Southampton sphincters A Sun 23rd Oct KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Southampton sphincters A Sun 23rd Oct KO 2pm

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:18 am
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:50 pm
Robert Jones todays ref based in merseyside.... :rubchin:

incredibly bad refereeing....changed the game
If we ever do find ourselves in a title race you’d have to feel we’d have fuck all hope, they’d just screw us out of it.

I’m forever harping on about it on here, it’s just become the norm now. Yesterday we were shit for large parts of the game but we still should have won. Jesus being hauled down in the box was a joke and then for the rest of the game they hauled him down all over the pitch and the referee just turned a blind eye to it.

Swinging elbows and head butts all in days work.

What’s going on can’t be explained away with incompetence, it’s blatant cheating.
Plus kicking Saka all game and Tierney getting a punch to the throat....the headbut on Nketiah and punch in the back for Jesus who was also dragged to the floor and held on every occasion....so called REF did NOTHING....Fuck All

Have to say been watching football many years this was worst ref EVER....

Another mug who wants to be the star attraction.....got to ban that ref

Of course these decisions matter we would have been 2-0 up and with them with 10 men...blatant cheating in that game

Mark Halsey stated Arsenal were robbed...is that fair on supporters travelling to games to get cheated?
Last edited by Redarmy on Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

On a par with Riley who is aiming for a last hurrah . How much he influenced yesterday's performance we will never know . But we can all suspect.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:32 am
rodders999 wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:18 am
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:50 pm
Robert Jones todays ref based in merseyside.... :rubchin:

incredibly bad refereeing....changed the game
If we ever do find ourselves in a title race you’d have to feel we’d have fuck all hope, they’d just screw us out of it.

I’m forever harping on about it on here, it’s just become the norm now. Yesterday we were shit for large parts of the game but we still should have won. Jesus being hauled down in the box was a joke and then for the rest of the game they hauled him down all over the pitch and the referee just turned a blind eye to it.

Swinging elbows and head butts all in days work.

What’s going on can’t be explained away with incompetence, it’s blatant cheating.
Plus kicking Saka all game and Tierney getting a punch to the throat....the headbut on Nketiah and punch in the back for Jesus who was also dragged to the floor and held on every occasion....so called REF did NOTHING....Fuck All

Have to say been watching football many years this was worst ref EVER....
It’s kinda like they think they need to even up the playing field,there’s no way Xhaka is getting away with the fouls they did yesterday in and around the box,but I guess they think “oh it’s lowly Southampton/wolves/Bournemouth” and allow these oafs to kick around the big boys,it’s like the new refs mandate to allow “more physical contact” only goes one way,I mean twice that c unt at the back held Jesus for at least 2 seconds,one was a blatant penalty,yet the referee has shied away from making a decision that is clear as day,and one you’ll see given every week until the end of the season for other sides,guaranteed they’d give it for United or City,I doubt it’s a conspiracy against Arsenal but you do wonder if we’re still a soft touch and a bit naive around referees

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

robbo10 wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:18 am
The very fact we should be winning by at least 2 clear goals means we probably won’t,I have a feeling these will show up today,I can’t even remember us winning there in recent years,and as has been said we’ve been truly awful there the last few times,to say I was more confident we’d beat the Spuds and Pity City says something,
I just hope I’m wrong

:barscarf:
See! See! It was Robbo10 with all his "Negative Vibes" Maaaaan! he jinxed us! :D :wink:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:30 am
robbo10 wrote:
The very fact we should be winning by at least 2 clear goals means we probably won’t,I have a feeling these will show up today,I can’t even remember us winning there in recent years,and as has been said we’ve been truly awful there the last few times,to say I was more confident we’d beat the Spuds and Pity City says something,
I just hope I’m wrong

See! See! It was Robbo10 with all his "Negative Vibes" Maaaaan! he jinxed us! :D :wink:
Ban the useless c unt!!! Run him out of town! :oops: :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

robbo10 wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:40 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:30 am
robbo10 wrote:
I just hope I’m wrong

Ban the useless c unt!!! Run him out of town! :oops: :lol: :lol:
YEAAAAH! What He Said! :D :wink:

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Arteta's Post Game Presser: (From Arsenal.com)

After the game, the manager spoke to the media and discussed whether he had any complaints about the result, was asked about a penalty appeal in the first half and gave his view on why the performance level dipped.

