often but far too readily Refs automatically punish the defenders.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Not sure we were that "lucky" today. Their first pen shouldn't have given as there was a clear offside in the build up. However, how did the ref miss Saliba's handball?
Gabriel is clearly pushed over, so how did the ref conclude there was a red card and a penalty in the first place?
My worry is Gabriel is clearly struggling at the moment and needs a timeout. Think he's worried about missing out on the world cup. He certainly doesn't seem as calm as he did last season.
Only saw highlights of the game and twice Odegaard kinda got in the way of good opportunities for other players, Jesus in the first half, Xhaka in the attack before the penalty was awarded.
Ramsdale made some excellent saves, and would've saved the penalty had it not gone just wide.
An excellent win. A deserved win (it's Leeds). A nice 4 point buffer which means nothing at this stage really other than if Spurs win midweek they can't go top. Ha!

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

They looked like they had 14 players on the field in the second half. We just stopped what we did so well in the first half - played football. Lucky to get the points today but we'll play heaps better another week and lose!. :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:19 pm
Cant be bothered to read back everything but what i can't understand is, Gabriels red and the penalty get overturned for a yellow and a freekick to us, so how come Bamfuck doesn't get a yellow for violent conduct or whatever..... :rubchin:

If i'm honest Gabriel should have seen red for lashing out as the rules stand however the protection for the attacking players who instigate these things has to stop, Kane is an absolute *word censored* for it as are others, its not a so called 'part of the game' it is cheating and a dishonest attempt to push your opponent beyond his limit to get an aggresive response. Attacking players get away with it far far too often but far too readily Refs automatically punish the defenders.
Yes, bumfart should have been yellow carded as it was he who instigated it all with the initial push when Gabriel was simply standing his ground.

But to to say he (Gabriel) "Lashed out" is a bit much he left his leg in the air and of course Bunfart made the most of what little contact there was. HAD he stabbed his studs into him then fair enough... but to say he "Lashed Out' is for me wildly exaggerated.

From the moment he came on bumfart was using every trick in the book to try and gain some kind of advantage because what they were doing football-wise was failing, and when he missed the pen oh! Boy did I Laugh! Anyway we got the WIN and that's all we Gooners need to / or should be concerned about.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

beck wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:31 pm
StuartL wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:57 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Think he might do 69 in 24 games
Shay given always seemed to have a cracker against us yet let in 59 in 33
Nowhere near old Robinson
Would have stopped more had they been pies
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And who can forget the FA Cup Final against the villains when Sanchez put that screamer past him.... :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Attacking players get away with it far far too often but far too readily Refs automatically punish the defenders.

Refs always punish the effects never the cause.

Darth Highbury

Post by Darth Highbury »

Remember this? Bamfords got form….

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... r-el-ghazi

Yes Gabriel put himself in stupid situation but why even a yellow? Intent? Possibly but tenuous. Surely the bigger sin here is the simulation of a proven Chelsea trained cheat.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:high5:

Welcome to the Dark Side Darth! :cheers: