Southampton sphincters A Sun 23rd Oct KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Southampton sphincters A Sun 23rd Oct KO 2pm

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Jesus has reverted to what he was at City. Not good enough.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:49 pm
Your replies to our top 4 chances.... I do think we have a chance, a very real chance actually. Neither spurs nor chelsea are better than us. As for winning the title, NO, I don't think we'll win it, as Rodders said, City will stroll it. But I do believe Arteta and the players believe we can win it and again, IMO, that could cost us the Europa success.

Aim for 2nd, 3rd or 4th and throw EVERYTHING at the Europa....but we won't as it will come across that we lack belief.

The sooner we are out of running to win the title, the better.
Surely if we remain in the title race it means our top 4 chances are greatly enhanced as opposed to being sucked back into the pack. I don't even want to think about winning the title, that's not the Arsenal way even when we were all-conquering it was only in the 2004 season that we knew we would win it at a canter.

I have slapped down any Gooner who has even suggested it this early, the spuds dropping points today took the disappointment off what wasn't a great performance by the boys. It is clear that some players need a rest already with our hectic October schedule. I would have started KT today at LB and given White a rest with Tomi RB.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Just got back from the game...FFS were do you start?

Could have been 3 up in first 5 minutes...we were so superior to them it was unreal......all saints fans were resigned to loosing

Eventually put one away...

They could not keep the ball their passing was shit.....looked like we had a good penalty shout...and countless fouls against us went unchecked

1-0 up at half time no way could see anything but a win for us

2nd half they came out with an extra effort....very physical and the referee was Diabolical in his decisions...for both teams
absolute terrible refereeing...and you know what...Southampton DESERVED the draw for their effort

Martinelli was our best player...he got taken off...WHY?
They played a high line...but we never caught them offside...the only thing they have is a good corner taker and pace upfront
Saka was poor all game, although they doubled up on him and if he beat one another was there to tidy up...againg he got fouled persistently throughout
Xhaka was total shit...hes a FRAUD...i studied the fucker he was slow ponderous played the safe ball and was overrun in midfield not sure if he even won a tackle ...at final whistle he was making a real show of holding Wally walcott....what a publicity whore fraud he really is
Tommi was poor overall...Viera out muscled and passed by
Partey was great first half but him and Jesus came in for some very rough challenges with no support from the ref

It was a game we should have won comfortably...but somehow drew....
That approach by Southampton will have been watched and we will no doubt come in for more of this treatment from inferior sides
hoping to bridge the gulf in class by effort and a very physical approach
Overall...GUTTED

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:20 pm
Ben White with the ball at his feet is terrifying. |For us that is.
yes hes not good enough

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:44 pm
As soon as opposing teams load their midfield and put the pressure on in the middle of the park, |Odegaard vanishes. |Every single time.
yes agree again...hes quality no doubt...BUT when the going gets tough...he FUCKS off

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:49 pm
Eddie! About as much strength as a wet paper bag... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Arteta mistake...should have unloaded him and bought another striker....hes just not good enough

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:20 pm
Just got back from the game...FFS were do you start?

Could have been 3 up in first 5 minutes...we were so superior to them it was unreal......all saints fans were resigned to loosing

Eventually put one away...

They could not keep the ball their passing was shit.....looked like we had a good penalty shout...and countless fouls against us went unchecked

1-0 up at half time no way could see anything but a win for us

2nd half they came out with an extra effort....very physical and the referee was Diabolical in his decisions...for both teams
absolute terrible refereeing...and you know what...Southampton DESERVED the draw for their effort

Martinelli was our best player...he got taken off...WHY?
They played a high line...but we never caught them offside...the only thing they have is a good corner taker and pace upfront
Saka was poor all game, although they doubled up on him and if he beat one another was there to tidy up...againg he got fouled persistently throughout
Xhaka was total shit...hes a FRAUD...i studied the fucker he was slow ponderous played the safe ball and was overrun in midfield not sure if he even won a tackle ...at final whistle he was making a real show of holding Wally walcott....what a publicity whore fraud he really is
Tommi was poor overall...Viera out muscled and passed by
Partey was great first half but him and Jesus came in for some very rough challenges with no support from the ref

It was a game we should have won comfortably...but somehow drew....
That approach by Southampton will have been watched and we will no doubt come in for more of this treatment from inferior sides
hoping to bridge the gulf in class by effort and a very physical approach
Overall...GUTTED
One of the most accurate descriptions of Lobotomy Clive I've read.