Here’s every word from his post-match press conference…

on whether he has any complaints:
No complaints. This is football. We were really good in the first half and controlled totally the game, we created loads of big chances that we didn’t put away. In the Premier League, unfortunately, if you don’t do that when you are top of the game you can have some difficulties.

In the second half we put ourselves in problems with the amount of giveaways that we had, especially with ball possession, and that didn’t allow us to control the game the way we wanted. Their direct play and long throws and set pieces disrupted the game a lot. We tried to react and I still think in the second half the two biggest chances were ours but we didn’t put them away.

on what he made of our penalty shouts:
I don’t know. I don’t want to comment on that. I want to see the images before I do that.

on why our performance levels dropped off:
I think we stopped doing all the simple things right. The distances on the ball positions were too far, we gave too many simple balls away in very dangerous areas without much pressure and that didn’t allow us much continuity like we had in the first half. Then you are more tired because the game becomes more open and there are more transitions and you are fatigued.

I think again we finished the game on top of them and we tried to go for the second goal, but we didn’t find a way to do it. It was a consequence of one thing after the other and we didn’t stop it quick enough.

on Gabriel Jesus:
I’m sure that today he will be disappointed because he had the chances to put them away. Knowing Gabby, he’s disappointed when he scores two goals and could have scored three or four, so he can do that. But he’s having the chances and he’s always there. He gives so much to the team and it’s a shame he couldn’t put them away today.

on squad depth:
We have the same that we had a month ago, two days ago, and the same as what we’re going to have next week. I don’t like to have any excuses. In the second half we could have played much better and we could have won much more comfortably than we did and it’s completely down to us. I think the team looked really fresh at the start. I put it more down to the way we played. We should have played better in the second half.

on eight of our players starting in every Premier League game this season:
That means they haven’t played other games. I think at the start, the team looked really fresh. [As for] the second half and last few minutes, it’s more the way we played - I put it there. We should have played better in the second half.

on why we’ve historically struggled against Southampton on the road:
It’s very difficult to win in the Premier League at home and away.

Copyright 2022 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

It's my fault posted after a break and we fuck up. Will go into hiding again!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

from todays mail.....

Arsenal 'were ROBBED of a clear penalty' against Southampton, claims ex-Premier League referee Mark Halsey

after the event....comments which now dont matter....just plain cheating

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:42 pm
from todays mail.....

Arsenal 'were ROBBED of a clear penalty' against Southampton, claims ex-Premier League referee Mark Halsey

after the event....comments which now dont matter....just plain cheating
He has just done himself out of a cushy VAR role hasn’t he…..no way would they let him oversee important decisions

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Dermot Gallacher was on Sky earlier saying the Jesus incident wasn't a penalty because the defender touches the ball. So you can grab a player and impede their run into the box but if you happen to touch the ball then all is ok. It's bad enough I have to see shitty reffing but having some shitty ex ref justify it is even more frustrating. The ref was a disgrace yesterday but until we have a proper referee panel that weed out the really bad refs then it's just going to be rinse and repeat.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Is it just me or the Majority of Football Fans (Especially this who support teams in the Prem) Just Fed Up with the Abysmally Poor Standards of Reffing and Officiating - Not just the refs but the Lino's and the 4th Officials... That dullard cun.t Lino in the game against Leeds who couldn't wait to tel the Ref that Gabriel should be Red Carded for "Lashing Out", even though it was BumFart who had initiated the foul etc

There needs to be a National Petition set up for fans to sign, seeking:

a) To have the Suits who run the FA investigated (particularly their finances and any possible connection/s to betting Syndicates etc)

b) To push for ALL Refs and / or Officials; Including those running VAR to HAVE TO Explain why Decisions were given and to; if they get it wrong toot only publicly apologise on a TV Forum and in all versions of the Media, but should the game carry enough importance (which 80% of the games do) For the Game to be Replayed.

c) To employ ex-players as Referees and Match Officials (Linos, 4th and VAR) instead of the retards and possible CorruptCUNTS we currently have in the game.

d) To get rid of the 'suits' who run the FA; they're all earning between £250k to £500k a year! And currently do not have to explain any decisions and have absolute Cart Blanche to do whatever without any need to be held Accountable.

I don't know if it's still the case; I'm certain one of you Gooners will be able to confirm but to the best of my knowledge after 10,000 signatures, petitions get a response from the government. After 100,000 signatures, petitions are considered for debate in Parliament.

https://www.thefa.com/about-football-as ... /structure

The FA Board Members - Not one of whom has ever kicked a ball in their Pussified lives!

The FA Council membership 2022-23

Chair & Leader of Council. D Hewitt MBE (2022)

Vice-Chairs. JD Pearce (2001), Bognor Regis Town FC. ...

Life/Senior Vice-Presidents. G Thompson, OBE, JP (1979), Sheffield & Hallamshire FA. ...

Vice-Presidents. BJ Adshead (1997), Staffordshire FA. ...

Divisional Representatives. G Perry (2021), Ashington FC.

SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Some observations, most of which only reiterate what's been said.

Ref was awful. The constant wrestling of Jesus by that centre half was a scandal, as was Saka's yellow card for diving. Someone made the point that all too often refs allow the apparent lesser team to rough up their opposition, as though it's legitimate evening up.

That's two iffy performances in the league on the trot and I thought the Soton game could have been any game played by us in the last 10 years. We started well and should have been at least 2 up after 20 mins, but once they went to 5 at the back, we struggled and they gained a foothold. Second half we were poor and a draw was about all we deserved.

Xhaka...crap as usual. Took his goal very well, but other than that, the usual slow paced nothingness and nowhere to be seen once Saints made a fight of it. He is a complete waste of a shirt in the vital centre mid dept.

Odegaard...said it many times before on here, a neat and tidy, technically excellent player, but goes completely missing when the going gets tough. A quality footballer and influential when we're bossing a game, but a luxury against the big boys, or in a scrap like yesterday.

Partey...ok-ish, but that's all in my book. A good first half yesterday, but like our other centre mids, as soon as its a fight and there's less time on the ball, he reverts to too many misplaced passes and giving the ball away cheaply.

Jesus...as Bobby Pires says earlier in this thread, he's reverting to his City days. Great energy, technically good and a nuisance to the defence, but doesn't convert enough chances. I said when we bought him that he'd score between 12 and 16b league goals a nd i see no reason to re-evaluate that. Any team hoping to compete needs a 20+ striker, with others chipping in plenty. He isn't a 20+ striker.

Nketiah...Tee Cee has said exactly what I was going to say, that he's Championship level. Fuck knows why the were desperate to keep him and upped his wages. If we lose Jesus for any length of time, you'll see how fucked we'll be. We need a massive upgrade on Eddie I'm afraid.

Arteta...I'll admit to being surprised at how well we've started the season and I didn't expect that, so all credit due, but I still think top 4 will be a fight, because Arteta's still got an awful lot to learn. Why the fuck take off our most effective player on the day, Martinelli and replace him with Nketiah?? How did Arteta think that would improve anything? Well, it clearly fucking didn't. Martinelli ought to have been the last bloke hooked.

So, two pony performances on the bounce and some old issues rearing their heads. The biggest problem by far is in centre mid where we have an average Partey, a crap Xhaka and a flaky Odegaard. It's the engine room and if it's as weak as ours is, you'll ultimately struggle. Apart from that, we desperately need a second quality striker. Two or three injuries and we'll be in trouble.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

https://twitter.com/LiamCrook1/status/1 ... f2rFo_kWmQ

Nothing to add . Borrowed from Liam.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:31 pm

that No 4 at the back for southampton was a fucking nutcase...could and should have had at least 3 red cards

using his head and grabbing Nekitah by the throat...FFS

Nekitah was like a frightened schoolkid

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:10 am
A11M11 wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:31 pm

that No 4 at the back for southampton was a fucking nutcase...could and should have had at least 3 red cards

using his head and grabbing Nekitah by the throat...FFS

Nekitah was like a frightened schoolkid
Back in the day when a fairly timid Anelka joined us, a certain Martin Keown was assigned as his on field protector. You kicked Nic you got a reducer from Mr Keown. How times have changed.