But the fanboys see him score a goal and make one or two good passes (good, mind - not brilliant) and it's "MOTM. REHABILITATED". Utter fucking nonsense. :roll:

He's being played in an advanced position that minimises the catastrophic mistakes he usually makes, but he is still the same shit standard fucking bullshitter of a player.

Our best player today was Martinelli yet Martinez-Lite takes him off and leaves Clive on..... mind boggling. :x

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:17 pm
Midz wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:06 pm
Every fucking time we have a chance to take advantage of the teams around us dropping points we blow it.

Last season was rife with it and today was the same. it's a shame because we had the opportunity to go 4 clear but we bottled it again.

Still, 2 pts clear is still good but it could've been better.

Agreed mate...

You watch... Just to really complete my week-end the Filth from down the road will scrape a win - Probably by one of their Diving CuntyDuo Pot Poodle or Fat Tongue

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

We started Brightly etc - scored a very good goal but after that we turned to shyte.

The Ref (robert jones) is aCUNT :cussing:

ps; New Signings in January is a MUST... Eddie and Vieira are like cocktail sticks weak and get muscled out of every 50/50

Tierney needs to learn how to kick with his Right Foot

It comes to something when there are players who are worse than Clive. :cry:
The ref played a big part....Arsenal were getting frustrated particularly Jesus, Partey and Saka.....the home crowd sensed it and after being quiet as fuck they got behind their team and their players responded...we melted away

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:49 pm
I don’t see much of a future for Nketiah. He’s not a bad player, but not Arsenal standard.
He is what he is at present a good foil for Europa league matches and maybe F.A Cup against lower division teams.
However he is trying to be too similar to Jesus with lots of running and link up play when we need an alternative for games like todays.
I thought it was pathetic that the club were so eager to keep him last season. To me he is no better than Chamakh or Bendtner when they were here. We have Jesus struggling to get a goal and his replacement is someone clearly not up to the standard of the club, really worrying.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Eddie is a championship striker, always has been always will be. To go into the season with just him was asking for trouble, we said it at the start. It means we have no options, we have a great player who doesn't score enough goals and an average player who doesn't score enough goals!! This season is about getting top 4 so I I'm trying not to o get too morose about dropping two points but the reality is, we desperately need another quality midfield general and a good striker to really be competing

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Don’t know if it’s been posted already. But here’s the assault on Tierney:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/commen ... d_you_can/

Surprise, surprise they didn’t want to replay that, it looks like GBH. If you pause it, you can actually see the defender turning, looking and then whacking Tierney in the neck, a full swing with his right arm. So that’s two stonewall penalties and two red cards that cheat of a ref has let them off. He needs to be looked into. We were below par and looked tired, but with a straight ref we’d have taken three points again.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Robert Jones todays ref based in merseyside.... :rubchin:

incredibly bad refereeing....changed the game

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

How much more chat is there going to be on MOTD for Leeds? Who gives a f..k ?

And the league leaders aren't top billing?

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Bottle job !. Eddie & Viera should stay on the bench. Was Saka on the pitch after half time ?. I'm now worried about Forest & Wolves. :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:50 pm
Robert Jones todays ref based in merseyside.... :rubchin:

incredibly bad refereeing....changed the game
If we ever do find ourselves in a title race you’d have to feel we’d have fuck all hope, they’d just screw us out of it.

I’m forever harping on about it on here, it’s just become the norm now. Yesterday we were shit for large parts of the game but we still should have won. Jesus being hauled down in the box was a joke and then for the rest of the game they hauled him down all over the pitch and the referee just turned a blind eye to it.

Swinging elbows and head butts all in days work.

What’s going on can’t be explained away with incompetence, it’s blatant cheating.